Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eye color hypnosis

uuner

So I was randomly going trough different guided meditations and hypnosis videos on youtube and I stumbled upon this video claiming that you can change your eye color with the help of said video. The description of the video states that it's a slow process, and that you are only likely to succeed if you go for natural colours, i.e colors like purple, red or orange are unlikely because your subconscious mind will doubt that goal. I think it's also likely that someone with dark brown eyes might find it hard to get light blue eyes, or at least it will take a very long time. For me the easiest way would probably be to go from a greyish blue to either a light blue, deeper blue or maybe to greyish green.

Has anyone got any insight on this subject, is it possible?

I for one am trying it just for fun, I've even taken a picture of my eye so that I have something to compare with later on (the description states that it takes roughly a minimum of 21 sessions for noticeable changes) If anyone else is interested, feel free to post your "before" pictures and "after" pictures to show your results (either to prove that this does or doesn't work)

Here's my "before" picture

post-29930-0-89465600-1379675608_thumb.j

Sorry but I really think you are wasting your time on this one.

Unless you are wearing designer contacts your eyes will NOT change colors into red, orange or purple.

Granted ones eyes "may" lighten or darken as they age but there has NEVER been any documented case in any culture/tribe/society where peoples eyes were such colors.

I doubt the pigmentation cells in the eyes can even produce those colors.

As far as this whole "your subconscious mind will doubt that goal" indicating it won't work unless you "believe" (a typical ploy all religions use) there are plenty of people out there who firmly believed they wouldn't get cancer because they ate right, exercised and did all that they were told to do (not even smoked) and yet many of them still got cancer. So much for this subconscious thing.

Well..if you really want to do this then go ahead..just don't try to trick us by using photoshop or some other image manipulation software to produce results, ok?

1) Unless you are wearing designer contacts your eyes will NOT change colors into red, orange or purple.

2) Granted ones eyes "may" lighten or darken as they age but there has NEVER been any documented case in any culture/tribe/society where peoples eyes were such colors.

I doubt the pigmentation cells in the eyes can even produce those colors.

3) As far as this whole "your subconscious mind will doubt that goal" indicating it won't work unless you "believe" (a typical ploy all religions use) there are plenty of people out there who firmly believed they wouldn't get cancer because they ate right, exercised and did all that they were told to do (not even smoked) and yet many of them still got cancer. So much for this subconscious thing.

4)Well..if you really want to do this then go ahead..just don't try to trick us by using photoshop or some other image manipulation software to produce results, ok?

1) I believe I said these colors are unlikely, and to be specific I said they are unlikely because most people will at least at some level find those colors unnatural, even if they say that they believe those colors are possible. Then again I might have been wrong using such a mild word as "unlikely" when I should have said impossible.

2) again, I never said I would be trying to get some freaky sci-fi/fantasy colors, I said lighter or darker or possibly from blue to green

3) With "doubting that goal" I was again referring to the fact that no matter how hard you want to believe, you will most probably doubt the possibility of getting unnatural eye color.

4) Like I said, I'm trying this for fun. And don't worry my photoshop/image manipulating skills are next to nothing...

Edit: Yeah I know I asked for opinnions, I got yours and I got defensive..... sorry about that :)

Edited by uuner

Your eye has awesome colour and pattern already, why try and change?

Edited by krypter3
  • Like 1

I think there would be more productive things to focus your time and energy on meditation wise, but that's just me. In all seriousness when it comes to eye colour i can think of two possible ways - one that you would develop the inner sight (3rd eye) and see colours that way. This is how 'most' people aura read / body scan and remember that colour is the perception of energy/frequency.

Or that if you were to practise getting into a trance/alt state through mediation and then taking a pic of your eye in that state you may well find it has changed shade slightly. Our eyes do change shades depending on our mood, brain wave / consciosuness state and emotions, but to expect a permanent colour change to take effect no. That is never going to happen.

• Like 1

I have been trying different types of meditations including 3rd eye and various other chakra meditations. I just haven't had the luxury of someone actually teaching me, so I kinda find my knowledge in meditating (and therefore any results) lacking. And yes I know there are tons of good, even great guides on this forum, but I don't feel like they can replace an actual teacher.

This hypnosis thing is something I plan to do completely separately, just before I go to sleep, sorta like an experiment.

I'll be honest, I don't like the fact it is using subliminal programming embedded in waves. I mean, I don't believe subliminal programming would achieve the colour change anyway, but i certainly wouldn't be okay with entering sleep with a whole load of subliminal programming going on that i don't even know the context of.

