Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Demighoul

I recently moved into a 100 year old barn that was converted into a house in the 50's. I have been here for about 3 months and I wake at 3:33a.m. Every morning and I have been experiencing strange sounds and hallucinations or visions of strange lights and ghosts. I thought perhaps it was all in my mind and that I was overly stressed or imagining what has been happening until yesterday when a neighbor asked me if I have been experiencing anything strange in the barn house? He described exactly what has been happening to me from his own experience from when he formerly lived in this house for five years. He said the last experience he encountered scared him so much he moved out because it got physical with him and pinned him to his bed. Anyway, he said a lady hung herself here. I don't know how to investigate this or make peace before I get hurt like he did. Please any advise would be great. Thanks.

1st off get a Carbon Monoxide detector/alarm as old buildings with old heating systems etc can leak carbon monoxide into the house and cause hallucinations and the feeling of been haunted.

• Like 1

As ridiculous as the OP might think it is, I'd agree environmental conditions are the first thing to be ocncerned about, primarily because it could be deadly to ignore it, if there is an actual physical contaminent. Secondly, I had a friend who worked in barns for a good portion of his life, but one day a few years back, came down with something that had him spitting up black phlegm and all kids of things and put him in the hospital for literally months. It was an infection from some strange mold culture that was on some of the hay that had gotten back behind some of the fixtures against the wall (though he didn't have any hallucinations I know of).

Secondly, barring carbon monoxide, radon, mold or potentially electromagnetic or microwave fields (from nearby power lines or towers) or some other physical issue, if you put any stock in the ghost idea, then I'd urge you to actually see what you can find out about this supposed hanging. If it happened, there is almost no chance it's not documented. Talk to the local newspaper (or closest one if none are local) or police/sheriff and see if they can help you find out if it's true. It's your right as a citizen, and moreover as a homeowner to be able to research as much history as exists, for your home, for safety concerns if nothing else (again, you might ask about environmental possibilities).

I'd say the other immediate "spirit" ideas might be to try to get any physical evidence, like spreading flour or probably carpet powder (since you can leave it) around the areas where you think there is activity, and other things like strings or some other simple ways to indicate if there is any remotely physical reality to whatever it is you're experiencing (obviously don't trip yourself with ankle level stuff). Inviting a few trusted people like family or friends over to spend the night and see if they have any experiences is a fairly cost-free, low-prep method also. Video footage or even audio recording would obviously be a good step but that's much more costly.

How long after you moved in did you really start experiencing anything? There are a lot of notes on sleep disturbances, and unsurprisingly, people under a lot of stress or that have been through recent trauma or losses of loved ones or *that move into a new living situation* often have issues with sleep, from bad dreams to sleepwalking to sleep paralysis/hypnogogia.

• Like 8

Another suggestion would be a camera set to a motion detector.

some basic surveillance could help just to give a clearer image of whatever it is you're dealing with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Welcome to U.M. I am a survivor of a Haunted House, so i know what your saying is possible. I am a christian and thought i was safe from these attacks.....lol. To my supprise our House turned into

a Haunted House about 1 yrs after we moved into it, there we little things at first, doors left open, windows opened when we know we didnt open them, sounds in the night, writtings on the mirrors and walls

plus a whole lots more i wont list because of time,But there is Hope we were able to clean the house out, i dont beleive in Ghosts at all.....i beleive in Devils and Angels though.....i beleive that devils can appear

as ghosts if they choose too, it took us a little more than a year to clean our house out, we found accult items and burned them that were in the House, and annointed the Doors and windows with oil and prayed

that the evil spirits would be forced to leave....we prayed that in the Name of JESUS CHRIST. and after a while when we found all of the accult things in the house and got rid of them we were free from the evil spirits and the terror they brought on us....if you have questions for me you can write me back....Thanks Randy.

Don't let this neighbour frighten you with stories about nasty ghosts in the barn house. It's made you feel worse now and you're pinning that with the sense you feel a bit strange. Waking at 3 in the morning is quite a recurrent thing among people atm.

first : http://www.bing.com/search?q=wake+p+at+333+am&pc=MOZI&form=MOZSBR

Second :

Tonight, and every night, keep your phone next to you ( or anything with a video camera or camera ). Next, set your alarm for 3:25. Now, that gives you 8 minutes to wake up, and have your camera ready.

Report back the videos and pictures in a few days. Maybe get 3 or 4 days worth to ensure you capture enough evidence.