Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

so my wife is pregnant...

Bizarro

and im wondering if some of you ladies here that have children would please tell me what in the hell is going on! she is crying constantly, sick from dawn to dusk, demanding in every possible way, completely lacking in any sort of civility... this is not the woman i married!

is this normal? she is normally so much nicer and forcing me to go out and do things. now she just lays around all day huffing and puffing about things. last night she finished an art project and asked me what i thought of it, i told her it was fabulous but i might choose a different frame (im just being honest, i didn't like the frame). she went ballistic and cried off and on all night about it. she kept saying all these things about me hating her art and being completely psycho. argh! help please sad.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bizarro

• FreyKade

• reese2

• emmy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

unsure.gif DS believe me when U say and most of the women who have had kids here will attest that it is 'RAGING HORMONES....... wink.gif

Congrats Damien, something tells me that this is normal and the further along she gets with it the worse it will get, although not all women are like it, some of them are not effected.

actually, im thinking it has something to do with a little bit of me growing in her. i feel sorry for her, i know if it were me in there i'd be raising hell trying to get out. i can't wait to meet this little baby, he or she is gonna be a feisty one like Daddy smile.gif

DS, I hope you'll be even more understanding

than you normally are. smile.gif

First of all, congratulations! I can tell you from personal experience that the tears are normal. I bawled like a baby all the time with both my girls. Just be patient with her, she'll have days when she cries and has no idea why. And not too scare you or anything, but soon she may start having insecurities. Ah, the joys of motherhood! Not to worry though, the last 3 months she probably won't be as emotional. I know it sounds terrifying to a new dad-to-be, but it's worth it when you finally get to hold that little piece of heaven.

DO NOT under any circumstance tell her that she is suffering from hormones (although that is what it is ) biggrin.gif unless you like the couch and think it's a cozy place to sleep of course .

Congratulations Shwartz wub.gif There is no doubt in my mind that you have a little Damian in the womb wink.gif I think it's lovely .

Your wife will not be her self for at least a few months yet but she wont be able to see it for atleast a few years .

I hope your both well It is supposed to be almost as hard for the Father as it is for the Mother.

But remember her body is going through drastic changes at this moment just be there keep quiet and nod when necissary biggrin.gif

WOOHOO

thanks for all the advice. ive been as understanding as possible. she even apologized for screaming at me so much on Sunday. i still remember the lovely quote of the day, "im going to get off this couch and stab you to death with a butcher knife!" i tried to smile and calm her but im a little scared of this maniac woman she has become. god, no one told me i was in for this laugh.gif

the main problem i am having is that i get no sleep anymore. she is always up, tossing around, complaining about being uncomfortable or sick again. combine the lack of sleep with the ticking clock in my head telling me i need to earn double the money i make now in 6 months and its really tough. i work late into the night trying to make enough art to get into shows and galleries. also, im going to set up a website selling our art. maybe between all these ideas i can make enough money to support us. ive been praying a lot.

WOW Your gonna be a daddy.

Well Congratulations!!! If you think you've got worries now just wait untill 6mths time when Damien Jnr arrives, all the worries you have now will seem so insignifigent. When you look in your First borns eyes, the rush of love will hit you hard.

Suddenly the world is a very scary place.

But you won't want it any other way.

Enjoy these next 6mths cause when you join the ranks of us Parents you'll realise there is so much more to life. wub.gif

Just tell your wife she's the most important person in the world to you now, as she's bringing your world to life! smile.gif

By the way my cats pregnant and she bit my son on the nose today so I'v had to do the whole explaining about hormones thing to him, 7yr olds arn't tolarant of Hormones!!! biggrin.giftongue.gifwink.gif

DS,

I hate to mention this, but you did say you wanted lots of kids, in another thread. Hopefully you will now see this through a lens of a different color. I have two girls. Raven and Falcon, and when I was pregnant, it was awful!! I hated it with a passion. So much so that I will never have anymore. I was pretty much the same way. So, she is pretty normal there.

About losing sleep, you have to get used to that, because believe me once that baby comes, your life is no longer your own. You will never sleep, and you will forever be tired. Just try to understand that she is very uncomfortable, and probably very scared. Having a life depend on you is the hardest thing to do. You will do fine, just make sure you take the time to be completely understanding of the situation..

I feel so bad for her........

sad.gif

Reese

Forgot to mention this.. Now you have the really fun part on picking names, and believe me, that is the most important start to their lives here.... Just pick something really unique and cool..... cool.gif

i fi ever have kids, i would want thier names to be:

boy:????

girl: Amber, Xanthe or Zan

Nice names DS,

skalra63 my little girls middle name is Amber....

When I was pregnant I had half decided on Phoebe Kaitlin, or Rhiannon Amber... or Morgainne

Boys names were Joshua, Rhys, Symon, but didn't really like them as I knew it was a girl tongue.gif

As far as I'm concerned, a girl would be Marine, Marina, Julia or June...and I'm still wondering for a boy...

I like all those names, very cool..

I am of course am partial to mine though, hehehe. tongue.gif

I like the name marina, very nice.. Even London for a boy is nice.

Or Nevada.. I wanted to name Falcon, Nevada Bailey, but of course everyone in the world hated that one... So, I came up with a collective theme and stuck to it.lol

Reese

nice celtic, the onnly problem, i cant find a name i like for a boy. hopefully, whoever i have that baby with, has a good idea for a boys name

Regarding names if I ever had kids my choice for boys would be Ethan, Joel or Samuel and if I had girls Hannah, Megan or Olivia.

Congrats Damian!!!!! You chose the same name I would choose for my second son (the first one has got to be Frederick, for all firstborn males with a father called Frederick, must be called the same, it's been like that for seven generations)!!!!

And if I had a girl she would be called: - Ysabella Marie

In anycase congratulations mate!!!!!!