Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Good News For Everyone Who Hates Bush...

Dowdy

For everyone who hates bush, i have good news for you. He is going to have a assassination attempt on him, weather he dies or not is a different story....

since it doesn't show the link in the address bar, here is the info.

Legend: A death curse threatens U.S. Presidents elected in years evenly divisible by twenty.

Origins: With one exception, since 1840, U.S. Presidents who have been elected in years ending in zero have been killed or have died of natural causes while in office. And the one exception literally came within an inch of death.

It's hard to know what to make of such a sequence, but folks have certainly tried over the years. Such a string of presidential mortality is deemed too improbable to have occurred naturally, giving rise to rumors about a fatal Indian curse among those unwilling to recognize that chaos sometimes takes the form of coincidence. Randomness is disquieting; Indian curses are, in comparison, the lesser of the evils because they at least support the illusion that there is order in our universe. In an odd way, belief in Indian curses is comforting.

Died Under the "Curse"

1840 ... William Henry Harrison

1860 ... Abraham Lincoln

1880 ... James A. Garfield

1900 ... William McKinley

1920 ... Warren G. Harding

1940 ... Franklin D. Roosevelt

1960 ... John F. Kennedy

William Henry Harrison, who was elected in 1840, died at the age of 68 after delivering his inaugural address unprotected by an overcoat on a cold, drizzly day. Harrison spoke for an hour and 40 minutes, became ill, and died of pneumonia exactly one month later in April 1841.

Abraham Lincoln, first elected in 1860, was assassinated just after embarking on his second term in office in 1865.

James A. Garfield won the 1880 election. He was shot in the back in a Washington railroad station waiting room in July 1881 and died of his wounds in September 1881.

William McKinley was re-elected in 1900. In September 1901, after giving a speech at an exposition in Buffalo, he was shot while shaking hands with wellwishers. McKinley died of his wounds a little more than a week later.

Warren G. Harding, elected in 1920, expired of a stroke or heart attack in 1923. It was long rumored his wife had poisoned him.

Elected to an unprecedented third term in 1940, Franklin D. Roosevelt, suffered a massive cerebral hemorrhage and died just after having started an equally unprecedented fourth term in 1945.

John F. Kennedy was elected in 1960 and assassinated in 1963.

Ronald Reagan was elected in 1980 but managed to cheat the Grim Reaper by a matter of an inch, the distance by which a would-be assassin's bullet missed his heart in 1981.

Maybe Reagan also broke the "every 20 years" curse. Or maybe it's just sleeping..........

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dowdy

• Kismit

• EMIN3MSGURL217

• Phantom

Top Posters In This Topic

Dowdy,

Although I think Bush is a cute little chimpface..and I don't agree with some of his ignorant views, I still don't want him dead...

So let's hope Reagan did break the curse... ph34r.gif

I've heard of the curse before .. and as much as I disagree with the greedy war monger I wouldn't want to see him killed either .

OMG!

Kill Bush! I dont really like him much nd i wish he werent the president right now. He doesnt know how to handle some situations very well. Even though I dont like him and many others dont too (Marshall, especially you!! wub.gif ) I dont want to see him killed.