Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Deal or no deal, ObamaCare taxes poised to hi

docyabut2

Ah, Fox News... The Republican make believe news network. :rolleyes:

Tell me, have you even looked up this subject from anywhere other than Fox News or the 700 club? And don't tell me Rush Limbaugh or anyone on talk radio said so. In other words, try siting from multiple other reliable sources before you jump to conclusions...

• Like 2

I guess I do with this fistal cliff Obama wants to taxed the rich, that will cut the jobs. The republicans wants to cut the entitlements programs such as a medicare and medicad. Obama has alreay cut medicare 500 billion to pay for his obama care, I don`nt see how they can cut medicare any more when so many elders worked hard for that medicare, plus a new tax to pay for obama care, if any thing they ought to cut some of these free lunch and after school medicade programs that get food stamps, what the matter with packing a lunch or a child with a relative.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

I don't find anything wrong with "Obamacare." Is it so wrong to help those who need medical provisitions? Some might claim it increases the deficit and spending, but it wouldn't if Republicans in congress would simply allow tax increases on the rich. Fact is, despite the tax increases applied to the rich, they'll still be very rich. To me it only confirms my assumptions that their only problem with it is simple greed on top of apathy toward the needy.

• Like 1

Taxing the rich won't cut jobs just like giving them a tax break won't create jobs like republicans would have you believe. Cut school lunch programs so that kids will go without a meal, really going to learn something starving. I say feed them so someday they can get a good job and get off welfare.

• Like 2

I don't find anything wrong with "Obamacare." Is it so wrong to help those who need medical provisitions? Some might claim it increases the deficit and spending, but it wouldn't if Republicans in congress would simply allow tax increases on the rich. Fact is, despite the tax increases applied to the rich, they'll still be very rich. To me it only confirms my assumptions that their only problem with it is simple greed on top of apathy toward the needy.

IF taxing the excess wealth of a million or so Americans could solve the problem then I'd be okay with that in principle, I guess...

But the taxes will not just be on "millionaires" it will be on all those making 200,000 per year or couples making 250,000 per year. And even then it will only raise enough money each year to pay less than 2 weeks worth of government operating expenses. I've seen the numbers at between 75 and 80 billion. We are spending about 1,000 billion a year MORE than we are currently taking in in taxes. So the truth is that if we taxed everyone making 200,000 a year AND all millionaires 100% of what they made it STILL would not significantly cut the debt. At this point the debt is not serviceable long term. Maybe the wealthy by and large are unfeeling toward the masses but I don't really believe this. I think a HUGE amount of money is given to charities each year that we never hear about and it sure doesn't come from us poor folks. So Obama will get his tax rises AND he will probably get almost everything else he wants from this republican congress or else the republicans will lose in 2014. But you can expect your own taxes - no matter what you earn, to go up before he has finished this 4 year term. Bank on it.

• Like 2

Of course . All this banter is just to make it look like he fought the good fight .

If anyone wonders why we need to pay more taxes ,well she can explain it best ..

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Ah, Fox News... The Republican make believe news network. :rolleyes:

Tell me, have you even looked up this subject from anywhere other than Fox News or the 700 club? And don't tell me Rush Limbaugh or anyone on talk radio said so. In other words, try siting from multiple other reliable sources before you jump to conclusions...

What do you consider reliable, NBC?

• Like 1

IF taxing the excess wealth of a million or so Americans could solve the problem then I'd be okay with that in principle, I guess...

But the taxes will not just be on "millionaires" it will be on all those making 200,000 per year or couples making 250,000 per year. And even then it will only raise enough money each year to pay less than 2 weeks worth of government operating expenses. I've seen the numbers at between 75 and 80 billion. We are spending about 1,000 billion a year MORE than we are currently taking in in taxes. So the truth is that if we taxed everyone making 200,000 a year AND all millionaires 100% of what they made it STILL would not significantly cut the debt. At this point the debt is not serviceable long term. Maybe the wealthy by and large are unfeeling toward the masses but I don't really believe this. I think a HUGE amount of money is given to charities each year that we never hear about and it sure doesn't come from us poor folks. So Obama will get his tax rises AND he will probably get almost everything else he wants from this republican congress or else the republicans will lose in 2014. But you can expect your own taxes - no matter what you earn, to go up before he has finished this 4 year term. Bank on it.

I'll be sure to personally message you when that happens. :rolleyes:

Just out of personal curiousity, can you honestly tell me that America's economy has gotten worse over the past four years? I mean really? If it hasn't gotten worse yet, it won't get worse suddenly now. Especially since it was pretty much rock bottom cause of Bush.

What do you consider reliable, NBC?

NBC, CNN, Online sources, even Obama himself... It's just like writing a research paper only without the writing. You find multiple sources, look into where they got their information, do the math yourself, and form your own conclusions based on the information you've gathered. Don't just blindly trust one or two networks. ESPECIALLY one that has openly admitted to sending full funding and support to the Republican party (Fox News) and yet people claim is unbiased.

NBC, CNN, Online sources, even Obama himself... It's just like writing a research paper only without the writing. You find multiple sources, look into where they got their information, do the math yourself, and form your own conclusions based on the information you've gathered. Don't just blindly trust one or two networks. ESPECIALLY one that has openly admitted to sending full funding and support to the Republican party (Fox News) and yet people claim is unbiased.

I find NBC and CNN especially suspect for what they don't report but you are obviously happy with hearing from sources that parrot your beliefs and never say a bad thing about your guys. 98% of the journalists at your preferred networks openly support the democrats and donate exclusively to them. Their stories are obviously biased to the left and that makes you feel good because it reaffirms your beliefs so please don't lecture me on your "doing the math and drawing your own conclusions" since your "math" is based on biased information. I would bet, in fact I guarantee you have never watched the news portion of Fox, yet you are absolutely sure they are virulently biased. How? Who told you that and what math did you do to "draw your own conclusions"?

I watched CNN and NBC for years because there was nothing else. We called CNN the Clinton News Network because it adamantly refused to question the man's performance and acts. Massive deceit which is teh reason they are fading away.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 5

I'll be sure to personally message you when that happens. :rolleyes:

Just out of personal curiousity, can you honestly tell me that America's economy has gotten worse over the past four years? I mean really? If it hasn't gotten worse yet, it won't get worse suddenly now. Especially since it was pretty much rock bottom cause of Bush.

Are you serious? The crash happened on W's watch, no doubt. But just because we only began a great recession instead of an outright depression doesn't mean things have gotten or will get, better. It's possible I guess that no matter what Oby does it wont matter but he seems to have almost TRIED to make things stagnate with crippling regulations on business and the tax burden that's hanging like a sword over everyone's head now. Businesses of all stripe have said openly that they have not expanded due to uncertainty about the healthcare law. Now this guy is repeating the same arrogance that marked his first term. He isn't willing to deal at all and is going to force his views down the throats of his detractors. Under his administration and DIRECTLY due to his refusal to deal realistically on the debt last year the US credit rating was downgraded for the first time ever. If a deal isn't struck before 1/1/13 then it will almost certainly be downgraded again. I'm no economist but I do understand that when large amounts of money is taken out of our pockets to give the government then we have much less to spend on things that would fuel the economy and create more jobs. So yeah...I think it really is going to get worse and it's going to bite everyone who works for a living.
  • Like 2

LOL? Are you implying that CNN, NBC, freaking Barack Obama himself, huffington post, thinkprogress, media matters are not giving you unbiased facts and opinions? Your whole argument is the pot calling the kettle black. Debate the topic. Quit trashing the source or at the very least paste a link from one of your sources. How about my favorite one, Barack Obama? He'll give us the straight dope.
  • Like 1

I didn't watch this uninformed entertainment drivel. The the facts are:

PPACA's provisions are intended to be funded by a variety of taxes and offsets, including the individual mandate tax. Major sources of new revenue include a much-broadened Medicare tax on incomes over $200,000 and $250,000, for individual and joint filers respectively, an annual fee on insurance providers, and a 40% excise tax on "Cadillac" insurance policies. The income levels are not adjusted for inflation, leaving the possibility of increased taxes on incomes over 250,000 inflation-adjusted dollars after more than two decades without indexing through bracket creep.[37] There are also taxes on pharmaceuticals, high-cost diagnostic equipment, and a 10% federal sales tax on indoor tanning services. Offsets are from intended cost savings such as changes in the Medicare Advantage program relative to traditional Medicare.[38]

