Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Gay Marriage

• Please log in to reply
1006 replies to this topic

#46    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:00 AM

View PostTaylorReints, on 03 August 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the Bible has this to say about homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

- Leviticus 20:13 King James Version

exactly.....and to teach children that this is ok to believe,,,well no not really...they just teach to hate them and shun them or if they embrace them they try to pray it away or beat it out.....i guarantee if they werent afraid of prison....they would kill them.....no doubt in my mind.....many evangelical US christians would...it is vile that this crap is 'protected' as a 'right',  but someone wants to be married, and they are gay...no cant have that! idiots!!!!

#47    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

Non christians have used religion for there own purposes, a christian that follows the bible knows that none of the commandments can be fufilled without love but some people enforce them through pride

Just a quick side note.. how come every post you make, and your postings on profiles status's  double up..  Are you experiencing server problems?    I know this is not on topic..I just wondered if you were experiencing server problems?

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#48    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

View PostCoffey, on 03 August 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

I don't have a problem with gay people at all, it's their freedom of choice to live the way they feel they should.

I get what you are saying.. but its not a choice...lol...  What I mean is.. you and I do not chose our sexuality..we just have it..born with it..same with them.. :D

#49    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

• “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 03 August 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

There was an awful lot of them in line getting chicken and it wasn't all sweetness and nice.   It might be good news for you, but historically it has been bad news for a lot of Innocent people.

Kind of ironic isn't it, them lining up to stuff their faces with fast chikin to show their support for biblical principals?  Last I heard they follow a savior that was about feeding the poor and meanwhile they line up to buy their fast food and support them good ol' Christian values, I believe the statistics say 15 people across the world die of starvation every minute.  If they were supporting true Christian principals, they'd have donated that money to feed the poor, not shoveling chikin in their faces to pad the pockets of a homophobic fast food joint by raising its profits.  WWJD?  OH yeah, eat mor chikin, says it somewhere in Corinthians, I believe.

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#50    ChloeB

ChloeB

Government Agent

• 4,161 posts

• “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” — Leonardo da Vinci

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:24 AM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 03 August 2012 - 09:12 PM, said:

.....don't get gay married!

Seriously I dont see why christians feel so threatened by gay marriage. I think more will come around though. Look how many used to support slavery, and own slaves, and now they believe that to be wrong. They dont stone adulterers anymore, and they dont burn witches at the stake......so I hold out hope that they will see the light. They are just a little slow.....

I know, it's so simple, don't be gay and don't get married!  But no, they must make sure their views are all that is allowed or the gay cootie virus may take over the world and turn us all into married gay Christian-eating zombies.  It's a real threat........................really, right?

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth.”
― William W. Purkey

#51    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:32 AM

View PostChloeB, on 04 August 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

I know, it's so simple, don't be gay and don't get married!  But no, they must make sure their views are all that is allowed or the gay cootie virus may take over the world and turn us all into married gay Christian-eating zombies.  It's a real threat........................really, right?

exactly! I dont know how they cant grasp it....they need to wake up they are in some trance of ignorance and dependent on their drug i guess......and it really is sad becasue they can be so highly functioning and bright...then they start talking religious beliefs and their version of 'science' and its like what the hell!!??

#52    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:36 AM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?
Legislation that abrogates a person's right are illegal. i.e. if you signed a contract to become someone's slave, the contract would not be binding, because the contract would deprive you of your constitutional rights. The courts address the legal issues, not legislators, politicians, or religious folk.

Edited by Beany, 04 August 2012 - 12:36 AM.

#53    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostChloeB, on 04 August 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

Kind of ironic isn't it, them lining up to stuff their faces with fast chikin to show their support for biblical principals? Last I heard they follow a savior that was about feeding the poor and meanwhile they line up to buy their fast food and support them good ol' Christian values, I believe the statistics say 15 people across the world die of starvation every minute.  If they were supporting true Christian principals, they'd have donated that money to feed the poor, not shoveling chikin in their faces to pad the pockets of a homophobic fast food joint by raising its profits.  WWJD? OH yeah, eat mor chikin, says it somewhere in Corinthians, I believe.

Go on Chloe.. you wrapped that up in one  ..good post

But see it is so much easier to say -  Hey I don't think it is right to be gay or be a gay and get married..I am not homophobic  or anything   ahem  I have best friends who are gay !!

Yup..you find them all the time..   If there was a topic on people who are discriminating towards..Gremlins  (lol ) you can bank.. one will say - "Well, I just dont like how they want to feed after midmnight?  That is just sinful..its gluttony.. And why would they want to get wet and multiply?  That is NOT how God intended us to multiply?   Gremlins are an abomination before God..BUT I am not a Gremlinphobic..no..besides a lot of my best friends are all Gizmos" ..........  You can bet if Gremlins did exist  and not some mad creation  Chris Columbus... A number of people would be against them and you would most likely read and hear what I briefly just mentioned  lol  :P

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 04 August 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#54    Uncle Pockets

Uncle Pockets

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 03 August 2012 - 11:37 PM, said:

What is the bigger situation?  What does the number single women have to do with gay marriage. Men and women who are homosexual are not going to  pursue the same sex because there are no mates of the other sex, it is their nature to be attracted to the same sex. I dated a bi-sexual woman one time she had a partner who little interest in me.  Sigh... I am miss those girls.

The bigger situation is focusing on the 51% of females who are without a spouse.  It is in no ones nature to be attracted to the same sex. Desires come and go. No reason to give into them.

#55    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:40 AM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 04 August 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

exactly.....and to teach children that this is ok to believe,,,well no not really...they just teach to hate them and shun them or if they embrace them they try to pray it away or beat it out.....i guarantee if they werent afraid of prison....they would kill them.....no doubt in my mind.....many evangelical US christians would...it is vile that this crap is 'protected' as a 'right',  but someone wants to be married, and they are gay...no cant have that! idiots!!!!
Fortunately, some people arrive at their own moral code independently and don't rely on religious indoctrination or literature. While questioning someone else's moral values their clearly displaying their own lack of said values.

#56    TrueBeliever

TrueBeliever

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostUncle Pockets, on 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM, said:

The bigger situation is focusing on the 51% of females who are without a spouse.  It is in no ones nature to be attracted to the same sex. Desires come and go. No reason to give into them.

oh come on! did you arrive at this conclusion during bible study? wow........

#57    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostEver Learning, on 03 August 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

If the majority voted against gay marrige how is that not fair, the majority won. if the minority won then that would be unfair, do you dissagree?
Simply because something has the support of the majority doesn't make it legal. At one time, mixed race marriages had majority support, but those laws were determined by the courts to be illegal. The majority of people in the south in the 19th century supported the institution of slavery. By your reasoning, does that mean slavery was/is acceptable?

#58    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostTrueBeliever, on 04 August 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

oh come on! did you arrive at this conclusion during bible study? wow........
Unc, if you're going to throw out statistics, you should be able to back it up with facts and name your sources.

#59    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,334 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostKazoo, on 03 August 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

My problem is that marriage IS a contractual agreement. I don't think the government should have any power over it at all. Gay or Not.
Then the government shouldn't offer any preferential tax laws for married couples, right? If you give up one you have to give up all of it.

#60    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,838 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

View PostTaylorReints, on 03 August 2012 - 11:52 PM, said:

Unfortunately, the Bible has this to say about homosexuality:

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

- Leviticus 20:13 King James Version

And yet that is in the old testament. Christians say that they go by the new testament. Do you go by everything that is law in the old testament? All the silly laws in leviticus?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users