Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

passing out for no reason.

notoverrated

so i know 2 people that pass out for no reason it seems does anyone have any ideas to what this can be? and is it something that should be checked out more? they have both been to the doctors and they didnt do anything for them.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• notoverrated

• Still Waters

• Wyrdlight

• Viviana98

Tell them to consult another doctor if the problem re-occurs. Passing out for no reason sounds like something serious.

If it was me I'd certainly pursue it until I found out why.

Blood sugar comes to mind- requires tests to know for sure. Some people drop like a brick at the sight of blood or needles or when visiting someone in the hospital. It could be caused by a lot of things however, not just my off the cuff suggestions.

The trouble with fainting is it might not kill you but if it happens while driving or if you hit your head on something...pretty dangerous.

Edited by QuiteContrary

Maybe sodium levels are low also, but this is basic stuff any doctor should pick that up - not sure why the doctors arnt doing anything or concerned themselfs.

thax for the help guys and idk why the docs havnt found anything out (both of them are not related so its not liek a family thing)

Vasovagal fainting might be one of more than one factors, a common one is low blood sugar. When do they pass out? Do they skip breakfast? If this might be a contributing issue, they should always at least have a glass of juice and some cereal soon after waking up if a bigger breakfast isn't possible.

Vasovagal fainting might be one of more than one factors, a common one is low blood sugar. When do they pass out? Do they skip breakfast? If this might be a contributing issue, they should always at least have a glass of juice and some cereal soon after waking up if a bigger breakfast isn't possible.

one of them doesnt eat alot but the otherone is pretty healthy eats breakfast everyday sleeps good dinner and lunch (about 5'2 and 115 lbs)

Vasovegal has to do with your nervous system. Having low blood sugars can make you feel light headed and dizzy, people get shaky, etc. Low blood pressure is usually the common reason for a vasovegal response though. But anything that triggers the nervous system and causes it to cut off oxygen making the person pass out is not good and your friend should most definitely get a second opinion!!

• 1 month later...

Happened to me a couple of times. Atrributed to low blood pressure/blood sugar and a sudden raise in heart rate.

Say exercise with low blood sugar or getting out of a hot bath to fast.

Sorry -

Rule 2i. Medical advice: Do not use the forum to request or provide help with medical conditions or medications, you are always best to seek the advice of your doctor.

Thread Closed