Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Best evidence for ET visitation - 3rd edition

Hazzard

UFOs, Alien abductions, Area 51, Cattle mutilations, Crop circles, Alien structures and artifacts on the moon and Mars...

What evidence is there, and most importantly, how good is the evidence, that intelligent extraterrestrials are out there, have found Earth, and are now here doing all the things we hear about?

As believers begin to build the case about UFOs and a possible ET connection, the foundation of this is built on hear say, speculations, theories, guess work, assumptions, beliefs and emotions.

Me, personally, I do not deal in any of that (not when it comes to this) I deal in knowledge. There is a vast difference between the two. You may believe all you want, but knowledge requires a higher standard than that which propels belief.

There is no reason to get upset about it. What needs to be understood is the burden of proof that science and its method requires.

We have eyewitness testimony from people that saw something strange that they could not identify flying around, something we call a UFO, where the U stands for Unidentified,... there is nothing else attached to it.

We have lots of cool stories, weird radar returns, video clips and pictures, but that is all we have so far... We have nothing here but peoples opinions and and their belief... an idea about what these observations might represent.

To me thats not even close to enough. I need better evidence!!

Show me a peer review scientific journal that claims for a fact that ET space ships are here, and you will have my full attention. The scientific journals I have seen are only about UFOs.

I think that Steven Schafersman said it best...

I might say, however, that as an investigator of pseudo scientific topics for over twenty years my experience has taught me that the first things to suspect and look for are fraud, forgery, deception, misrepresentation, sophistry, and specious reasoning, and if these are not in evidence, I then look for illogical reasoning, self-deception, misreading, inadvertently fudged data, and willful misunderstanding.

If these are not in evidence, I then look for ignorance, innocent mistakes, misinterpretations, equipment errors, out-of-date references, overlooked results or causes, etc.

Unfortunately, ALL of these items MUST be examined FIRST when investigating any pseudo scientific topic, BEFORE one begins looking for presumed new or unusual natural phenomena. --Steven Schafersman.

Can anyone honestly say he examined and eliminated all the above items before he convinced himself that some of these UFOs are Alien star ships?

ding ding...round three

Sorry for not having anything to contribute to this thread but I am very curious why the new thread of exact same subject matter?

Show me a peer review scientific journal that claims for a fact that ET space ships are here, and you will have my full attention. The scientific journals I have seen are only about UFOs.

If the whole subject of ET visitation is highly classified...as it is said to be...then you might be waiting

a long time for that !!!

• Like 1

I am very curious why the new thread of exact same subject matter?

Like the first BE thread, it became a monster that could not be controlled. :lol:

If the whole subject of ET visitation is highly classified...as it is said to be...then you might be waiting

a long time for that !!!

But, but, but... What about this Full Disclosure I keep hearing about?? :cry:

We're continuing the "best evidence" thread here because the previous one had become too large and unmanageable, the old one can still be viewed on the forums however we'll be continuing the discussion on the best evidence for alien visitiation in this new thread instead.

There's plenty of "evidence." Ever seen the UFO/ET sections in a bookstore?

:alien:

But, but, but... What about this Full Disclosure I keep hearing about?? :cry:

For full and official disclosure, the legalities of de-classifying material would have to be addressed

and sorted out. Which in itself would be a legal nightmare, I should think...maybe even requiring new laws to be made

....which would take a long time to happen?? (or even never happen)

That's why we have the drip drip drip of disclosure coming from whistleblowers who are circumventing the

security briefs they had to sign up to...?

And why there are some near to death 'confessions' or disclosure...which then comes out to the public, via other people.

:geek:

edit to say...welcome to the forum nessuna...

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

There's plenty of "evidence." Ever seen the UFO/ET sections in a bookstore?

:alien:

Welcome to UM nessuna.

The issue there is that skeptics will not be swayed by that kind of evidence because it is not proof.

It's a dilemma for some. Me, personally, I don't mind that there are people who don't believe ET visits Earth. I think it's good that they are skeptical.

Here's a thing I wrote for newcomers :)

Edited by Paxus

For full and official disclosure, the legalities of de-classifying material would have to be addressed

and sorted out. Which in itself would be a legal nightmare, I should think...maybe even requiring new laws to be made

....which would take a long time to happen?? (or even never happen)

That's why we have the drip drip drip of disclosure coming from whistleblowers who are circumventing the

security briefs they had to sign up to...?

And why there are some near to death 'confessions' or disclosure...which then comes out to the public, via other people.

:geek:

edit to say...welcome to the forum nessuna...

Thanks!

I basically jumped on the first thing I saw. I have a lot of opinions and don't mind expressing them. :lol:

Thanks!

I basically jumped on the first thing I saw. I have a lot of opinions and don't mind expressing them. :lol:

you're in the right place then.... :D:tu:

I think you will enjoy the UM forum

Welcome to UM nessuna.

The issue there is that skeptics will not be swayed by that kind of evidence because it is not proof.

It's a dilemma for some. Me, personally, I don't mind that there are people who don't believe ET visits Earth. I think it's good that they are skeptical.

Thank you.

I'm pretty skeptical about ET visitations, but not so much about UFO's. So I guess that puts me somewhere in between.

I'm pretty skeptical about ET visitations, but not so much about UFO's. So I guess that puts me somewhere in between.

