Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cirque du Soleil acrobat dies in fall

cirque du soleil sarah guyard-guillot acrobat fall

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16    third_eye

third_eye

§_Ő M „ Ġ Ó ń ∆ Ř Ī Ł Ş_ §

• 6,968 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

i guess things classed in blood sport would hurt the economy if they ceased to be as well as any dangerous form of entertainement its funny how both beautiful things and grotesque things need to function so the world turns, i love the irony in life

It is just the state of what has become ... until it becomes something else ...

Posted Image

let's hope someday in the future things are as clear as it is to focus on ...

~

Edited by third_eye, 01 July 2013 - 03:37 PM.

' ... life and death carry on as they always have ~ and always will, only the dreamer is gone ~ behind the flow of imagination, beyond any effort to be still
dancing in the ebb and flow of attention, more present than the breath, I find the origins of my illusions, only the dreamer is gone ~ the dream never ends
'

GIFTS WITH NO GIVER - a love affair with truth ~ Poems by Nirmala

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#17    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

View Postthird_eye, on 01 July 2013 - 03:36 PM, said:

It is just the state of what has become ... until it becomes something else ...

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/421326_10152875503720475_1997955926_n.jpg

let's hope someday in the future things are as clear as it is to focus on ...

~
the secret to change is to focus,not fighting old, but building the new-socrates

short quote from the original just putting a point

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#18    Lorelilly

Lorelilly

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 44 posts

• Godís drifting in heaven, devilís in the mailbox
    I got dust on my shoes, nothing but teardrops.

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postkannin, on 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

i guess things classed in blood sport would hurt the economy if they ceased to be as well as any dangerous form of entertainement its funny how both beautiful things and grotesque things need to function so the world turns, i love the irony in life
  Cirque du Soleil is not, nor has it ever been, a blood sport. I also need to say most people do not attend the show hoping to see a fall or a disaster.

Cirque shows are breathtaking. The storytelling, the costumes, the colors and the dancers are so beautiful on so many levels. They are meant to transport the audience to a wonderful never-ever land. To leave them enthralled and entranced. Sitting on the edge of their seat, staring in disbelief and wonder. Cirque du Soleil takes each audience member on a journey, and I dare say, a journey they never expected and won't soon forget.

Cirque has been in existence for 30 years. In that time one performer, Oleksandr Zhurov, who was training on a trampoline in 2009 fell and died due to head injuries. And the sad accident and tragedy of Sarah Guyard-Guillot on June 29, 2013.

pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until in our despair there comes wisdom through the awful grace of God  ~Aeschylus

#19    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

It is very sad because it doesn't really appear to have been a mistake on her own part, if indeed the accident was due to her safety wire failing in some way. Anyway, very sad. Dangerous occupation, but still.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users