Summary of tax increases: (ten year projection)

• Increase Medicare tax rate by .9% and impose added tax of 3.8% on unearned income for high-income taxpayers: $210.2 billion
  • Charge an annual fee on health insurance providers: $60 billion
  • Impose a 40% excise tax on health insurance annual premiums in excess of $10,200 for an individual or $27,500 for a family: $32 billion
  • Impose an annual fee on manufacturers and importers of branded drugs: $27 billion
  • Impose a 2.3% excise tax on manufacturers and importers of certain medical devices:$20 billion
  • Raise the 7.5% Adjusted Gross Income floor on medical expenses deduction to 10%: $15.2 billion
  • Limit annual contributions to flexible spending arrangements in cafeteria plans to $2,500: $13 billion
  • All other revenue sources: $14.9 billion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Protection_and_Affordable_Care_Act

how are you affected again?

I find NBC and CNN especially suspect for what they don't report but you are obviously happy with hearing from sources that parrot your beliefs and never say a bad thing about your guys. 98% of the journalists at your preferred networks openly support the democrats and donate exclusively to them. Their stories are obviously biased to the left and that makes you feel good because it reaffirms your beliefs so please don't lecture me on your "doing the math and drawing your own conclusions" since your "math" is based on biased information. I would bet, in fact I guarantee you have never watched the news portion of Fox, yet you are absolutely sure they are virulently biased. How? Who told you that and what math did you do to "draw your own conclusions"?

I watched CNN and NBC for years because there was nothing else. We called CNN the Clinton News Network because it adamantly refused to question the man's performance and acts. Massive deceit which is teh reason they are fading away.

Why don't you send me all your sources and proof to back up your own claims, and I'll send you mine. We'll see who's right after that, okay?

LOL? Are you implying that CNN, NBC, freaking Barack Obama himself, huffington post, thinkprogress, media matters are not giving you unbiased facts and opinions? Your whole argument is the pot calling the kettle black. Debate the topic. Quit trashing the source or at the very least paste a link from one of your sources. How about my favorite one, Barack Obama? He'll give us the straight dope.

I said multiple sources, and the ones I listed happen to be a part of those sources. You're being selective with my own quotes. I don't take any of those singular sources as absolute fact, obviously all are biased to some extent. The problem is some are more than others.

Really it doesn't matter since the majority of Americans obviously approve of Obama or he wouldn't be here, so suck it up buddy, he's here to stay. :P

I said multiple sources, and the ones I listed happen to be a part of those sources. You're being selective with my own quotes. I don't take any of those singular sources as absolute fact, obviously all are biased to some extent. The problem is some are more than others.

Really it doesn't matter since the majority of Americans obviously approve of Obama or he wouldn't be here, so suck it up buddy, he's here to stay. :P

Whatever man. All your sources are cut from the same cloth. There is no difference. They all tow the same lines, sometimes literally. Anyway it doesn't seem that you have any purpose here other than to "rub it in our faces" but you missed that boat. We lined up for you on election night and for few days after like good losers. So you get a flag for unsportsman-like conduct.

Whatever man. All your sources are cut from the same cloth. There is no difference. They all tow the same lines, sometimes literally. Anyway it doesn't seem that you have any purpose here other than to "rub it in our faces" but you missed that boat. We lined up for you on election night and for few days after like good losers. So you get a flag for unsportsman-like conduct.

Good losers? Please, every state in the nation with a Republican in it tried to secede. Most of these "good ol' southern white boy Republicans" are still sore about losing the civil war, much less the last election.

Rub it in your faces? Actually, the democrats weren't the ones talkin', the Republicans were. We just went out and voted. That's why the polls said one thing and the actually outcome said another. We don't talk, we do.

Unsportsman-like conduct? Romney's didn't even have the guts to make his concession speech until over an hour after the race had been called, and then afterward claimed Obama only won due to "outstanding rewards" he gave people. No one can claim that that's sportsman like.

Look in the mirror buddy cause it seems to me like the sh**'s hittin' the fan.

