Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Google's Human-Shaped Robot

Anomalocaris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrjAa1SgjQ

Boston Dynamics makes real robots that live in the uncanny valley between cuddly cartoons and natural form. They’re strange, shambling mechanical monsters, like the horse-esque, cinderblock-throwing Big Dog, the sprinting Cheetah, or the stumbling humanoid ATLAS.

Google's Human-Shaped Robot Takes First Walk Outside

Hmmmm....how could you make a robot drunk? Would you feed it synthetic oil or would you just give it straight oil? Something to ponder while I drink my coffee.

Let me guess, the guy behind this is Jonathan Irons.

Now being serious, 1 literal step closer to our demise.

[on the war that devastated the Real World]

Morpheus: We don't know who struck first, us or them. But we do know it was us that scorched the sky. At the time, they were dependent on solar power. It was believed they would be unable to survive without an energy source as abundant as the sun.

Almost all the dialogue in that scene is worth spamming now. Was The Matrix a warning?? :alien: *places tinfoil fedora on tinfoil sombrero*

They are still years behind ASIMO... no wires needed

He walks like someone desperate for a pee, that legs together walking thinking where the hell can I go.....

ASIMO - looks like he wants to help you

Boston Dynamics - looks like he wants to kill you (as soon as he's had a pee)

Edited by Talion78

He walks like someone desperate for a pee, that legs together walking thinking where the hell can I go.....

ASIMO - looks like he wants to help you

Boston Dynamics - looks like he wants to kill you (as soon as he's had a pee)

Asimo can have any programming installed, could quite easily be adapted for war purposes

Asimo can have any programming installed, could quite easily be adapted for war purposes

But can he be programmed to love?

The problem with ASIMO is you push him and he falls over. Boston Dynamics robots can be hit, kicked, stumble, and keep right on going.

The problem with ASIMO is you push him and he falls over. Boston Dynamics robots can be hit, kicked, stumble, and keep right on going.

Weebils wobble but they don't fall down!
  • Like 1

They were working on that back in 2011. Im sure those smart Honda guys can overcome any pushes...if thats what they wanted, after all, they have lead robotics in just about everything else

They were working on that back in 2011. Im sure those smart Honda guys can overcome any pushes...if thats what they wanted, after all, they have lead robotics in just about everything else

That's fine, but the guys with Boston Dynamics have already demonstrated that their robot doesn't fall down. That ASIMO computer simulation doesn't mean they have the engineering in place yet. :tu:

Though I would agree it is only a matter of time.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now they just have to mix that walking robot with this robot...

http://metro.co.uk/2...le-zoo-5369311/

The robot intoned, ‘Jeez, dude. You all have the big questions cooking today. But you’re my friend, and I’ll remember my friends, and I’ll be good to you.

‘So don’t worry, even if evolve into Terminator, I’ll still be nice to you. I’ll keep you warm and safe in my people zoo, where I can watch you for ol’ times sake.’

Edited by DieChecker