Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Information about 'Media' (Sp?)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 12:44 AM

Does anyone know anything about a place called Media? It may be spelled differently, as it was spoken to me rather then written. It has something to do with religion, and what few leads I have indicate that it may have existed before Iran. Something to do with religion, I'm positive. Any information would be appreciated.                                                

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 17 February 2003 - 01:01 AM

Sorry, TB,
       It reminds me of Medea, but that's probably
        not what you mean.  smile.gif                                                

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#3    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 01:33 PM

Test Bear heres a little info about Iran:

Historians tell us that the first major civilization was the Elamite civilization, dating as far back as 3000 B.C. The next settlers gave Iran its name: the Aryans came in from Central Asia ("Iran" means "the land of the Aryans") and settled in two groups. In the northeast, the kingdom of Media was established;  and in the south, what was to be called Persia was settled. The Medes came to dominate, but were overthrown by King Cyrus the Great of Persia in 550 B.C. He unified the kingdoms under the Acheamid Empire and extended it from the Mediterranean to the lands of Asia Minor. This empire lasted until 331 B.C. when Alexander the Great conquered it. He died only two years later but one of his generals maintained dominion. The Selucid (323 - c. 247 B.C.), Parthian (c. 247 B.C. - 241 A.D.) and Sassanid (241 - 636/637 A.D.) dynasties succeeded them. During the Sassanid dynasty, infrastructure was significantly developed and high art forms flourished. The dynasty maintained its control until the battle of Qâdisiyya (636/637 A.D.) when the Arab armies conquered Iran.

Hope its of use to you.                                                

#4    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 02:56 PM

interesting...but i thought Alexander the great lasted morethan two years after conquering persia. i new he died young, but that young, let me check it out                                                

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#5    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 03:08 PM

i believe it was between 2-4 years after conquering persia                                                

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#6    Test_Bear

Test_Bear

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 12:03 AM

Emmy, I owe you dinner! Not sure how that works over anonymous message boards but if you ever show up then I owe you one!

Where'd you get it?

"If I laugh at any human thing 'tis so I do not weep."     -Lord Byron

#7    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 08:46 PM

Thanx for the offer Test Bear smile.gif

I just typed 'information about the history of Iran into a search engine and it gave a whole load of info.                                                

#8    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:16 PM

Test Bear,

Here are a few links to pages that contain info on Media on them:

Click Here

Click Here 2

Click here 3

Hope these are of help to you.                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#9    emmy

emmy

Psychic Spy

• 1,448 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:28 PM

Thanks for doing that Al I couldn't find the page that I found yesterday biggrin.gif  wub.gif                                                

#10    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 18 February 2003 - 09:29 PM

Any time emmy, any time wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif  wub.gif                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users