• Like 1

Good losers? Please, every state in the nation with a Republican in it tried to secede. Most of these "good ol' southern white boy Republicans" are still sore about losing the civil war, much less the last election.

Rub it in your faces? Actually, the democrats weren't the ones talkin', the Republicans were. We just went out and voted. That's why the polls said one thing and the actually outcome said another. We don't talk, we do.

Unsportsman-like conduct? Romney's didn't even have the guts to make his concession speech until over an hour after the race had been called, and then afterward claimed Obama only won due to "outstanding rewards" he gave people. No one can claim that that's sportsman like.

Dude this is what I'm talking about. Your side can't even win graciously. You're more than a month late to this parade and the people I was talking about were people here on UM. Most of us showed up to the forums and took our lashings but we aren't pushovers. You think we should just cower with our tails between our legs because you won? I don't think so. You're just looking for a fight and BTW I was gracious enough to publically say good job to the dems on election night on the very thread dedicated to that at the time. Why the blather about Romney? You think I'm gonna defend him? Yea right!

And about those outstanding rewards it seems that he was probably right in some cases. Here I present to you the non-diverse very stereotypical Obama voter who happens to be the Detroit City Council. Yes, these are your peeps. http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=238791&hl=

Edited by -Mr_Fess-

I'm a "Good Ole Southern White Boy" and quite frankly I take offense to your post. It wreaks of uninformed ignorance, but I will let that go for now... As for your bolded statement... Yes... the poop is flying and quite a few of us "Good Ole Southern Boys" and "Those Darn Yanks" alike can see whats happening... If you didnt have your back to the fan you'd see it coming as well.

• Like 3

I just noticed you're a noob here. But you are not forgiven. And my unsportsman like conduct comment was an attempt at being humorous. I wasn't looking for a new liberal enemy here but clearly you came to fight. Good luck. Thus far you haven't provided an ounce of substance and you are going to get torn to shreds here by everybody if you keep up such nonsense. So far, I've been nice.

Oh, I know, I'm just out to demonize you and the Republican party. :rolleyes:

Everything I stated there was fact, something you yourselves don't deny. I'm well aware of "good ol' southern white boys" since I have members in my own family that are. If you really want the sources then I will, but why bother really if you'll just slap the label of "democratically biased" on everything. None the less, I'll post sources if you truly wish. I'm not out for a fight, I'm just stating facts, and if people don't like that then so be it. I'm used to this kind of treatment from conservatives like yourselves. I wasn't looking for any enemies, but if you wanna call me that then so be it. It's not like I haven't had any enemies before.

If you really want the sources then I will, but why bother really if you'll just slap the label of "democratically biased" on everything

And just what will you say when someone uses Fox? Pot meet kettle. They all slant and they all overhype and they all put out inaccuracies. Only when you can take from these sources and develops your own opinion will you be validated. Hey, sometimes I'm guilty of reacting to a headline but when my faults are pointed out I'll own up to it. But don't dare show up here claiming NBC and CNN are varied and unbiased and never use THINKPROGRESS or MEDIAMATTERS and expect to be taken seriously. Those two, especially the latter, have been proven to post straight up lies and slander with full intent.

• Like 1

Oh, I know, I'm just out to demonize you and the Republican party. :rolleyes:

Everything I stated there was fact, something you yourselves don't deny. I'm well aware of "good ol' southern white boys" since I have members in my own family that are. If you really want the sources then I will, but why bother really if you'll just slap the label of "democratically biased" on everything. None the less, I'll post sources if you truly wish. I'm not out for a fight, I'm just stating facts, and if people don't like that then so be it. I'm used to this kind of treatment from conservatives like yourselves. I wasn't looking for any enemies, but if you wanna call me that then so be it. It's not like I haven't had any enemies before.

Just What exacty have you stated? All I've seen is the classic "fox is false" and "Republicans are racist inbred Hicks" and the "We won so sit down and enjoy the ride" rants.... you can't call it a statement until you say something with substance. How about starting with the run down on the cost of "obamacare" from the CBO and a variety of independent studies... show where exactly the money to pay for all this comes from... then delve into How much money this is going to cost the average American family in the years to come. Oh... and post links other than biased organisations or MSM as your sourcing because thats about the only way you will survive here....

• Like 2