Actually, no it doesnt.

A UFO (we all know they exist) where the U stands for Unidentified, is just that... there is nothing else attached to it.

Read Paxus link... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=2284&showentry=23141

Edited by Hazzard

I thought that this statement made by Jacques Vallee at the recent Competitiveness Forum Conference was dynamite !!!!

see Karl's thread here... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201881

(at 7:30)

"......we have started to look at residue from these cases...there are a number

of cases where we have metalic residue that has been analysed and we are beginning

to understand why it would make sense for an advanced technology to use these

particular metals in that particular combination"

Confirmation that there is residue/debris from UFO cases..?

Now I wonder what cases these are?

One in particular, maybe....lol.... ;)

:cat:

I thought that this statement made by Jacques Vallee at the recent Competitiveness Forum Conference was dynamite !!!!

see Karl's thread here... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=201881

of cases where we have metalic residue that has been analysed and we are beginning

I saw that, and comming from Jacques Vallee makes it very interesting.

I cant wait to hear more about it. :)

Talking about Skyeagles thoughts on the "Roswell guy" Philip Corso earlier, and how he was debunked by no other than Stanton Roswell Friedman. ^_^

Here is more (from psyches post) about this Lt. Col.

Philip J. Corso’s Roswell Book Is Riddled With Factual Errors As Well As Ridiculous Claim That Army Couldn't Figure Out How To Exploit (Alleged) ET Technology For 14 Years Until Corso Was Given The Task.

http://www.csicop.org/specialarticles/show/klass_files_volume_49/

One in particular, maybe....lol.... ;)

:cat:

hey Bee, yes it is very very interesting. I also found the comments he made at around 3.00 about physics and science as we know it today very interesting.....(ever heard of Bushman) ;)

I saw that, and comming from Jacques Vallee makes it very interesting.

I cant wait to hear more about it. :)

:tu:

hey Bee, yes it is very very interesting. I also found the comments he made at around 3.00 about physics and science as we know it today very interesting.....(ever heard of Bushman) ;)

:lol::whistle: ....lol...I'll save him for another time....

but yes..there was a lot in this piece from Vallee. It was very compact and he got a lot into it.

in fact that Competitiveness Forum Conference was like a mini-disclosure event (I wouldn't be surprised if

Bill Clinton and Tony Blair had a lot to do with it all.... :unsure2: )

I am a dyed in the wool skeptic of the first order when it comes to things paranormal. When I hear people say they "saw something", I generally smile politely and think to myself, what a doof. I am usually even more convinced that state after they describe what they saw. Most always it is something that is totally mundane, but misidentified.

That doesn't mean I don't believe. About 20 years ago I saw a craft hovering near my home in Maine. It appeared to be less than 100 feet off the ground, and size-wise, perhaps 100ft across. There were four very bright banks of lights underneath, like stadium lights, that prevented me from seeing any detail of structure. And by bright, I mean they lit up a huge swath of field, trees and a house or two. I saw this craft twice in the same place; the sightings being 3-4 months apart.

I know what I saw, but can I say for certain it was extraterrestrial? No. So until all of the evidence allegedly collected over the years is released or until ET visits the Mall of America, covered by FOX news, I will be left to wonder. And that's OK with me. Because I like living in a world where wonder still exists.

:lol::whistle: ....lol...I'll save him for another time....

but yes..there was a lot in this piece from Vallee. It was very compact and he got a lot into it.

in fact that Competitiveness Forum Conference was like a mini-disclosure event (I wouldn't be surprised if

Bill Clinton and Tony Blair had a lot to do with it all.... :unsure2: )

you are probably right...too early in the thread to wind people up :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though, step one is the subject to be taken seriously by the brightest minds....then hopefully some progress will be made.

In all seriousness though, step one is the subject to be taken seriously by the brightest minds....then hopefully some progress will be made.

That has always been the problem.

As long as all these liers, hoaxers, charlatans and credulous believers are spewing their nonsense, UFOlogy might have to live with the problem of not being taken seriously by the scientific community.

I think you are right....the brightest minds in the Military and Navy (and associates) have had it under-wraps for ages

but now the Private Sector wants in on the action.

what comes from that...remains to be seen...

with all the upheaval in the MIddle East and the possible knock on effect of oil supplies,

perhaps the private sector are going to go full steam ahead with producing more exotic-energy types

of transport?

That has always been the problem.

As long as all these liers, hoaxers, charlatans and credulous believers are spewing their nonsense, UFOlogy might have to live with the problem of not being taken seriously by the scientific community.

Should the scientific community not be able to see past the above bunch you mentioned? although yes the hoaxers and charlatans I assure you annoy 'believers' also if not more so than they do the skeptics. I feel this is because they muddy the water and in addition the skeptical believers (thats what i label myself...go figure) get very frustrated in the association made between the loons and believers!

I think you are right....the brightest minds in the Military and Navy (and associates) have had it under-wraps for ages

but now the Private Sector wants in on the action.

what comes from that...remains to be seen...

with all the upheaval in the MIddle East and the possible knock on effect of oil supplies,

perhaps the private sector are going to go full steam ahead with producing more exotic-energy types

of transport?

True, I also wonder how much the fear of ridicule is preventing progress.