Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are magazine ghost stories fake ?

NightScreams

I bought a ghost book at the bookstore that has a bunch of stories from Fate magazine. I have never read the mags but I know they've been around forever. I just wondered if it was one of those....write me a story and I'll publish it...sorts of things. If so then I think it's safe to say that many of those stores are probably made up.

Was there any research done by the team into those stories? Did they go out and obtain them or were they just written in to them by people? Just trying to figure out if I should take these stories with any grain of salt. Usually I like to research who wrote the article...etc before I even accept the story as tangible.

Years ago, I used to read Paranormal Magazine. The stories sounded really fake to me, like the same guy just made stuff up.

Edited by NightScreams

I used to read Fate Magazine years ago, and just put it off as entertainment just as some parts of the Internet today.I noticed creative writers submitting stories as true.

These magazines tend to blow up stories out of proportion. Some are just weird and others bs.

I found that in some magazines post stories by people who are advertising their websites or businesses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMO the stories are absolutely real -you can read them, they exist... The events however - not so much...

• Like 2

The stories are as real as the submissions to Penthouse Letters that start off with "I never thought it would happen..."

Nibs

• Like 5

The stories are as real as the submissions to Penthouse Letters that start off with "I never thought it would happen..."

Nibs

Hey now! Those ARE REAL!!!... I can't count the times I've been driving down a country road and I see the entire Swedish Bikini Team standing by the road trying to hitchhike...

(but then I usually wake up... sigh)...

• Like 2

Nibs

You take that back!!!! Those letter are 100% real and beyond impeachment!!!

• Like 1

Some of the stories in Fate Magazine are real. They did an article about the appearances of the Virgin Mary at Zeuiton,Eygpt near Cairo years ago.

They had photos of a woman's figure that appeared near the dome of St.Mary's Coptic Church. You can Google Our Lady of Zeuiton which is approved by the Coptic and Orthodox Church. As a roman catholic,you don't see much on it. Maybe because Our Lady appeared to christians and muslims, and didn't give any messages .She was visible to everyone,no children having visions like at Fatima or Lourdes. Lights were seen in the shape of doves flying around or near the figure.There is a photo of Mary standing with a dove over her head. The Holy Spirit is depicted in art as a dove. So yes,some of these stories are real.