Do you have reason to believe that this particular video could be harmful? As far as I understood, I thought the meaning of this hypnosis was to enter a trance, not fall to sleep with it?

Whatever you do before sleep is going to affect your sleep state. I'm not saying it is harmful, I'm just saying i don't see the point of using something that uses subliminal programming for a purpose which it can't work for. That then makes me question why on earth is the subliminal programming being used then. For all we know maybe the creator has a subliminal message such as "you love my youtube channel" or something related completely to themselves getting you to come back to the channel. That is how subliminal programming is used with marketing and products, to make you feel thirsty or hungry when you see certain things that have nothing to do with the product. So yes i do see subliminal programming as like a spam program for the unconsciousness mind, obviously there is good uses of it like with dieting and giving up smoking. But I'm struggling to understand how it is supposed to work for making the body change something like eye colour.

• Like 1

Ah okay.. I see your point, thanks for the warning. I'll try to be careful, if that's possible... who knows, I might end up discovering some great conspiracy :D

EDIT: Actually never mind, the more I think about it, the more sense you make. I could, and will be using my time and energy on something more productive, like work on my 3rd eye.

Edited by uuner
  • Like 1

Just for fun

(ps are you hitting on me?)

No, I simply gave your eye a compliment lol

Edited by krypter3

• 3 weeks later...

It's kind of a shame they talked you out of this, uuner...while it's true that there are lots of "more important/worthy/valuable" things to spend one's time on, there are also many less important/worthy/valuable things that people spend hours on every day, that end up hurting no one. Trying something "just for fun" is exercising your curiosity, engaging your sense of play, and I think that's pretty valuable even if the ends seem "frivolous."

I'd try this myself, but I've never wanted to change my eye color all that badly; besides, my eyes are a very dark brown, so even if the technique is legit, I imagine I'd have a heck of an uphill climb to alter them in any perceivable way.

I was partially talked out of it, but then I listened trough the "hypnosis" and came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything really special about it. I could still try it out for fun, if you're curious about results :)

So I was randomly going trough different guided meditations and hypnosis videos on youtube and I stumbled upon this video claiming that you can change your eye color with the help of said video. The description of the video states that it's a slow process, and that you are only likely to succeed if you go for natural colours, i.e colors like purple, red or orange are unlikely because your subconscious mind will doubt that goal. I think it's also likely that someone with dark brown eyes might find it hard to get light blue eyes, or at least it will take a very long time. For me the easiest way would probably be to go from a greyish blue to either a light blue, deeper blue or maybe to greyish green.

Has anyone got any insight on this subject, is it possible?

I for one am trying it just for fun, I've even taken a picture of my eye so that I have something to compare with later on (the description states that it takes roughly a minimum of 21 sessions for noticeable changes) If anyone else is interested, feel free to post your "before" pictures and "after" pictures to show your results (either to prove that this does or doesn't work)

Here's my "before" picture

I think you've got a weird colored iris to begin with.

• Like 1

I think you've got a weird colored iris to begin with.

Huh? Looks like a perfectly normal "hazel" eye to me...

I was partially talked out of it, but then I listened trough the "hypnosis" and came to the conclusion that there wasn't anything really special about it. I could still try it out for fun, if you're curious about results :)

^_^ Thanks, but if you've lost your interest, don't bother doing it for me. I only said something because, well, I've been talked out of things before that I later regretted not pursuing. I just thought I'd toss yet another viewpoint into the mix, just in case.

Hazel? how is that hazel? I thought hazel was a light brown :D

...My bad. You're correct...hazel eyes should have some brown in them (like a hazelnut, duh).

My brother's eyes are blue-grey-green with occasional bits of brown (they change depending on the lighting and what he's wearing) though they're most often a bluish-grey. I got so used to calling them "hazel" that I forgot about the brown requirement.

Okay, you have fairly typical blue-grey eyes (though I thought I saw a faint hint of tan very near your pupil...).

just a thought….. but may be you would care to take a look into iridology?

This is a diagnostic tool and can tell you quiet a lot about a persons well being.

I have little knowledge of this myself, so i can not tell you much worth listening to about it but i just thought…. Some added assistance in the area of what the eye reveals and tells us, plus the ways in which it is possible to alter your whole iris by healing.

Here's one intro to Iridology….http://youtu.be/O0LMzJe84KM

just a thought….. but may be you would care to take a look into iridology?

This is a diagnostic tool and can tell you quiet a lot about a persons well being....

Oh, now you've done it... :unsure2: