Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Over 75% of Britons want to see

louie

The finding will raise fears that the far-Right BNP could prosper in the recession as unemployment rises.

In addition, more than half of the adults in Britain who took part in the FT/Harris survey opposed the right for citizens from other European Union countries to work here.

Outspoken immigration minister Phil Woolas admitted that the Government, despite years of tough talking on immigrati More..on, had yet to convince many voters that it had properly tightened Britain's borders.

'The poll figures are not a surprise, they are a concern, and in significant part they are because they public don't believe that the Government has got control,' he said.

'The central goal of my immigration policy is to provide the assurance to the public that we know who's here and who's not here.'

Immigrants from Eastern Europe have been generally welcomed by people in Britain as they have been seen as skilled tradesmen and women and to have filled gaps in the workforce.

Just over half of those interviewed in Britain strongly supported the idea that the Government should ask unemployed immigrants to leave the country, with about a quarter 'somewhat' backing such a policy.

Shadow immigration minister Damian Green said the findings reflected Labour's failures over immigration combined with pressures on the jobs market.

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has faced criticism for his slogan 'British jobs for British workers' and the country was hit by wildcat strikes this year over the use of foreign workers at an oil refinery in Lincolnshire.

Town halls in London are to get millions of pounds to help deal with a surge in immigrants.

Communities Secretary Hazel Blears will this week unveil plans for a £50 fee for immigrants to the UK from non-EU countries.

The scheme is expected to raise around £70 million over the next few years with funds being distributed to councils having to provide extra health, education and other services because of the influx of newcomers

Several town halls in London, including Hammersmith and Fulham, have complained they are being underfunded because of flawed population figures

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fbe_1237211152

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Hill

• Plainbob13

• Lord Umbarger

• Sthenno

Top Posters In This Topic

you can see it coming, people are getting fed up and want some action. what that action will be :unsure2:

I agree. But only if we include all immigrants rather than just recent ones. Just cos you're ancestors immigrated to my country 10,000 years ago doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to chuck you out if you're a lazy good-for-nothing scrounger :D

I'm really fed up with where I live..

I've lost count the number of times, keep the noise down, what do you a preposition to shout everything at the top of your voice?

What? a bit of sun, do you really need to open up the window and blast your flippin annoying music out?

what is wrong with you?

Shut up!

I'm really fed up with where I live..

I've lost count the number of times, keep the noise down, what do you a preposition to shout everything at the top of your voice?

What? a bit of sun, do you really need to open up the window and blast your flippin annoying music out?

what is wrong with you?

Shut up!

Sorry Bill. I didn't know my music was up that loud. :(

I agree. But only if we include all immigrants rather than just recent ones. Just cos you're ancestors immigrated to my country 10,000 years ago doesn't mean we shouldn't be able to chuck you out if you're a lazy good-for-nothing scrounger :D

And after they kick out the foreigners, they'll probably need more Living Room for the real British people, the Ary... Britons. They may have to take over Ireland. Of course, then they'll have to get rid of all those pesky Micks who were there first, so some manner of Solution will have to be found.

But the good Britons won't question that sort of thing.

By then, it'll probably be necessary to take over some more land, maybe Norway and Sweden.

And it'd probably be a good idea to get rid of all those fags. And people in funny religions. And those cripples and invalids are /such/ a drag on the NHS. Maybe they could do something about that, too.

--Jaylemurph

Sorry Bill. I didn't know my music was up that loud. :(

It's ok, it's the sound proofing, although I have pointed this out, many a time.

I ask you nicely and ignore me..

I freak out, and you turn it off completely,

I don't mind a little sound, just not volume 200! saying 'look at me, everyone, I is gangsta number one'

And of course it get worse when the bloody yanks get involved giving ideas.

or as we fondly call them septic tanks

Edited by louie

It's ok, it's the sound proofing, although I have pointed this out, many a time.

I ask you nicely and ignore me..

I freak out, and you turn it off completely,

I don't mind a little sound, just not volume 200! saying 'look at me, everyone, I is gangsta number one'

What can I say. Fifty cent just does that to me.

What can I say. Fifty cent just does that to me.

How many times has he been shot? Like 9 times? all in the head.

Of course, it make a blind bit of difference to him.

How many times has he been shot? Like 9 times? all in the head.

Of course, it make a blind bit of difference to him.

Couldn't tell ya. I don't like his stuff. :D

Couldn't tell ya. I don't like his stuff. :D

ssssshhhh you have to like it..

Otherwise people will think you're a...... I can't say it.....a :cry: racist.

cry...

ssssshhhh you have to like it..

Otherwise people will think you're a...... I can't say it.....a :cry: racist.

cry...

NNNNOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo............ :cry:

NNNNOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo............ :cry:

:lol:

you can see it coming, people are getting fed up and want some action. what that action will be :unsure2:

So true Chem, everyone including the blind man could see it coming, part from the Political elite and a fair few lentil eaters.

It is a shame there is no political party that is centre right. the BNP would have been a good party if it wasn't for the fact its roots are in the National Front. and to this day still has trouble shaking off that image.

UKIP party are the nearest thing we have to a centre right party who's views do not border on the extreme. Its a shame they don't have more clout on the political stage. IF i was a Billionaire I'd back UKIP financially. mainly for the simple reason we cant go on the way we are with two political parties whose policies you couldn't get a human hair between.

After saying all that.... at the end of the day their all a shower of ****e.

As I speak to quite a few foreign workers I was surprised to hear one say to me that British people are well within their rights to be upset , as if this was in their own country of birth there would be riots and beatings and that there is racism quote 'everywhere'!

This surprised me it really did , my opinion is that yes the skills gap should be filled to an extent and there are the awful ones who sponge everything for a wealthy lifestyle while a local man can't get accommodation , and those who have claimed asylum under no need to have done so or those who preach death to the country they are currently living in (that's the worst kind).

