Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What do you want to do when you grow up ?

Kismit

Lately I've noticed we have had one or two threads devoted to finding a career path .

I can't help it even at the ripe old age of 29 I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up . How can anyone make such a crucial decision at a young age .

Perhaps Instead of asking what you want to be we should ask what you want to do ?

I personnally want to travel more work less and earn more money.

So now all I have to do is work out how to achieve this . It sounds complicated dosen't it .. It's not trust me . Just list down your goals , what you want to achieve and work out how much money you need to make to achieve this .

After you've done that much we will take it another step .

This also works for people like me who dislike the job they have at the moment .

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Homer

• Uranium_235

• Blood Angel

• tendo

Well i'm in about 6 hours i'm going to the bank to sort out my new buisness, i'm opening up a shop. besides that i'm thinking of enrolling into the territorial army again(thats the national guard for you yanks).

Grow up? Who said anything about growing up? I never signed ANYTHING that said ANYTHING about growing up!

I DEMAND A RECALL! w00t.gif

I personnally want to travel more work less and earn more money.

Yep, that about sums it up thumbsup.gif

I would want that as well as freedom of deadlines, traffic jams and office politics.

If I could be anything, it would probably be intergalactic space pirate. However, due to the lack of space traffic, that line of work just isn't profitable at this time.

Kismit, that is all i want too. my dream is to have much more time with my wife and kids. all i want is a small house on a quiet street in some little country town, a place with some sun on it so i can grow a garden, and a hammock to read books in. if i achieve that, my life will be a success.

wink2.gif

Homer Posted on Aug 26 2003, 04:14 AM

If I could be anything, it would probably be intergalactic space pirate.

Hmmmm could just see u as that Homer thumbsup.gif

BA what kind of shop?

Me?

To be as good a mum as I can be, always to have the childlike curiosity that has not left me yet, and to try to be a friend to all that I meet whether in r/l or online. To make people laugh or smile. whistling2.gif

For me it would be to get a good job, and then get enough money to be able to support emmy in the way she wants to be.

Pretty much work less travel more make more money. In fact, I think it would be great if once a week, a dumptruck full of money would pull up to my front door. It'd be my "priveledge of being me" levy, and I'd receive it happily. And if that doesn't work out, I'd like to be a garbage man.

my dream is to have much more time with my wife and kids. all i want is a small house on a quiet street in some little country town, a place with some sun on it so i can grow a garden, and a hammock to read books in. if i achieve that, my life will be a success.

That sounds like a wonderful plan Bizarro! I have a similar one, but I would also like to own a metaphysical shop, with books and herbs, and oils and all of that kind of stuff. Whether or not that ever happens, I want to have a job that allows me to spend time with my family and be able to be there for them when they need me. original.gif

Well .. I was thinking of having a Job that can give me lots of money at once .. that is when I graduate .. I want to work for a year .. then I will run away and travil all around the world .. rolleyes.gif .. I am not sure what kind of a job that can give me this .. but I hope to find a good one .. thumbsup.gif .. I don't know .. is a translater a good job .. tongue.gif .. ??

If it is .. then that is what I want to be when I grow up .. grin2.gif

All I want is that there is food on the table and my kids stay healthy.

Me?? I´m not important, I have no goals when it comes to profession...

Been self employed but it wasn´t that fun. Work day and night.

Better to have a daytime job and then go home and forget about it...well untill the next day anyway. original.gif

Army surplus ma'am celti you want a flak jacket or a tin hat you come see me lol thumbsup.gif

Well I've tried a bit of everything when it comes to work ..falconry, vet assistant, electronics and silversmith but I am currently working in a shop and about to start a psychology degree course at the age of 28........ hopefully this is right path for me at last

cool.gif

I wanted to be an astronaught...travel into space and discover things that have never been discovered before.

But they said "look, youre british...scale it down"

So then I wanted to work in a shoeshop. Discover shoes that have never been discovered, right at the back on the left.

But they said "look, youre british...scale it down"

So I said I wanted to work in a sewer..discover sewage thats never been discovered before, pile it on my head and sell myself to an art gallery.

But they said "What the heck have you been smokin..."

(First person to get the reference wins a cookie)

Currently...I wanna be a primary (elementary) school teacher.

In fact Ive wanted to be a primary school teacher for about 4 or 5 years now...

Before that i wanted to write for a living...but then I did a works experience at a primary school and loved it so I changed my mind (though Im still writing my little heart out...I actually have the current story open now and Im jumping between the two)

So yes...when Im older (since I will never grow up grin2.gif) I wanna be a primary school teacher.

-edit-

Out, OUT you typo demons...

goin to b a bus conduktor

or

or work in a chocolate pakaging faktory...

or

open a tattoe parlour....

dont want to think bout da future ...its da present dat i live in....

... to sail away, with my "Superman"..... to be at his beck and call.... to laugh..... to not count pills and to wake up each morning with the sunrise and to dance each evening when the Sun...sets.

i wanna be a physicist. applied, theorized, nano, universal, doesnt matter, (though preferably theorized universal) as long as im a physicist.

alien.gif when i grow up... well, i wanna be the most unique... i wann discover anything that's creepy about me... like explore my brain more... i mean its abilities... though im seventeen right now, i'm starting to explore it more and more not only mine... but also others... i wanna find answers to questions... those reasonable answers... alien.gif

Me.

I either want to become an elementary school teacher and be the best teacher I can be because the public schools here suck. The system is way too corrupt. They keep the money and screw the kids over.

Or

I want to open up a video game/comic book/toy/trading card/science fiction book/arcade store. The store would mostly be about video games. They have a couple of them around here. But mine would be the best because I usually get video games way before they are released to the public.

I'm never gonna grow up......Halos kids are now demanding their tea .... rolleyes.gif

Ok So I'm grown up grin2.gif ....but I'm a Groovy, Fab & Funky Mother cool.gif Who's an Artist in her spare time and currently learning British Sign Language so I can teach Art to Deaf Kids and eventually become an Art Therapist.

Can you tell my Kids are gonna be sooooo embarassed by me when they reach their teenage years devil.gifthumbsup.gif

I think I wanted to be an archeologist the first time I saw "The Raiders of the Lost Ark"...

...what happened to me to finish in accounting...

THE AMERICAN ARMED FORCES!!! i would be a navy seal, but the training sounds too hard... eleven out of 30 usually make it.... so i'll be a GI. thumbsup.gif

Or maybe I want to be a UPS driver. I've always wanted to make a sharp turn and fall out of one of those trucks with the sliding doors.

THE AMERICAN ARMED FORCES!!! i would be a navy seal, but the training sounds too hard... eleven out of 30 usually make it.... so i'll be a GI. thumbsup.gif

If it sounds too hard, then you aren't good enough, and contrary to popular belief, completing hell week doesn't make the rest of the training any easier for the Seals

I agree...

General Issue's are cool cool.gif