Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Polish deli owner accused of refusing

chemical-licker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11...-customers.html

The Polish deli owner accused of refusing to serve English customers

A Polish delicatessen is refusing to serve English customers, it was claimed yesterday.

The store is said to have turned away a college student and a reporter sent to investigate the story.

Police and council officials have launched an investigation into the alleged racism.

The student, Kaley Leighton, stopped at the store on her way home from sixth-form college in Goole, East Yorkshire.

Well at least he weren't being racist.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helen of Annoy

• The Silver Thong

• hetrodoxly

• chaoszerg

Anyone who is a racist moron be him polish or British should have their business closed down and be prevented from opening up another business until they can learn to serve everyone without prejudice.

Anyone who is a racist moron be him polish or British should have their business closed down and be prevented from opening up another business until they can learn to serve everyone without prejudice.

in a capitalist world, doesn't work :no:

Well all ya need is a couple hippie college students to park there butts in front of the place and protest and herass anyone going into the shop. See how long his business lasts or how much money he will loss even after a couple days of this simple protest LOL oh wait the protesters better be polish too or someone might scream racisim :w00t:

If you own a business you HAVE the right to serve who ever you wish even if people don't like it. It's his business and he can run it how he wants and serve who he wants.

Besides in the English don't like the guy why even bother it's not even a big deal... So the guy should have his income and lively hood taken away just because he refused to serve customers?... It's not like he poisoned bagels or anything.

I agree though this guy is slime... At the same time who cares how he runs his business, doesn't affect you any.

Poland is probably the most racist country in Europe.

:w00t::rofl:

Sure, there are millions of people of various races who suffer in... Poland? And only you know about them?

Really.

Poland is probably the most racist country in Europe.

Do not forget Spain Italy, France, Germany and the other 26 members, bloody racist the lot of them. :ph34r: and i ain't messing.

Maybe England shouldn't have burned so many bridges a thousand years ago.

Maybe England shouldn't have burned so many bridges a thousand years ago.

you've lost me.

you've lost me.

Really? racisim in Europe wouldn't be because of thr British empire being jerks all over the whole world? not even partially? not even a little? Or are Vikings the ONLY pillagers.

I read read the owner turned away two girls, due to the langauge they were using.

Which is fine.

This girl in the article is just all whiney because she didn't get her princess way.

I bet she's a chav.

So, a Polish guy that owns a Polish Deli, in England, won't serve the English? What?

Really? racisim in Europe wouldn't be because of thr British empire being jerks all over the whole world? not even partially? not even a little? Or are Vikings the ONLY pillagers.

So because we were b******* a few hundred years ago, we're not allowed to be served in our own shops by people who don't come from our own country. That's just stupid.

Let's see how you feel when a Vietnamese shop keeper refuses to serve you because you're an American.

Edited by Splodgenessabounds

So because we were b******* a few hundred years ago, we're not allowed to be served in our own shops by people who don't come from our own country. That's just stupid.

Let's see how you feel when a Vietnamese shop keeper refuses to serve you because you're American.

Oh WHATever. The Vietnamese love us long time.

What kind of argument is that? When did UK invaded Poland? In which parallel universe that happened?

So as much as I would like to blame someone else, I’m sure racism is something Eastern Europeans are born with.

But this event doesn’t sound like racism, it sounds just like Grey Weather said.

What kind of argument is that? When did UK invaded Poland? In which parallel universe that happened?

So as much as I would like to blame someone else, I’m sure racism is something Eastern Europeans are born with.

But this event doesn’t sound like racism, it sounds just like Grey Weather said.

I don't know. Maybe the guy isn't all Polish. I'm just putting it out there. Back in the day the Brits were a lot like we are today, except when they pwned you they then owned you. And people don't like that. I work with a lot of Polish people though, and once you p*** them off, they stay p***ed, and they remember. There are some carriers that I accidently call because they are on a load board, and over something that happened at another company I worked at like 3 years ago, they wont talk to me...they know my voice.

Oh dear me. Nurse Nurse, she's out of her bed again.

I really cant see why your blaming the British Empire, look up pax Britannica.

Edited by stevewinn

I'm still stuck on a Polish guy running a Deli in ENGLAND not serving English people. It would be like a Chinese restaurant in the US not serving Americans.

Hello!!? McFly!!

Did I misinterpret that? Or am I right?

I'm still stuck on a Polish guy running a Deli in ENGLAND not serving English people. It would be like a Chinese restaurant in the US not serving Americans.

Hello!!? McFly!!

Did I misinterpret that? Or am I right?

No you got it right its a polish guy in England not serving English customers. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to open up a business in France and not serve French people.

Deceptikon is right, it's his business and if he wants to lose money by limiting his service, it's his prerogative. Personally, I couldn't care less, even if this guys shop was in America and in my neighborhood.

If his shop was the only one for miles, then I might have a problem with it though. :lol:

No you got it right its a polish guy in England not serving English customers. Now if you will excuse me I'm going to open up a business in France and not serve French people.

:lol:

OK, just checking.

That would indicate to me, that this Polish dude probably just kicked out some rude "Chav's" as you folks across the pond call them. More affectionately know in the US as a$$-hats.

Edited by eqgumby

I read read the owner turned away two girls, due to the langauge they were using.

Which is fine.

This girl in the article is just all whiney because she didn't get her princess way.

I bet she's a chav.

For some reason the article won't open for me but if this is the case as GreyWeather mentions. Then we are all getting a little bent out of shape over this. The guy could be a really nice guy and these girls are messing with his business and reputation. Thats if this is the case though.

You've lost me as well, could you be more specific.

More affectionately know in the US as a$$-hats.

I've always been preferential to "douche-nozzles", or "douchebags" if you're old school. :lol: