Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bombs away in Israel & Gaza.. Again...

Professor T

Israel on Wednesday launched one of the most ferocious assaults on Gaza since its invasion four years ago, hitting at least 20 targets in aerial attacks that killed the top military commander of Hamas, drew strong condemnation from Egypt and escalated the risks of a new war in the Middle East.

20111115-GAZA-slide-LASY-articleLarge-v2.jpg

http://www.nytimes.c...hamas.html?_r=0

So, how and when will this madness end?

Oh, and edited to add, this operation is in response to rocket attacks that didn't kill or injure anyone..

Edited by Professor T

Oh, and edited to add, this operation is in response to rocket attacks that didn't kill or injure anyone..

so? it was probably a mere fluke that no one was seriously injured or killed.

you launch rockets at isreal, they are going to hit you back 3 fold if not more. simple logic. :yes: they shouldnt have shot at isreal first.

• Like 6

I don't see how the amount of injuries or deaths is really relevant in this case...

If someone pulls a gun on me, shoots at me but misses, are you really going to fault me for pulling out a gun, shooting him and killing or injuring him?

• Like 8

so? it was probably a mere fluke that no one was seriously injured or killed.

you launch rockets at isreal, they are going to hit you back 3 fold if not more. simple logic. :yes: they shouldnt have shot at isreal first.

I don't see how the amount of injuries or deaths is really relevant in this case...

If someone pulls a gun on me, shoots at me but misses, are you really going to fault me for pulling out a gun, shooting him and killing or injuring him?

Quite right..

I quess that edited comment showed my frustration with this ongoing conflict..

• Like 2

So, how and when will this madness end?

I agree, Israel once again is exercising collective punishment upon the Palestinians in the Gaza Strip.

• Like 2

• This is the start of Armageddon .

That is possible..

The political landscape in the ME & North Africa is not like it was the last time they invaded Gaza..

• Like 1

The Egyptians are upset with Israel because they brokered a truce on Tuesday that was broken the next day with the airstrike. Syria is unstable and stray shells are going into Isreal. And of course, who can forget Iran, which is anticipating an Israeli attack for their nuclear program. At least Jordan and Lebanon aren't shooting at them yet.

Bibi is campainig for elections. Nothing new.

Agreed!

Except today what is new is that Egypt has a Muslim Brotherhood leadership that may not stand by as idly as Mubarak did and watch the Israelis relentlessly whack the Palestinians for their 'insolence'. Plus with Syria being in its death throes, as its comes apart in 'civil war', Assad may have nothing to loss and perhaps everything to gain if he decides to take a stand with the Palestinians against Israel.

• Like 1

Agreed!

Except today what is new is that Egypt has a Muslim Brotherhood leadership that may not stand by as idly as Mubarak did and watch the Israelis relentlessly whack the Palestinians for their 'insolence'. Plus with Syria being in its death throes, as its comes apart in 'civil war', Assad may have nothing to loss and perhaps everything to gain if he decides to take a stand with the Palestinians against Israel.

You might be on to something. Very likely scenario.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been reported to be hidden in an underground bunker as Palestinians intensify their retaliatory rocket attacks against Tel Aviv. Also, Israel Army officials claim Israel's Iron Dome missile system has intercepted only about one-third of rockets fired from the Gaza strip since Wednesday.

Hmmmmm, some of these rockets are Iranian fired from Gaza...

kaffash20121115101402143.jpg

The Muslim Brotherhood do not have full control over the Military in Egypt.Assad would be smashed if took a stand against Isreal.Unfortunately it's business as usual for Isreal and nothing is going to change..The isrealis hold all the cards and they know it.

The Prime Minister Sheikh Hamad bin Jassem Al Thani of Qatar, says the latest wave of deadly Israeli airstrikes on the Gaza Strip “must not pass unpunished.”

"This vicious attack must not pass unpunished," Qatar’s state-run QNA news agency quoted him as saying & "The UN Security Council must take up its responsibility to secure peace and security in the world," the Qatari official also pointed out.

Personally, I believe the UN doesn't have the dangly bit's required to do anything.. The UN is impotent..

• Like 1

Everyone is so enthusiastic at predecting the Apocalypse these days, aren't they. I suppose it's because of the Media.

Everyone is so enthusiastic at predecting the Apocalypse these days, aren't they. I suppose it's because of the Media.

That and 30,000 Israeli troops are probably going to invade Gaza and create open war.

Then everyone's allies will be sucked in.

The end of days camp get plenty of mileage out of the ongoing conflict in Palestine.

• Like 1

Central Gaza City has been reportedly hit in a series of Israeli airstrikes as Palestinian resistance fighters hit back by firing rockets deep into Israel. The report comes as another Palestinian rocket hit the Israeli city of Be'er Sheva in the Negev desert.

Also, Israeli media announced that Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv has been shut down as a result of rocket attacks from Gaza.

It will be the same like in 2006

The Middle east is not like it was in 2006.

Israel can no-longer count on north Africa turning a blind eye..

When they started

When they started

The last big offensive against Gaza was 2008 which resulted in 1,417 deaths 926 civilians killed. Israel’s death toll was 9.

• Like 1

There is no threat from North Africa,the Egyptian Military pocket plenty of Cash that the US pumps into Egypt every year.The only thing Isreal cannot rely on now is US support.

There is no threat from North Africa,the Egyptian Military pocket plenty of Cash that the US pumps into Egypt every year.The only thing Isreal cannot rely on now is US support.

The unwavering support by the US and the UK is astounding, considering Israel has yet to comply with to any of the resolutions passed (see list) by the United Nations in relation to the Middle East conflict..

The list is amazingly long..

Yeah I don't see Egypt getting that involved in this. Too much to lose if they got directly involved. Those who are hoping for WW3 are going to be disappointed again.