Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Century-old whisky found in Antarctic

behaviour???

This Scotch has been on the rocks for a century.

Five crates of Scotch whisky and two of brandy have been recovered by a team restoring an Antarctic hut used more than 100 years ago by famed polar explorer Ernest Shackleton.

Ice cracked some of the bottles that had been left there in 1909, but the restorers said Friday they are confident the five crates contain intact bottles “given liquid can be heard when the crates are moved.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Thanks

B???

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enigma wrapped in a puzzle

• Still Waters

• sepulchrave

• The_Griffin

I bet it's tasty but I'll never get the chance to take a swig <_<

Looks like Behavior is turning into the new still waters...

Looks like Behavior is turning into the new still waters...

Behavior does post a lot of news, but as a personal fan of whiskey (who might just be enjoying a wee drop of 10-yr Talisker as I make this post), this news is pertinent and important.

Almost as pertinent and important as the whiskey itself.

I hear whiskey keeps warm.

Great find though. Bet these bottles will be sold off for quite a bundle of moolah.

I hear whiskey keeps warm.

Great find though. Bet these bottles will be sold off for quite a bundle of moolah.

You're darn right.. and I won't be able to get a swig :(:(:( :((

WOW! I would love to have a glass of that with a freshly rolled Cuban Cigar... I would imagine prices on those would be ridiculously expensive but I can't blame them (it would definitely pay off graduate tuition if one can find the "right buyer")

I thought you were going to say they found it in Winnipeg! Apparently my Baba used to make whiskey that was quite sought after. One day the RCMP came by to tell her she was going to be raided the next day. She spent the rest of the afternoon buring bottles all over the farm. :lol:

Anyway, cool story!

ooooooooh ... nice! I wish I could make a find like that

Good thing it was not rum, or it would have been nabbed by silvercougar before you can say WTF!!

that's cool!!!!!!......i know if was in Antartica in 1909...........i would have taken a case to keep warm and the blood flowing...........blush.gif

Edited by cluey

I'd laugh if they'd syphoned the whisky out and filled it with something nasty :lol:

Personally, I prefer Whiskey to Whisky, but I still wouldn't mind getting my hands on a 100 year old bottle :)

• 3 weeks later...

I read somewhere that whiskey doesn't actually keep you warm, it just makes your body feel like it is. It's actually quite dangerous. :blush: