Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Apollo 11 post-flight press conference

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#46    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 24 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 24 November 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

Now thats more like it :) Thats how they should look!

But its easy to laugh from inside the quarantine... its another thing when the WHOLE WORLD is watching YOU!

it might be interesting to note that the whole world was watching them that afternoon, as President Nixon talked to them aboard the USS Hornet.
I suspect it was rather a happy priviledge for them to be personally addressed by the Commander-in-Chief.  There wasn't a network that did not cover this event.

I feel sorry for them :( ... its not their fault, they are honest people...

What's not their fault?   That they were thrust into a situtation, by chance, which would place them at the center of public and media attention on a scale that few people had been, nor would be again?   And these three, not trained or at all used to such massive-scale attention, perhaps even uncomfortable with it...

Well, there's no "fault" involved.  They handled it, the intrusion, the exposure, the constant attention...reporters parked outside their homes, waiting for them to appear, photographers clamoring for a shot.

That's the price of the ticket.  They were all flown astronauts, and as such, had already made public appearances and had attention directed their way...but not like this.

The very next day, these three would be flown to New York, where they'd begin an all day, all night trip across the country.

Think about that...

Ticker tape parades where millions of people would see them in-person in New York, then in Chicago, then in Los Angeles.   They'd give speeches, pose for photographs, have ceremonies in each city, be presented the keys to the cities, and finally, have a state dinner with the President of the United States where they had to give speeches and be the center of attention again...where they'd be interrupted by Congresspersons in the bathroom for autographs while they were trying to pee--all that sort of stuff.

All that in one day, and it was just the start of what would be the best part of a month and a half on a round the world tour, where it would be repeated dozens of times...then hometown parades, speeches before Congress, etc., etc...

Not something I would've looked forward to in the least.

They knew it was coming.
That's part of what you see in their faces.

#47    Left-Field

Left-Field

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 02:48 AM

View Postflyingswan, on 24 November 2010 - 02:12 PM, said:

Would you really suggest that guilt or innocence is determined on the FBI's say-so?

The guy in the video may have worked for the FBI, but the information he gives is based on research that goes beyond any connection an individual may have with any organization.

As to your question however, I don't feel the FBI's decision making in regards to where guilt or innocence may lie should be relied upon any more than that of the government. Yet most people believe whatever it is the government tells them to believe and then react negatively to those that dare question it. It happens quite often in this section of the forums.

#48    flyingswan

flyingswan

Government Agent

• 3,768 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 11:28 AM

View Post-Sliver-, on 25 November 2010 - 02:48 AM, said:

The guy in the video may have worked for the FBI, but the information he gives is based on research that goes beyond any connection an individual may have with any organization.

As to your question however, I don't feel the FBI's decision making in regards to where guilt or innocence may lie should be relied upon any more than that of the government. Yet most people believe whatever it is the government tells them to believe and then react negatively to those that dare question it. It happens quite often in this section of the forums.

I was just pointing out the irony of someone who is normally very anti-government suddenly claiming that you can tell whether someone is lying or not because the FBI says so.  If there is any actual research to back up what the guy says, why not link to the research rather than to a government source?

"Man prefers to believe what he prefers to be true" - Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
In which case it is fortunate that:
"Science is the best defense against believing what we want to" - Ian Stewart (1945- )

#49    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 25 November 2010 - 12:50 PM

View PostMID, on 24 November 2010 - 10:28 PM, said:

Ticker tape parades where millions of people would see them in-person in New York, then in Chicago, then in Los Angeles.   They'd give speeches, pose for photographs, have ceremonies in each city, be presented the keys to the cities, and finally, have a state dinner with the President of the United States where they had to give speeches and be the center of attention again...where they'd be interrupted by Congresspersons in the bathroom for autographs while they were trying to pee--all that sort of stuff.

Hello MID, just wanted to ask (before I go looking) do you know of any footage on any further speeches given during the State trip as stated above?

thanks in advance

#50    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

• ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 24 November 2010 - 03:18 AM, said:

This guy explains it great!

He explains some rather well known principals to people involved in interrogation techniques.
Trained interrogators and investigators know these things.

However, they're irrelevant to the issue at hand, as no one was interrogating the crew of Apollo 11, nor did anyone have a reason to do so.

#51    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

View Postquillius, on 25 November 2010 - 12:50 PM, said:

Hello MID, just wanted to ask (before I go looking) do you know of any footage on any further speeches given during the State trip as stated above?

thanks in advance

I'm afraid I don't know where they might be, or even if they existy, quillius.  
They were generally short statements, delivered to civic groups, business or local government gatherings in places like city halls or city parks.
in L.A., I recall all three of them addressed the crowd, which was populated by the President, members of Congress, local government officals, etc...

I don't know of any footage of these various speeches off the top of my head.

#52    quillius

quillius

52.0839° N, 1.4328° E

• 4,955 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

View PostMID, on 25 November 2010 - 04:24 PM, said:

I'm afraid I don't know where they might be, or even if they existy, quillius.  
They were generally short statements, delivered to civic groups, business or local government gatherings in places like city halls or city parks.
in L.A., I recall all three of them addressed the crowd, which was populated by the President, members of Congress, local government officals, etc...

I don't know of any footage of these various speeches off the top of my head.

ok, thanks for the response. I will start looking for that needle in the haystack that may not even exist :)

#53    rajeev shagun

rajeev shagun

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:17 AM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 24 November 2010 - 09:37 PM, said:

Now thats more like it :) Thats how they should look!

But its easy to laugh from inside the quarantine... its another thing when the WHOLE WORLD is watching YOU!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I feel sorry for them :( ... its not their fault, they are honest people...
on the Hornet they were happy to be safe back home and glade to see Mr president front of them...and nobody was questioning them about their moon story but at the press conference they had to lie about biggest mission of the human history.its not their fault..

#54    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:39 AM

View Postrajeev shagun, on 26 November 2010 - 04:17 AM, said:

...they had to lie about biggest mission of the human history...

Really? Because the scant 'evidence' (I use that term very loosely) you have presented in the moon hoax thread and it's subsequent rebuttal by those who would know such things suggests differently.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#55    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

on the Hornet they were happy to be safe back home and glade to see Mr president front of them...and nobody was questioning them about their moon story but at the press conference they had to lie about biggest mission of the human history.its not their fault..

The attentiveness and brilliance that you bring to these discussions is nothing sort of astounding.

:blink:

#56    rajeev shagun

rajeev shagun

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:10 PM

View PostSolarPlexus, on 24 November 2010 - 12:53 AM, said:

Uh well i guess it's remotely possible that you have 3 very tired and overworked technical types who don’t like the limelight?

But still... Armstrong on 0:35?? Look at his lips! You can tell that he is forced to choose his words!

You are free to move on ofcourse :)

I started this thread primarily to discuss the 'symptoms' of a conspiracy in this video in specific :) and not claims of extraterrestrial encounters during the Apollo mission. If youre refering to post #4, i was just answering to the person in  post #2  :)
how about organizing a polygraph(lie-detecting) test of these 3 guys...i am pretty sure they will never be ready for it ...Buzz will damage the machine by his famous punch...still they are not to be blamed.

#57    MID

MID

Forum Divinity

• 14,490 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

View Postrajeev shagun, on 26 November 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

how about organizing a polygraph(lie-detecting) test of these 3 guys...i am pretty sure they will never be ready for it ...Buzz will damage the machine by his famous punch

How about supplying some legal grounds for such an idiotic idea?
Who, other than yourself, would ever propose or support such lunacy?

...still they are not to be blamed.

Of course they're not to be "blamed".   There's nothing to blame anyone for.

They, and all who worked on the program, are to be commended for their accomplishments.

#58    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:28 AM

View Postrajeev shagun, on 26 November 2010 - 04:10 PM, said:

how about organizing a polygraph(lie-detecting) test of these 3 guys...i am pretty sure they will never be ready for it ...Buzz will damage the machine by his famous punch...still they are not to be blamed.
Hi rajeev.  I'm not quite sure if you realize it or not, but this thread isn't about a supposed Apollo hoax.  Perhaps you'll want to concentrate your efforts, as valiant as they are, on the Apollo hoax thread.  After all, you've still yet to prove anything there.  I don't see a reason to derail this thread from its equally unsubstantiated premise.

Cheers.

#59    rajeev shagun

rajeev shagun

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:12 PM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 26 November 2010 - 04:39 AM, said:

Really? Because the scant 'evidence' (I use that term very loosely) you have presented in the moon hoax thread and it's subsequent rebuttal by those who would know such things suggests differently.
two people...one was a law student other one was 19 years old milk man, both didn't know about Apollo much...i showed the press conference image...law student said "these guys look like thinking seriously"  "some thing very sad happened to them" and when i asked milk boy "are they looking happy or sad"? he replied "some thing very sad may be some body died " when i cleared who they were but both of them still kept their same idea about that event....after this incident i am more sure if you ask 100 people(who don't know them) 100 of them will find Apollo guys sad or worried.

#60    Czero 101

Czero 101

Earthshattering Kaboom

• 5,121 posts

• We are all made of thermonuclear waste material

Posted 27 November 2010 - 12:24 PM

View Postrajeev shagun, on 27 November 2010 - 12:12 PM, said:

two people...one was a law student other one was 19 years old milk man, both didn't know about Apollo much...i showed the press conference image...law student said "these guys look like thinking seriously"  "some thing very sad happened to them" and when i asked milk boy "are they looking happy or sad"? he replied "some thing very sad may be some body died " when i cleared who they were but both of them still kept their same idea about that event....
Emphasis added to show why your example has little to no relevance to the issue. Their interpretation of the event is incorrect because they know little to nothing about Apollo and therefore don't understand the context of the video.

Interestingly enough, this is also why YOUR theories, and most likely what ever explanation you gave them about the video, are incorrect as well. Did you also inform them of your various other inane hoax beliefs as well?

after this incident i am more sure if you ask 100 people(who don't know them) 100 of them will find Apollo guys sad or worried.
Its interesting to note that without any sound to give contextual clues, crying very strongly resembles laughing.

Cz

"Thinking is critical, because sense is not common..." - GreaterSapien
"Enquiring and doubting the "official story" are also good things .... However when these doubts require you to ignore the evidence, to dishonestly cherry pick evidence and claim it supports your case when it doesn't, when you operate a double standard; demanding proof of that which is already proven whilst making unsupported statements and personal opinions to back your own case and when you deny the truth simply because it IS the official story then you are no longer acting in a rational way. This is not the behaviour of a "different thinker", this is the behaviour of a "believer" who chooses not to rationally think about the evidence at all." - Waspie Dwarf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users