Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 1 votes

Jodi Arias Trial


  • Please log in to reply
836 replies to this topic

#661    ath

ath

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Joined:06 Dec 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:gastonia, nc

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:56 PM

some of you don't seem like you know many of the details that have not come out in court.  the ones where she's stalked Travis along with whoever he has gone out with, slashed their tires a few times.  there also is NO evidence other than Jodi's words that he was abusive towards her.

when Travis was killed the first thing his friends said to the police was Jodi did it, to check her out.  he may have said (wrote) some things to her that i will definitely agree weren't very nice.  but i also believe he was getting so frustrated with her actions (ie the stalking, slashing tires and such) that he was reacting to that.  was it correct...no. but definitely not equal to being stabbed 29 times, throat slashed and shot.


#662    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:46 PM

View PostLeftcoastgal, on 17 April 2013 - 10:24 PM, said:

I'm surprised you buy this piece of JA's testimony, as much lying as she's done, or that it has significance overall.

What perplexes me is what the significance could be of those two pieces of 'fabric'.

I located Arias' testimony on direct re: the rope (Day 19), and she described the rope as "decorative". Well, that describes those two pieces of fabric, but the pieces themselves don't fit her story.


#663    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

Geez. Maybe I should add that I don't believe the rope story! (I want to make that clear.)
The thing is, re: this issue, Arias is attempting to associate those 'tassel-fabric pieces' with her rope story.
My point is, there's ANOTHER EXPLANATION for their presence at the scene, and I can't figure out what it could be.

Edited by regi, 18 April 2013 - 12:01 AM.


#664    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,271 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:15 AM

View Postregi, on 17 April 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

They said Alexander took a piece of rope- which would have to have been about 20' in length- from curtains?! :lol:  And from which curtains... his curtains?! :lol: :no:
Now, I don't recall testimony about rope from curtains... or curtain tie-backs, or whatever, but even if I did, it wouldn't matter because I'm still not buying that rope story!

The testimony I recall is from Arias' cross and it was re: a piece of rope about 20' in length! :whistle:




Here the defence`s statements  about the rope 38.02.






#665    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 18 April 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Here the defence`s statements  about the rope 38.02.

First of all, remarks in opening statements aren't evidence.
Evidence has to be brought out in testimony, otherwise, it's unsupported.
So, here we have in their opening, the defense telling the jury that Alexander had the kind of rope "people use to tie back curtains".
Well, they certainly didn't prove it in testimony.
1) The story itself doesn't make sense the way Arias described it in her testimony.
2) There's no other evidence of rope.There's no rope present in any of the photos taken during the time period when it would be present if it had been there
3) The evidence is two pieces of fabric and they DO NOT fit the rope story.


#666    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:55 PM

View Postath, on 17 April 2013 - 10:56 PM, said:

some of you don't seem like you know many of the details that have not come out in court.

If anyone's read Detective Flores' Investigative Report, then they should be aware of most of what hasn't been presented in court, and indeed, it offers quite a bit of perspective!

I've been reviewing testimony and connecting the dots and the picture reveals a definite pattern.
Arias continued relationships with men she'd been intimate with after they had broken up.
Also, she went from one relationship to another, most often meeting the next man through the one she was with, or while she was still with him.
She always suspected cheating (although, Darryl Brewer seems to be the exception) and acted on her suspicion by snooping and then usually dealt with it in the same way- twice confronting the other girl.
(There's statements from Alexander's friends (in the investigative report by Flores) that she harassed whomever Alexander was seeing, which is a third instance of that behavior.)

Arias lived with Bobby Juarez and after they broke up, she followed him to Oregon where she moved in with him and that Matt guy. (She met Matt through Juarez.)
Arias eventually hooked up with Matt and when Matt got a place outside of his dad's home (where they had been living), Arias moved in with him at his new place.
I don't know the time period but it had to have been relatively short (Arias testified that she was 22) that she hooked up with Brewer- the 42 year-old divorced man with a son whom she then lived with. (I've heard it stated that they were together for 4 years, which seems to be a little bit of an exaggeration.) Anyway...
Arias was living with Brewer (which appeared to me to be more of an arrangement of convenience for a certain period of time for both because that situation was tanking quick) when she met Alexander.
Arias continued to live in the same home with Brewer after she met Alexander.
I don't know when Arias moved to Big Sur, or what that living situation was, but she couldn't have lived there long. I think that's where she was living immediately prior to moving to Mesa, where she lived for 9 months before moving in with her grandparents in Yreka.

