Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Silence Gun

Sakari

This is awesome !!!!

Silence Gun: Strange weapon of the future immediately quiets you, whether you like it or not

Ever since humans first invented guns, they've been inventing new uses for them. Some shoot bullets; others shoot lasers. But a strange and unsettling new gun being developed by Japanese researchers shoots sound waves in an effort to disrupt and silence anyone who dares speak out of turn...........

Story here : http://news.yahoo.co...-193050045.html

Edited by Sakari

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sakari

• Scruffy

• King Fluffs

• phatmanxxl

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing is happening. :(

Finally, I will win ever argument against my sister from now on! JAPAN RULES!!!

Funny enough, this was developed to make people from other countries appear to be speaking like bad, dubbed out kung fu movies...

I don't understand this. Did I miss something?

What is the difference between the effect of this gun and a normal echo?

first cat ears that display emotion?, then headphones that "remote control" humans, now silence guns?, Japans going to take over the world without us even knowing...

I sometimes get this effect when calling Ireland (weirdly, only Ireland) from my work phone for some reason. When I first noticed it it did actually stop me from talking, but you quickly adapt and learn to ignore it :P

Edited by Finity

Did they realise real guns can already do this and the results are more permanent... :innocent:

WTF.Why waste all that money on a gun that makes people shut up.My guns do the same thing . all you have to do is point it at someones face and say shut up and they shut up. :w00t:

How is this awesome? This will not be made available to the public. It's obvious that the purpose is for police or government control. There is no way in hell that this kind of device would be made available to the public, it's power is equivalent to a tank or other military technology.

If ever there was a physical object which represented the hierarchy that exists to displace any notion of fairness or equality in human conduct this would be it. So now instead of hauling you off to some psychopathic medical facility to stitch your mouth shut a machine can now replace such methods, oh the wonders of modern government tactics.

Edited by Earthgaia

If you've ever worked with digital recording equipment, you might have come across latency during recording. A slight delay of your own voice played back to you through the headphones (Often around 2ms) Never rendered me confused and silent. Its annoying yes, but its not exactly a silence-o-tron. I think I smell something.....what that? yup, thought so,,,,,, BS!

What if you just cover your eyes when someone uses it on you, the feedback can't "confuse" you if you can't hear it.....

What if you just cover your eyes when someone uses it on you, the feedback can't "confuse" you if you can't hear it.....

How would covering your eyes stop you from hearing it? :rofl: