Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Right-wing fear of government isn't paranoid

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

After IRS scandal: Right-wing fear of government isn't paranoid

Whatever the motivations for the IRS targeting conservative groups, it has drawn condemnation from across the political spectrum. Liberals also worry the scandal will feed right-wing paranoia of government. But for conservatives, fear of federal agencies is rooted in history, not hysteria.

Last week’s revelation that the Internal Revenue Service targeted conservative groups was met with near universal disapproval. The IRS singled out organizations with words like "tea party" and "patriot" in their name for scrutiny. In the words of Treasury officials, this focus was clearly “inappropriate.”

Taken from http://news.yahoo.co...-162227877.html

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons, 18 May 2013 - 06:21 PM.
2c. Plagiarism and copyright: ...Members are asked to copy only as much as is necessary when quoting material from external sources, do not copy and paste entire articles or web pages.

#2    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:54 PM

And this is why I don't like politics, slandering and bad mouthing. It isn't debates anymore, more of a competition who can make the other look worse....

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#3    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,894 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:06 PM

It is better to stand IN the political aisle in this country. There is more power of The People if we are standing IN the aisle.
That said, I once heard from a GOP source that the Russian mafia was partially funding The Tea Party. I think you have to remember that the USA CIA conceived of the formation of radial madrasses to fight the Russians in an opium-rich Afghanistan. The Russia we knew as Iwas growing up crashed and burned. It stands to reason that Russis would strike back in very covert ways. The adage "what goes around, comes around" is at play here.

It also stands to reason that even the GOP didn't like the Tea Party in so many ways because they were out of political party control. So it could well be that the IRS was also asked by the GOP to look into the financing of the Tea Party.

I have to say that this country needs at least five media-honored political parties. In instigating this, the voice of the people is more likely to be heard.

You have to admit that some of what the Tea Party stood for was reasonable and worth paying attention to. No wonder they were so attacked. Both USA political parties had much to gain from the demise of the Tea Party.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#4    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,008 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

And yet oddly enough conservatives want to govern what people do in their bedrooms.

#5    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 18 May 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

And yet oddly enough conservatives want to govern what people do in their bedrooms.

Uh, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms....

#6    Euphorbia

Euphorbia

Odd Plant Grower

• 1,267 posts

• You can't just choose to believe something.

Believing in something doesn't make it true.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostKowalski, on 18 May 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Uh, I don't care what people do in their bedrooms....

Then you are in the minority amongst conservatives!

Get three coffins ready.

My mistake, four coffins.

Separation of corporation and state!

#7    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,986 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:40 PM

After IRS scandal: Right-wing fear of government isn't paranoid

1. it's not a scandal

2. they were possibly breaking the law

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#8    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:50 PM

View Postninjadude, on 18 May 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

1. it's not a scandal

2. they were possibly breaking the law

Excuse me, but the only people who were breaking the law were the IRS. Just like usual. But I guess it's okay since you weren't the one being targeted....

View PostEuphorbia, on 18 May 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Then you are in the minority amongst conservatives!

I believe in smaller government. And that means we need to stay out of everyone's business. If gays want to get married let them. I could care less what people do in their personal lives. Like I don't agree with abortion, but I don't feel the need to ram my ideology down someone else's throat, you know what I mean?

#9    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• 1,929 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:31 PM

If there was not a historical foundation of out of control Government...then there would be nothing to fear.  But the history of the world has far too many examples of overpowering Gov.

Inevitably, the Gov that starts out the smallest....eventually becomes the largest.  In their journey of growth, they seemingly feel the need to justify their positions...so they legislate and legislate and legislate...even when there is nothing really broken, they do it anyway.  They create more laws, regulations and controls and then have to create organizations to enforce them....an ugly and wicked spiral down the drain.

I personally think we are through the threshold and beyond the tipping point.  Gov is not now going to suddenly diminish it's presence....we are pretty much screwed at this point.

I have spent a lot of thought on the topic of how we can "get back" what so many have willingly given away...joyously throwing their freedoms and rights at the boots of their overlords....I have come to the conclusion there are very few real solutions...this one being the most likely...

Posted Image

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:01 AM

View PostJeremiah65, on 18 May 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

If there was not a historical foundation of out of control Government...then there would be nothing to fear.  But the history of the world has far too many examples of overpowering Gov.

Inevitably, the Gov that starts out the smallest....eventually becomes the largest.  In their journey of growth, they seemingly feel the need to justify their positions...so they legislate and legislate and legislate...even when there is nothing really broken, they do it anyway.  They create more laws, regulations and controls and then have to create organizations to enforce them....an ugly and wicked spiral down the drain.

I personally think we are through the threshold and beyond the tipping point.  Gov is not now going to suddenly diminish it's presence....we are pretty much screwed at this point.

I have spent a lot of thought on the topic of how we can "get back" what so many have willingly given away...joyously throwing their freedoms and rights at the boots of their overlords....I have come to the conclusion there are very few real solutions...this one being the most likely...

Posted Image

I have to agree. Too many are more concerned with the Kardashians then with their rights being taken away.

Edited by Kowalski, 19 May 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#11    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,986 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

View PostKowalski, on 18 May 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

Excuse me, but the only people who were breaking the law were the IRS.

Really? prove that outlandish declaration. The IG said there was no law broken.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#12    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

View Postninjadude, on 19 May 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Really? prove that outlandish declaration. The IG said there was no law broken.

Isn't targeting political groups against the law?
Pretty sure there is something in the Constitution about that....

But, hey, I guess it doesn't matter since you weren't the one who was targeted.
Remember this VERY well, it may happen to you:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist..

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I didn't speak up,