Near the end, Arias set her sights on Ryan Burns, whom she met in March or April of '08.


(Btw, in case anyone has taken it to the bank- which is doubtful, but anyway- I goofed in an earlier post. Alexander and Arias did not travel together in March of '08. That would have to have had been March of '07. Sorry. :blush:  )

Edited by regi, 18 April 2013 - 01:03 PM.


#667    boos2u

boos2u

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:KY, USA

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:53 PM

View Postregi, on 18 April 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

If anyone's read Detective Flores' Investigative Report, then they should be aware of most of what hasn't been presented in court, and indeed, it offers quite a bit of perspective!

I've been reviewing testimony and connecting the dots and the picture reveals a definite pattern.
Arias continued relationships with men she'd been intimate with after they had broken up.
Also, she went from one relationship to another, most often meeting the next man through the one she was with, or while she was still with him.
She always suspected cheating (although, Darryl Brewer seems to be the exception) and acted on her suspicion by snooping and then usually dealt with it in the same way- twice confronting the other girl.
(There's statements from Alexander's friends (in the investigative report by Flores) that she harassed whomever Alexander was seeing, which is a third instance of that behavior.)

Arias lived with Bobby Juarez and after they broke up, she followed him to Oregon where she moved in with him and that Matt guy. (She met Matt through Juarez.)
Arias eventually hooked up with Matt and when Matt got a place outside of his dad's home (where they had been living), Arias moved in with him at his new place.
I don't know the time period but it had to have been relatively short (Arias testified that she was 22) that she hooked up with Brewer- the 42 year-old divorced man with a son whom she then lived with. (I've heard it stated that they were together for 4 years, which seems to be a little bit of an exaggeration.) Anyway...
Arias was living with Brewer (which appeared to me to be more of an arrangement of convenience for a certain period of time for both because that situation was tanking quick) when she met Alexander.
Arias continued to live in the same home with Brewer after she met Alexander.
I don't know when Arias moved to Big Sur, or what that living situation was, but she couldn't have lived there long. I think that's where she was living immediately prior to moving to Mesa, where she lived for 9 months before moving in with her grandparents in Yreka.

Near the end, Arias set her sights on Ryan Burns, whom she met in March or April of '08.


(Btw, in case anyone has taken it to the bank- which is doubtful, but anyway- I goofed in an earlier post. Alexander and Arias did not travel together in March of '08. That would have to have had been March of '07. Sorry. :blush:  )

Hey regi!  What a user loser JA is! The review of this week's trial shows them talking to Psychologist Janeen DeMarte about the IQ test she gave JA. JA, of course, thinks she is as intelligent as Einstein. But instead of using her brain to help the world, she uses it to control and manipulate and ultimately destroy people. She is despicable. Thank goodness her narcissism caused her to leave behind clues and makes her draw the police's attention to her. Who's tired of all the migraines and mistrial requests? Me, for one! If that's the best the defense can do, it seems as if they, too, believe she did it and she is going to be found guilty.


#668    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

View Postboos2u, on 21 April 2013 - 02:53 PM, said:

Hey regi!  What a user loser JA is! The review of this week's trial shows them talking to Psychologist Janeen DeMarte about the IQ test she gave JA. JA, of course, thinks she is as intelligent as Einstein. But instead of using her brain to help the world, she uses it to control and manipulate and ultimately destroy people. She is despicable. Thank goodness her narcissism caused her to leave behind clues and makes her draw the police's attention to her. Who's tired of all the migraines and mistrial requests? Me, for one! If that's the best the defense can do, it seems as if they, too, believe she did it and she is going to be found guilty.

Hey, boos2u! :st
If anything bothers me, it's that the trial's been too long, and that circumstance seems to benefit defendants; it's suggested that the jury might hold the prosecution responsible (and resent it), and/or, that earlier testimony by prosecution witnesses is too far in the backs of their minds.
However, in this case, the prosecution was essentially done presenting it's evidence in mid Jan. and it's appeared to me (for various reasons and in different ways) to be the defense that's kept the trial long, so I don't see the jury resenting the prosecution for a long trial.
(If Nurmi could have sped up his dialogue just a tad, I think that alone could have saved days! I've reviewed testimony, and it's been  e x  c r u t i a t i n g  getting through his examinations!)


I really like DeMarte. And after those two 'expert' defense witnesses, how utterly refreshing (among other things) it is to finally see an expert witness present themselves in a professional manner!
DeMarte's direct and precise with her information...she's prepared...clearly, a no-nonsense type. She's courteous, but obviously NOT a pushover. She's confident in her opinions and has shown NO BIAS; she recognizes that there are indeed,  professional boundaries, and she clearly respects them!
I don't think could be more impressed, and I think she's nailed Arias with the results of her evaluation.

Yeah, Arias believed she was gonna get away with murder, and when it was clear the police were onto her, she still believed she could talk her way out.
Can you believe she actually called the detective to offer her assistance in the investigation?! But of course, that's classic, right?!

You know, Arias' dx is what makes her extremely dangerous- she's entirely self-centered and has no conscience. She's shown what she's capable of, so the only thing that could keep her from murdering again is the fear of getting caught. Apart from that, it wouldn't bother her, but...since she also thinks she's smarter than everyone else, then she would certainly believe that she could get away with it if given another opportunity.

Edited by regi, 22 April 2013 - 01:11 PM.


#669    boos2u

boos2u

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 206 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:KY, USA

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

View Postregi, on 22 April 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Hey, boos2u! :st
If anything bothers me, it's that the trial's been too long, and that circumstance seems to benefit defendants; it's suggested that the jury might hold the prosecution responsible (and resent it), and/or, that earlier testimony by prosecution witnesses is too far in the backs of their minds.
However, in this case, the prosecution was essentially done presenting it's evidence in mid Jan. and it's appeared to me (for various reasons and in different ways) to be the defense that's kept the trial long, so I don't see the jury resenting the prosecution for a long trial.
(If Nurmi could have sped up his dialogue just a tad, I think that alone could have saved days! I've reviewed testimony, and it's been  e x  c r u t i a t i n g  getting through his examinations!)


I really like DeMarte. And after those two 'expert' defense witnesses, how utterly refreshing (among other things) it is to finally see an expert witness present themselves in a professional manner!
DeMarte's direct and precise with her information...she's prepared...clearly, a no-nonsense type. She's courteous, but obviously NOT a pushover. She's confident in her opinions and has shown NO BIAS; she recognizes that there are indeed,  professional boundaries, and she clearly respects them!
I don't think could be more impressed, and I think she's nailed Arias with the results of her evaluation.

Yeah, Arias believed she was gonna get away with murder, and when it was clear the police were onto her, she still believed she could talk her way out.
Can you believe she actually called the detective to offer her assistance in the investigation?! But of course, that's classic, right?!

You know, Arias' dx is what makes her extremely dangerous- she's entirely self-centered and has no conscience. She's shown what she's capable of, so the only thing that could keep her from murdering again is the fear of getting caught. Apart from that, it wouldn't bother her, but...since she also thinks she's smarter than everyone else, then she would certainly believe that she could get away with it if given another opportunity.

I like DeMarte, also, for many of the reasons you stated. I like that she didn't let the defense attorney corral her into saying anything she didn't want to say. JA NEEDS to be in prison, death penalty or not. If she isn't sent there, she will think she really can get away with anything and possibly do it again. I laughed when I heard that she called police and offered to help! As I'm sure you know, this is what serial killers often do. They, too, think they can outsmart law enforcement. Good thing so many of them are wrong. You're right, it has gone on too long. I just hope the jury sees that its mainly the defense.


#670    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,412 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 22 April 2013 - 10:42 PM

Let's not forget the rule of law here, folks.   Jodi Arias is innocent!

Posted Image

I know our resident prosecutors say they want this trial to be over in a hurry, because apparently life and death isn't a good reason to take our time and get all the facts out.  ;)

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#671    docyabut2

docyabut2

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,271 posts
  • Joined:12 Aug 2011

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:57 AM

I  do believe Travis was shot frist to weaken him, because I think he could have stopped her from comming at him with a knife, he appears to be much stronger, Jodi  did planned to killed him.


#672    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

View Postboos2u, on 22 April 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

You're right, it has gone on too long.

Just the length of individual testimonies might have set records, and I don't know if it's ever happened that a defendant was on the stand as long as Arias!
You know, the transcriptionist will have this case on their plate for quite a while...


#673    Myles

Myles

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,133 posts
  • Joined:08 Jan 2007
  • Gender:Male

Posted 23 April 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostYamato, on 22 April 2013 - 10:42 PM, said:

Let's not forget the rule of law here, folks.   Jodi Arias is innocent!

Posted Image

I know our resident prosecutors say they want this trial to be over in a hurry, because apparently life and death isn't a good reason to take our time and get all the facts out.  ;)
No, she is guilty of killing him.


#674    Aaronsmom

Aaronsmom

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2011
  • Gender:Female

Posted 23 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

Deanna Reid, ex-GF of TA's before JA., is on stand today testifying to her relationship w/ TA. HLN host said during break that this testimony is a big score for the defense. The host says it shows how shabbily TA treated women overall. How does that help the defense? To me, it only underscores the obvious point that if a women is involved with a guy who is kind of a douchebag, the thing to do is get out of the relationship (which Miss Reid did when she concluded the relationship w/ TA had no future), not butcher the guy. So what if TA didn't treat the women he dated respectfully? If it was legit for a woman to off a guy who treats her like crap, more than half the men in the USA would be dead by murder probably.  I think this witness hurts JA.  It shows what a sane way to handle a troubled relationship is vs. dicing him up with a knife and putting a few bullets in him.


#675    regi

regi

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,241 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Texas

Posted 24 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostAaronsmom, on 23 April 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Deanna Reid, ex-GF of TA's before JA., is on stand today testifying to her relationship w/ TA. HLN host said during break that this testimony is a big score for the defense. The host says it shows how shabbily TA treated women overall.

If you'd heard Reed's testimony, you'd know that host is grossly mistaken. Reed's testimony did not benefit the defense in any way I can think of. In fact, the prosecution owned the day because each witness reinforced the state's evidence- and in the process, severely undermined the defense's- in several different aspects.

This is the rebuttal phase of the trial, and Reid was a prosecution witness. The prosecution breezed through 4 of their witnesses yesterday; Jacob Medford- a friend of Alexander's who'd made a video which showed Arias and Alexander together and his video was entered into evidence; Amanda Webb, a Wal-Mart employee who testified how all returns and refunds are recorded in the computer and that there was no return for a gas can on June 4th (there were no returns that day, period, and no return for a gas can any time during the following weeks; Chelsey Young, manager for a gas company, who testified how credit card payments are processed (this was in ref: to the individual gas purchases- at one pump and then inside- at a station in Utah); Diana Reed, a former girlfriend of Alexander's who met Alexander in '98 when they both lived in Riverside, Ca. As I recall, they began dating in '00.
Reed's a life-long Mormon, and while she and Alexander were dating, she went on an 18 month mission in Costa Rica. (On missions, missionaries communicate with loved ones through letters only, and they don't receive visitors from home... so that their focus can be on their mission. Reed testified that at some point, Alexander wrote her a letter to say that he wanted to date other people. She returned from Costa Rica in November '04, and within a few weeks began dating Alexander again.
Reed's job took her to Phoenix, and Alexander wanted to buy a home. Since homes were more affordable in Mesa, Alexander bought a home there (the home where he was murdered), and Reed had her own apartment in Phoenix, about 45 minutes away. Eventually, in '06, Reed wanted to marry, but Alexander 'wasn't ready'. She said she sat him down and explained to him that she was moving on. She said he cried...that they both cried.

She testified that Alexander never yelled at her, that they rarely argued; that they had a fun relationship....that they loved each other and liked each other and enjoyed being together. He supported her in her goals. He never hit her, or threatened her in any way, and never called her any names. She said he never disrespected her.
She testified that their relationship during '05 included sex, and they continued to have sex for about a year after which time they discussed it and individually went to their church leaders, and confessed to their transgressions (my word).

She said she knew that Alexander had a rough childhood; that his parents were addicts. There was no physical abuse, but neglect, and living conditions were poor.
She said that his father had died before she met him, and that he was proud of his father when near the end of his life, he tried to straighten out. Reed Had met Alexander's mother, and said that Alexander had fond memories of birthday parties she'd given him. (This testimony was especially emotional for Alexander's family.)

The cross-exam of Reed? Well, cross was unnecessary, and all I remember about it is that it was utterly disgusting.
Nurmi repeatedly used vulgar language..."did he call you 'this or that'?......did he tell you this...did he tell you that?"  despite Reed's prior direct testimony that Alexander never used any such language with her, in any way shape of form.
Whatever points Nurmi was trying to make with such an offensive tactic was completely lost on me.

Edited by regi, 24 April 2013 - 12:48 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users