Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What Americans love about the ACA

supervike

Interesting OP ED from an unlikely source:

http://www.foxnews.c...y-theyre-gonna/:

Well, there is one thing that you can't deny Fox, and that is that they actually know what is really happening in the country.... even if they mostly just say it if it benefits the Republicans.

• Like 1

They may have all gone to the site, but less than 1% of any state but one I thinkhave signed on.

It's like 0.5% who actually signed up.

Doubt it will go up for some odd reason

• Like 1

They may have all gone to the site, but less than 1% of any state but one I thinkhave signed on.

It's like 0.5% who actually signed up.

Doubt it will go up for some odd reason

Just wait til they read the fine print....

• Like 1

Just wait til they read the fine print....

Theyre going to have to make the entire country a debtors prison.

Rhode Island will be the designated area where the only Obamacare participants will live

:w00t:

• Like 2

Rhode Island will be the designated area where the only Obamacare participants will live

:w00t:

LOL :)

Let's put 'em on the Jersey side of the US....

• Like 1

Interesting OP ED from an unlikely source:

http://www.foxnews.c...y-theyre-gonna/:

Lies and more lies. Is the writer going to pay for the insurance I have to buy... I cant afford it and yes thats with the credits. Credits dont make it free, Sorry I cant claim child support on taxes so just because I make this amount of money doesn't mean after i spend it on living I have all this money just sitting around based on Govt estimates. And yes premiums have been increasing. And no McDonalds isnt going to buy them insurance and no there workers wont pay if McDonalds offers it since they would still be covered on Medicaid which is expanding, why would they pay out of pocket even how small if they get it free...?.?.?

A lot of healthy people dont go to hospitals but use conventional medicine and if they have to go to the doctor they use local clinics or doctors offices that actually provide affordable health care by not accepting Medicare and medicaid and whose customers dont use insurance and they have to pay the same day as the visit. They can focus on health care instead of billing and paperwork. Health insurance != Health Care.

If the ponzee scheme Social Security is falling apart because of lower birth rates vs the baby boomers how is mandating a health insurance scheme going to work. None of the articles for ACA mention the fact that for this to work there has to be more younger healthy people paying into it and not using it vs all those sick people with no insurance to get health care.

Why do none of these articles compare it to Social Security when its setup much the same way. More people have to pay into the pot than the number of people who take from it. And since this is ran by private institutes those corporations have to take out of the pot aswell.

Also wanted to add that unlike SS which has a steady tax rate. The prices today wont be the prices of tomorrow on the exchange and ive never known big corporations to lower there prices out of the kindness of there hearts.

• Like 1

ACA allows young Americans to stay on their parents’ insurance plans

This is all well and good, though in many states something like this was already attainable as long as the young adult was still enrolled in college/school.

ACA bans insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions

Yes, this is part of the ACA and will not be implemented until 2014... However… the Gov. tried to institute the “Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan” which was supposed to cover the same actions as the provision in the ACA until 2014. However, in Feb. 2013 this program was found to not be cost effective as it ran out of funds and was shut down. There is nothing telling me that it won’t be the same way again in 2014. Also the majority of those folks that already have insurance that exclude their pre-existing condition will be grandfathered in, so those folks will have no choice but to go through the exchanges to find new insurance or accept the higher premiums through their employer provided insurance.

ACA offers tax credits to small businesses to buy insurance

Im going to cover both 3 and 5 here. Tax Credits and subsidies both are a danger in the way I see it. Take for example a family of five who makes just under 50k a year. Mom and dad work, 3 kids in school. Said family pays in taxes anywhere between 4-7k in taxes per year, depending on what they filed as. Due to the EIC and Child Tax credit, this family can receive a “Refund” of nearly 10k which is a good deal more than they paid in. Ive seen this happen time and time again and in my opion/view, it is a drain on society. Doing this for businesses is no different. That “Credit” or “Subsidy” has to come from somewhere… money doesn’t just appear because we print more.

ACA requires companies with more than 50 employees to provide health insurance

This is a moot point and nothing more than a talking point for biased media. What most fail to realize that this is going to impact small to mid-range businesses and not the big business conglomerates. Already there are more than 1200 businesses that are exempt from the ACA law. This means that so far about 4million people are excluded from mandatory participation. This includes roughly 550k union workers.

ACA provides subsidies to help individuals afford coverage

State-based health insurance exchanges

This is supposed to be a good thing? What about those states that are stuck with 2 options? Kentucky for Example only has 2 options for insurers through the exchange and one of them will not cover you if you are out of state and something happens.

Edited by Dredimus
  • Like 1

Lies and more lies. Is the writer going to pay for the insurance I have to buy... I cant afford it and yes thats with the credits. Credits dont make it free, Sorry I cant claim child support on taxes so just because I make this amount of money doesn't mean after i spend it on living I have all this money just sitting around based on Govt estimates. And yes premiums have been increasing. And no McDonalds isnt going to buy them insurance and no there workers wont pay if McDonalds offers it since they would still be covered on Medicaid which is expanding, why would they pay out of pocket even how small if they get it free...?.?.?

A lot of healthy people dont go to hospitals but use conventional medicine and if they have to go to the doctor they use local clinics or doctors offices that actually provide affordable health care by not accepting Medicare and medicaid and whose customers dont use insurance and they have to pay the same day as the visit. They can focus on health care instead of billing and paperwork. Health insurance != Health Care.

If the ponzee scheme Social Security is falling apart because of lower birth rates vs the baby boomers how is mandating a health insurance scheme going to work. None of the articles for ACA mention the fact that for this to work there has to be more younger healthy people paying into it and not using it vs all those sick people with no insurance to get health care.

Why do none of these articles compare it to Social Security when its setup much the same way. More people have to pay into the pot than the number of people who take from it. And since this is ran by private institutes those corporations have to take out of the pot aswell.

Also wanted to add that unlike SS which has a steady tax rate. The prices today wont be the prices of tomorrow on the exchange and ive never known big corporations to lower there prices out of the kindness of there hearts.

It's a giant Ponzi Scheme, just like Social Security....which is set to run dry by 2020....

That's very true about doctor's offices and clinics. Many even offer a type of sliding scale payment, so if you and your spouse or family are uninsured, you just bring in a tax return on how much you earned after taxes are taken out, and you pay according to that. I've been to dentist offices that do the same thing.

ACA allows young Americans to stay on their parents’ insurance plans

This is all well and good, though in many states something like this was already attainable as long as the young adult was still enrolled in college/school.

ACA bans insurance companies from denying coverage for pre-existing conditions

Yes, this is part of the ACA and will not be implemented until 2014... However… the Gov. tried to institute the “Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan” which was supposed to cover the same actions as the provision in the ACA until 2014. However, in Feb. 2013 this program was found to not be cost effective as it ran out of funds and was shut down. There is nothing telling me that it won’t be the same way again in 2014. Also the majority of those folks that already have insurance that exclude their pre-existing condition will be grandfathered in, so those folks will have no choice but to go through the exchanges to find new insurance or accept the higher premiums through their employer provided insurance.

ACA offers tax credits to small businesses to buy insurance

Im going to cover both 3 and 5 here. Tax Credits and subsidies both are a danger in the way I see it. Take for example a family of five who makes just under 50k a year. Mom and dad work, 3 kids in school. Said family pays in taxes anywhere between 4-7k in taxes per year, depending on what they filed as. Due to the EIC and Child Tax credit, this family can receive a “Refund” of nearly 10k which is a good deal more than they paid in. Ive seen this happen time and time again and in my opion/view, it is a drain on society. Doing this for businesses is no different. That “Credit” or “Subsidy” has to come from somewhere… money doesn’t just appear because we print more.

ACA requires companies with more than 50 employees to provide health insurance

This is a moot point and nothing more than a talking point for biased media. What most fail to realize that this is going to impact small to mid-range businesses and not the big business conglomerates. Already there are more than 1200 businesses that are exempt from the ACA law. This means that so far about 4million people are excluded from mandatory participation. This includes roughly 550k union workers.

ACA provides subsidies to help individuals afford coverage

State-based health insurance exchanges

This is supposed to be a good thing? What about those states that are stuck with 2 options? Kentucky for Example only has 2 options for insurers through the exchange and one of them will not cover you if you are out of state and something happens.

Yep. Read the fine print.

• Like 1

The huge irony of all this noise is that this "plan" was the Republicans wet dream during the Clinton years...they wanted to force people to give their money to a for profit corporation...they are fighting it now because a Democrat got it passed and not a Repub...period.

If Bush would have done this, they'd be singing praises and laughing all the way to the bank with the bribes and pay offs their "campaign contributing insurance companies" slid to them.

I am still completely against the whole thing...but let us not lose focus on who actually conceived this sh!tstorm to begin with...and the modern version is modeled on a state program initiated by what?...A Republican Governor.

I do not care who brought this abomination into existence...they suck.

• Like 1

... I cant afford it and yes thats with the credits.

Then just pay the tax penalty. Or check out the 'catastrophic' plan, which is available to folks under 30, or that can show financial hardship.

Then just pay the tax penalty. Or check out the 'catastrophic' plan, which is available to folks under 30, or that can show financial hardship.

Having a catastrophic plan is a smart move, me and my husband have one, and it's really all you need, if you are under 60 and relatively healthy. Health Insurance is a Ponzi Scheme where they expect you to take out MORE medical than what you pay in. Now, if your elderly or have a condition where your constantly in the hospital and on expensive medications, health insurance is a life saver. But if your healthy and rarely go to the doctor, or like me and my husband, go to the doctor every couple of months and are on affordable, cheap medications, it's not.... You will save more money this way.

Many clinics do a sliding scale type payment, where you pay according to how much you make after taxes, all you have to do is bring in a copy of your tax returns. There are dentists office that do the same. In a lot of clinics and hospitals, if you tell them your uninsured, they have programs that help you, and give you discounts. I broke my leg, about 4 years ago, and I had no insurance at the time, but I was working, and I was able to set up a payment plan that I was able to pay off in a 1 year and half!

That's just my opinion, and that's been my experience.....

If it is so great... Why won't Obama sign up for it.? The reason we have the greatest military in the world is because people believe in what America stands for. If Obama and the Democrats beleive in the ACA so much, why not make it voluntary? To make it mandatory is to expose the supporters true intentions. The fervor that has been created to force this opon everyone is absolutely crazy. Any sane person definately has the right to question such actions without being chastised. Any politician slinging insults around is not describing the opposition but, himself.

• Like 3

how exactly? when 270million of 300million already have health insurance.

If the ponzee scheme Social Security is falling apart because of lower birth rates

SS is NOT a ponzi scheme, it is NOT falling apart, and the baby boomer bubble was planned for.

It's a giant Ponzi Scheme, just like Social Security....which is set to run dry by 2020....

It will do so such thing. Quit listening to complete and utter BS.

Having a catastrophic plan is a smart move, me and my husband have one, and it's really all you need, if you are under 60 and relatively healthy.

Have kids? You know much it costs to have one? Seems not.

Many clinics do a sliding scale type payment, where you pay according to how much you make after taxes, all you have to do is bring in a copy of your tax returns. There are dentists office that do the same. In a lot of clinics and hospitals, if you tell them your uninsured, they have programs that help you, and give you discounts. I broke my leg, about 4 years ago, and I had no insurance at the time, but I was working, and I was able to set up a payment plan that I was able to pay off in a 1 year and half!

Must be a local thing were you live. Clincs, offices, hospitals in other parts of the country will take your right arm, first born and force you into bankruptcy.

If it is so great... Why won't Obama sign up for it.?

because he already has health insurance. You do know that the ACA is for people who don't have any, right?

• Like 1

Schawing!

Right over his head

because he already has health insurance. You do know that the ACA is for people who don't have any, right?

Guess Ya'll haven't been reading about businesses all making part timers health insurance null, and full time employees part timers, working 39 hour weeks?

*coughs*

Lots of people who HAD health insurance, now do not... Soooo.......

• Like 1

Guess Ya'll haven't been reading about businesses all making part timers health insurance null, and full time employees part timers, working 39 hour weeks?

yes i heard it but as it turns out it's more propaganda than reality. This is what happens when you listen to conservamedia. disinformation.

Fact Check: Employers are not cutting back workers hours because of Obamacare

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/27/fact-check-employers-are-not-cutting-back-workers-hours-because-of-obamacare/

• Like 1

Close... Census Data states that the total pop is 308.8m People... with 48.6M of them being un-insured and atleast 35m more being inadequately insured.

• Like 1

yes i heard it but as it turns out it's more propaganda than reality. This is what happens when you listen to conservamedia. disinformation.

Fact Check: Employers are not cutting back workers hours because of Obamacare

http://politicaltick...e-of-obamacare/

Wrong. As a matter of fact here is a list of employers that have cut their hours and openly admit to it. Click The Link, Dont just pass by it and ignore the truth...

• Like 2

I dont think you understand that the ACA affects those WITH and WITHOUT insurance. Plans will now be standardized and if your employers plan does not fit the model it gets adjusted... as will your premium... unless you are part of the 1230 waivered companies.

• Like 1