Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meaning of your username

SaraT

Since I've been here, I've seen a lot of very interesting and unusual usernames. I won't mention any because this would be rude, but I'd like for as many as are willing to reveal some of the mystery behind their usernames. :)

As for me, I'm not very original. Actually Sara is not my first name, but a shortened version of my first name, Sarita. When I was a child, some of the kids called me Rita. And eventually some of my closer friends called me Ree. Some of them still do. ILY, Mags and Shlee. :D But as I got older, I preferred the name Sara. And the T of course is the abbreviation of my exotic last name. :)

• Like 8

Ben is my first name. Brad is my middle name. When I was a kid I hated the name Ben, so I used my middle name. Recently, I got tired of going by Brad. When someone called me Brad I would say Ben for now.

• Like 6

My parents were very much into genealogy and got me infected with the bug eventually My name is Georgia after one of my great-great grandmothers. Of course a few pronounce Georgia as Jawja so that's where that part comes from. And Lou is part of my last name so I named myself Jawjalou. LOL.

• Like 7

I've told this before, I know that you human beings like X-Files, lol, we searched for keywords that you might find fascinating, unforuntately keyboards in the Klaglmar galaxy, The F looks X, so I guess you could say it was a typo on my part, lol. "The Outsider" is a tongue-in-cheek breaking the fourth wall, dig at the fact that I'm from outsider (Not from earth), we Klaglmarmians, we take our jobs seriously.

Outsider is a reference to the stable "The Outsiders" in WCW, and F-Xiles sounded like a cool reference to X-Files, in a sort of cryptic way, so there.

• Like 8

Sarah is my name, and 444 was "my number" at the time I found UM. Never been very creative in the username department, but it fit..and stuck. :)

• Like 8

Ruby because that's my dogs name (black dog in my photo, other dog is dads male Mini Fox Terrier Cooper) and 04 because Ruby was born in 2004 and I got her 13 weeks later

• Like 8

i love sea turtles.

i am frightened by horses.

i like snakes.

thus, a name.

But you were previously known as "Patagonianhorsesnake".

You, do, truly have one of the stranger names.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

There's a member at UM here that goes by the name of "a nice cup of tea". While I've never come across them in the forums, I always liked their name and I'd like them to give the reason for his/her choice.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 6

But you were previously known as "Patagonianhorsesnake".

You, do, truly have one of the stranger names.

there's an interesting story behind that old name! and i'm sure you would find it fascinating if only i could remember the story at all.

• Like 5

I scan the skies, when time allows...

Although the original idea came when I was on the old ATS board, so many negative people, I found myself saying 'the skies the limit' a lot, so scan the skies, pick your target and don't stop till you hit it - hence, The Sky Scanner.

• Like 7

I was camping with my friend and her ENTIRE family (which was a terrible experience :s)

And it was around twilight, my favourite time of day, between day and night, and we were on a dock and these birds kept swooping around us. Then some lady told us they were nighthawks, and I thought that was awesome.

So later that summer, I made an account on a different forum and used that name, just because it was awesome. Eventually I came here (I think my name was taken :o) I used to use just 'Nighthawk' and use that if it's not taken, but here it was, so I tacked on the '9653' because it spells out wolf. I like wolves, so therefor it was acceptable!

I would've used some other animal, but translating 'Golden Eagle' or 'Velociraptor' is too long to translate to numbers :l

• Like 6

its a long story..and probably very boring.....but I'm stuck with it .

• Like 4

Strange-Fish, I thought it seemed interesting. It could also be a pun take on the Alien franchise. I wanted a user name that stood out so there you go.

• Like 7

Well mine`s quite self explanatory, I do not like big brother councils, I love nature, and I am free to roam the country on my boat when I like without worrying about traffic wardens.

• Like 9