But ...........

Why can't people forget the protectionism? not one person in this country has blood lines to the point where it became a country , see Eddie Izzards Mongrel Nation that should put things in perspective for those who 'belong' Saxons etc , German , French , Scandanavia .... in fact everywhere! no one is truly British not even the Royal Family - they are German descended .....

So although I agree on some points maybe people should see history further back than just the war with 'Ze Germans' as borders are just that borders , people are so happy and willing to learn other cultures and visit foreign lands - yet if one shows up in their street they will fill with hatred?!

That's not progress in any sense.

ME

As I speak to quite a few foreign workers I was surprised to hear one say to me that British people are well within their rights to be upset , as if this was in their own country of birth there would be riots and beatings and that there is racism quote 'everywhere'!

This surprised me it really did , my opinion is that yes the skills gap should be filled to an extent and there are the awful ones who sponge everything for a wealthy lifestyle while a local man can't get accommodation , and those who have claimed asylum under no need to have done so or those who preach death to the country they are currently living in (that's the worst kind).

But ...........

Why can't people forget the protectionism? not one person in this country has blood lines to the point where it became a country , see Eddie Izzards Mongrel Nation that should put things in perspective for those who 'belong' Saxons etc , German , French , Scandanavia .... in fact everywhere! no one is truly British not even the Royal Family - they are German descended .....

So although I agree on some points maybe people should see history further back than just the war with 'Ze Germans' as borders are just that borders , people are so happy and willing to learn other cultures and visit foreign lands - yet if one shows up in their street they will fill with hatred?!

That's not progress in any sense.

ME

If you'd have read the article more closely, you'll have noticed that they did not mean that the general population is against every single immigrant, it is only against those who refuse to accept and adapt to the culture, and instead cling to the one they brought with them. Those that do this do absolutely nothing for the country, refuse to work, suck up benefits and on many an occasion participate in illegal activities. And they are the ones that need to be kicked out of the country.

Edited by Denisius

yeah, I've been around the world twice, is that a tune? Anyway, yup it's common knowledge.

For example Spain and Italy just don't pretend otherwise..

They will always give the job to a local, no matter how well qualified you are for the Job or how well you speak the language.

Although it sucks a bit, I still understand and admire them for doing so.

I was turned down from two Jobs from both respective countries, and my Italian and Spanish are excellent.

One was for a donkey handler and the other, a Mafia hit man.

yeah, I've been around the world twice, is that a tune? Anyway, yup it's common knowledge.

For example Spain and Italy just don't pretend otherwise..

They will always give the job to a local, no matter how well qualified you are for the Job or how well you speak the language.

Although it sucks a bit, I still understand and admire them for doing so.

I was turned down from two Jobs from both respective countries, and my Italian and Spanish are excellent.

One was for a donkey handler and the other, a Mafia hit man.

Yes I sometimes wonder when some new E.U. directive comes out, if we're the only ones who take any notice. When was the last time you saw a spanish builder wearing a hard hat?

Surveys like this make me wonder... who exactly are they asking?!

Because I can absolutely guarantee that of every British adult I know, not one of them would support kicking out migrant workers - how the hell do they get 50%?

If it ever gets to a point where I genuinely feel I'm unemployed because priority for jobs is being given to migrants then maybe I'd feel differently but I just don't see it. I've just come back from 2 months abroad and was terrified about being able to find work in a recession, but I've been offered three jobs already. Are times really that hard, or are people just leaping on any excuse they get to go all Daily Mail on our asses?

Yes I sometimes wonder when some new E.U. directive comes out, if we're the only ones who take any notice. When was the last time you saw a spanish builder wearing a hard hat?

Yeah, like does any other country in the EU listen to EU directives.

If it ever gets to a point where I genuinely feel I'm unemployed because priority for jobs is being given to migrants then maybe I'd feel differently but I just don't see it.

lucky you,

If it doesn't affect you, you don't care, if it does then you do care.

I really hope they go for your Job. :yes: And get it.

It seems pretty simple to me, charity begins at home. If you can't put your own people to work, why should you be taking care of some other nations unemployed?

Even if they can't find work in their country of origin, they would at least be with family and friends that could maybe help them.

Of course, as an American, I have a little bit of a bias towards immigrants taking local work when we have AMericans who want to find work and can't. It just seems wrong to me. MY ancesters built this country and now, others are reaping the benefits? Not really fair in some ways.

It seems pretty simple to me, charity begins at home. If you can't put your own people to work, why should you be taking care of some other nations unemployed?

Even if they can't find work in their country of origin, they would at least be with family and friends that could maybe help them.

Of course, as an American, I have a little bit of a bias towards immigrants taking local work when we have AMericans who want to find work and can't. It just seems wrong to me. MY ancesters built this country and now, others are reaping the benefits? Not really fair in some ways.

Your ancesters came also as immigrants to America. Yes they build it but so are the new immigrants. Is it double standard?

Anyway, it is another story in England where the EU laws screwd up many wealthy countries. But so did domestic polititcians.

I was told by a good English friend that ( I can not wauch for that ) the main problem was and is the UB40 in England where you actualy have more money sitting at home then working.

People in England abused this social network and companies hired foreign workers to do the job. ( By the way this good friend of mine is a temporary worker here in my company. He is not an immigrant nor a canadian citizen. Should we kick him out? )

Now that the economy is so bad and many of them have lost their jobs to and relie on UB40 - as Englands social system gives them this right - they ought to be returned to they countries? Sorry guys, it is not the immigrant workers fault.

Direct your complaints to your government.

There should be tougher laws for social assistence, foreign workers and crimminal newcomers. This is the only way to preserve the English culture.