Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More NASA UFO's?

Alisdair.MacDonald

Are these UFO's?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do these videos contain images of UFO's?

jeeeeezus I'm new to the image...it looks interesting, probably a bit of a mystery by the looks of it.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition....

:no:

:innocent:

NOBODY_EXPECTS_THE_SPANISH_INQUISITION.jpg

• Like 1

jeeeeezus I'm new to the image...it looks interesting, probably a bit of a mystery by the looks of it.

I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition....

As I said before, I'm just not going to respond to it any more. I'm done engaging in such "discussions".

As I said before, I'm just not going to respond to it any more. I'm done engaging in such "discussions".

I know... :tu:

edit...thanks for putting the pictures here...anyone who wants to can do their own research...

Edited by bee

edit...thanks for putting the pictures here...anyone who wants to can do their own research...

Interesting to see how MG does a 'post and run', refusing to defend even his OWN presented evidence, with Bee's concurrence.

I've already done my research. The pictures are zero evidence for any 'space UFOs'.

sorry... were you able to download the pdf? :wacko:

Got it, cool idea. Underscores the importance of documenting eyewitnesses' anomalous sightings with contextual information. Meteors do cause bizarre electromagnetic effects, such as the 'meteor sounds' long reported and pooh-pooheed by know-it-all scientists. Fortunately, modern instrumentation has captured enough of these 'electrop[honic sounds' and the radio noise pulse that creates them, from the meteor foreball trail.

But I don't see any connection with the supposed Apollo-7 photos of 'green fireballs'. My investigation persuades me they are at least second-generation emulsion flaws since they are not in the first-generation prints.

Edited by JimOberg

"Occassionally, besides sprites and jets, highly accelerated balls of plasmoids are seen ejected from charged thunderstorm cloud tops to the ionosphere. We regard these upward plasmoids as ball lightning"

http://pop.aip.org/resource/1/phpaen/v13/i7/p072102_s1?bypassSSO=1

My investigation persuades me they are at least second-generation emulsion flaws since they are not in the first-generation prints.

oh, i was not aware of that... are they available online? i haven't looked

"Occassionally, besides sprites and jets, highly accelerated balls of plasmoids are seen ejected from charged thunderstorm cloud tops to the ionosphere. We regard these upward plasmoids as ball lightning"

It was to make opportunistic observations of unknown visual lightning-like phenomena such as these, that a special shuttle observation program called 'Mesoscale Lightning Experiment' was started in about 1989 or so, under the direction of Dr. Otha 'Skeet' Vaughan. Practically all the 'shuttle UFO' videos most famous on youtube came from cameras operating for that program. But Vaughan knew how to filter out shuttle-associated debris from the real stuff he was looking for, while youtubers didn't -- and still don't.

oh, i was not aware of that... are they available online? i haven't looked

I talked to a guy who had a set at home, since he was the guy who took them.

It was to make opportunistic observations of unknown visual lightning-like phenomena such as these, that a special shuttle observation program called 'Mesoscale Lightning Experiment' was started in about 1989 or so, under the direction of Dr. Otha 'Skeet' Vaughan. Practically all the 'shuttle UFO' videos most famous on youtube came from cameras operating for that program. But Vaughan knew how to filter out shuttle-associated debris from the real stuff he was looking for, while youtubers didn't -- and still don't.

thanks a lot... :tu:

http://www.gr.ssr.up...ov/shuttle.html

can you recall any other experiments concerning similar observations?

plasma related... :P

Edited by mcrom901

Green Fireball Film Found Buried in NASA Archives

(AS07-6-1700)

In scouring the deepest recesses of official NASA archived images online, located were photos and film of the Green Fireball taken from space that to my eyes are nothing short of astounding. And I was equally astounded that at least one other has also found the same thing.

In May of this year researcher Wilbur Allen spoke at a small conference which featured a call-in from his friend, Moon-walker Dr. Edgar Mitchell. Mr. Allen (who has professional interest in photography and was once employed as a White House engineer) delivered a presentation that included a brief segment of film that somehow made its way passed NASA censors. The film, taken by Apollo 7 in 1968, has been discovered to include clear moving images of a Green Fire Ball that is exiting –not entering- the Earth’s atmosphere. Further, it careens into space and is photographed by the astronauts! Allen notes yet another astronaut-filmed image of a Green Fireball in space which has received very little notice involving Buzz Aldrin- a man whose comments on ET have been both full of hints and contradictions. Allen also provides a striking comparative analysis of green fireballs using a solarization imaging technique.

You can see this very-little-viewed film here now, with the relevant portion beginning at about 1:58 of this 8 minute clip. It is best seen in a darkened room, full-screen at a minimally 480p quality resolution:

Green Fireball Filmed by NASA Exiting Earth

Below is a clear, still image of the Green Ball. (Excuse the crude box used to highlight the object. The NASA original is a much larger image not suitable to show here due to space constraints).

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CFcQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbragalia.blogspot.com%2F2012%2F07%2Freturn-of-incredible-green-fireballs.html&ei=ZHClUPOkM-OV0QGAuoCwDg&usg=AFQjCNFUVgC_exwGwNGvW89FVNvvpElfQA&sig2=ZqnTRx0H3QjhJ77WRMpFew

• Like 1

Green Fireballs have always been the most interesting and enigmatic of UFOs, going back to the 1940s. This one was leaving the earth's atmosphere rather than entering it, and is certainly worthy of further research.

Green Fireballs have always been the most interesting and enigmatic of UFOs, going back to the 1940s. This one was leaving the earth's atmosphere rather than entering it, and is certainly worthy of further research.

They are still quite common, and it seems when one shows up many do. Late last year one was seen, and when reported, comments where made by many people. LINK

However, as convincing as the image is, I think Jim is right, it seems to be ink splatter. I have to say that I was not convinced with that explanation until I tracked down the original picture, and it has green spots all over it. Even on the borders. When I saw the big picture, that explanation seems pretty sound. The fireball in question is in the middle of the arch created by the window about 3/4's the way down. There is quite a curly one near the top right as you look at it too. To be quite honest, it does not appear to be travelling in an upwards direction.

This article is more like the Anthony we have come to know and love :D

LINK to the NASA page

The Big Pic (Click for full size and better detail)

AS07-5-1613.JPG

Edited by psyche101

This is the original AS07-6-1700 that was taken over Iran.

It has green spots all over it too, and not travelling upwards but horizontal, but Bragalia lists NASA AS07-5-1613?

It has green spots all over it too, and not travelling upwards but horizontal, but Bragalia lists NASA AS07-5-1613?

There are at least two different ones, taken over Saudi Arabia and then Iran, but it certainly is correct that the green spots are the official NASA explanation.

There are at least two different ones, taken over Saudi Arabia and then Iran, but it certainly is correct that the green spots are the official NASA explanation.

Looking at the green spots in the borders, it does seem a viable explanation, however I agree it is quite a co-incidence that one of the green spots does happen to look very much like a fireball. That Co-incidence threw me, but the overall picture does seem to remove some of that mystery.

Looking at the green spots in the borders, it does seem a viable explanation, however I agree it is quite a co-incidence that one of the green spots does happen to look very much like a fireball. That Co-incidence threw me, but the overall picture does seem to remove some of that mystery.

Can't you tell psyche? NASA is trying to trick us into thinking its just an emulsion of some kind by dripping little green dots along the edge...

But even so, it's quite clear what this is...

picture-7.png

Can't you tell psyche? NASA is trying to trick us into thinking its just an emulsion of some kind by dripping little green dots along the edge...

But even so, it's quite clear what this is...

Nothing like that would ever surprise me, of course.

Nothing like that would ever surprise me, of course.

I know, but of course I was only joking.

Whatever those green fireballs are, they are cool looking. :tu:

Cheers McG.

I'm not aware of ANY 'official' NASA explanation of the greenies on some of the photos. can anybody claiming there IS one please cite some NASA official making the assertion the images are photo flaws?

Here's the view of the guy who TOOK the photos, Walt Cunningham, an old friend of mine:

> From: Walter Cunningham

> To: 'James E Oberg'

> Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2012 4:50 PM

> Subject: RE: UFO Green Fireballs from Apollo-7 photography

>

> Jim, as you know, I took a majority of the pictures on Apollo 7. My original copy of the 440 pictures that we took have been sitting on top of my file cabinet since November 1968. While I laughed at the suggestion of “green fireballs,” I nevertheless took the time to look at the originals, which of course, are devoid of anything like the so-called fireballs. The marks on the posted copies have artifacts, obviously from the processing. No, we weren’t being followed by little green men.

>

> Walt Cunningham

>

>

>

• Like 3