Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

obama no longer blames bush

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 21 May 2013 - 03:16 AM, said:

or like when the democrats wanted Bush to put on his cape and save New Orleans from Katrina..

I guess that depends on who you believe. Blanco continued out her term. Brown (Bush administration) resigned in disgrace.

In a September 26, 2005 hearing, former FEMA chief Michael Brown testified before a U.S. House subcommittee about FEMA's response. During that hearing, Representative Stephen Buyer (R-IN) inquired as to why President Bush's declaration of state of emergency of August 27 had not included the coastal parishes of Orleans, Jefferson, and Plaquemines.[19] (In fact, the declaration did not include any of Louisiana's coastal parishes, whereas the coastal counties were included in the declarations for Mississippi[20] and Alabama.[21]) Brown testified that this was because Louisiana Governor Blanco had not included those parishes in her initial request for aid, a decision that he found "shocking." After the hearing, Blanco released a copy of her letter, which showed she had requested assistance for "all the southeastern parishes including the City of New Orleans" as well specifically naming 14 parishes including Jefferson, Orleans and Plaquemines
https://en.wikipedia...rricane_Katrina

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#17    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:33 PM

View PostMstrMsn, on 21 May 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

What did we want him to do about it? How about his job, rather than worrying about getting to a campaign event on time?

What "millions in government service had it covered"?

He was doing his job. The State Department. The military is not a 911 service. They are not "on call" for embassy's being attacked. No armed predators were in the area. No aircraft could respond in time. No additional forces could have made any difference in time. Your Republican congress critters could have beefed up embassy security instead of cutting it.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#18    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,516 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

View Postninjadude, on 21 May 2013 - 01:51 AM, said:

complete and utter hogwash

It was him or hillary, you choose.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#19    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,516 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

View Postninjadude, on 22 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

He was doing his job. The State Department. The military is not a 911 service. They are not "on call" for embassy's being attacked. No armed predators were in the area. No aircraft could respond in time. No additional forces could have made any difference in time. Your Republican congress critters could have beefed up embassy security instead of cutting it.

Is that why troops on a plane ready to deploy, were ordered off the plane to change their cloths.  Besides the three ex military whoi were also killed almost made a difference.   Besides, we don't know if those troops would or would not have made a difference since they were not deployed.  But, keep repeating obama.

There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#20    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,516 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:04 PM

Double post.

Edited by danielost, 22 May 2013 - 11:11 PM.

#21    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

View Postdanielost, on 22 May 2013 - 11:02 PM, said:

Is that why troops on a plane

just keep repeating debunked lies. There were no troops ready anywhere that could have made any difference. Period.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#22    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

View Postninjadude, on 22 May 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

View Postninjadude, on 23 May 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

just keep repeating debunked lies. There were no troops ready anywhere that could have made any difference. Period.
"Just keep repeating debunked lies?"

You ought to know:

(Oct. 12, 2012)

In testimony Wednesday before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, Charlene Lamb, a deputy assistant secretary of state for diplomatic security, was asked, “Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which led you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

Lamb responded, “No, sir.”

Recall that Lamb is the person who denied requests from the top diplomatic security officer in Libya to retain a 16-man team of military personnel who had been protecting diplomats.
Source (among thousands): Link

Also:

There has been some back and forth between Republicans and Democrats over funding for security in Libya in the wake of Ambassador Chris Stevens’s death. Republicans have questioned whether the State Department had adequate security to protect the ambassador, and Democrats have countered that Republicans tried to cut funding for embassy security. What does the budget record show?
According to the fiscal year (FY) 2013 Congressional Budget Justification Department of State Operations (p. 11), overall funding for those programs has increased sharply over the past decade. Indeed, Worldwide Security Protection is more than double what it was a decade ago. Despite reductions from budget peaks in FY 2009 and FY 2010, both budget lines are higher than in FY 2008. (continues below chart)

Posted Image
Comparing FY 2011 actual funding versus the FY 2012 estimate, there appears to be a reduction in Worldwide Security Protection and Embassy Security, Construction and Maintenance. But that reduction does not account for additional funding in FY 2012 from Overseas Contingency Operations funds amounting to $236 million for Worldwide Security Protection (p. 63) and $33 million for Embassy Security, Construction and Maintenance (p. 467). As a result, total funds for Worldwide Security Protection for FY 2012 are estimated to be $94 million higher than in FY 2011, while Embassy Security, Construction and Maintenance is estimated to be $61 million less than FY 2011. Together, there is a net increase.
Source: Heritage

So, just keep on repeating your own debunked lie.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#23    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postninjadude, on 22 May 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

I guess that depends on who you believe. Blanco continued out her term. Brown (Bush administration) resigned in disgrace.

https://en.wikipedia...rricane_Katrina

That just shows that Brown has a sense of responsibility and Blanco doesn't. One failed and resigned. The other failed and continued to fail, at public expense. Not suprising you think continued failure is better. After all you are still an Obama supporter, even though he may go down as the biggest failure ever to hold the office of President.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#24    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

View Postninjadude, on 22 May 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

You can wish for this but the military says they are not a 911 service. I didn't make it up. You can have your Republican congressmen vote to allocate more funds for embassy security rather than cutting them.

So, the US Marines, who are US EMBASSY GUARDS (among many other things), are not meant to go help support an embassy that is under attack? Really?

If you aren't making that up, show me the law (or policy or what have you).

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#25    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,516 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

View Postninjadude, on 19 May 2013 - 08:53 PM, said:

that will NEVER change because Bush did cause a great number of "troubles".

what did you want him to do about it? There are millions in government service that had it covered. The military is not a 911 service as much as you want them to be.

or like when Republicans wanted Obama to put on his superman cape and stop the gulf oil spill. Get real.

Reagon used it as a 911 service when students were kidnapped in granada.  As shown in heart break hill.

#26    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,989 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:25 AM

View Postdanielost, on 09 July 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

Reagon used it as a 911 service when students were kidnapped in granada.  As shown in heart break hill.

Heartbreak ridge was NOT a documentary.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#27    MstrMsn

MstrMsn

Psychic Spy

• 1,023 posts

• "If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question!"

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

View Postninjadude, on 10 July 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Should have been. It really wasn't much of a war movie.

We are born with 2 fears: Falling, and loud noises, all others are LEARNED.
You say fear is all in the mind. I say you are right; for it is our imagination that makes things seem scary.
If you want to learn how to not be afraid, ask.

#28    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,516 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

View Postninjadude, on 10 July 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

I didn't say it was.  It is a movie staring clint eastwood.  The scene in which they make the phone call really di happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users