Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 3 votes

New Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened

noahs ark great flood robert ballard black sea

  • Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#31    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:28 PM

View Postallanp, on 12 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Just look at the geophysical evidence - after the last ice age (10-12,000 years ago) the worlds oceans rose around 100 metres (300 feet). Thus the Atlantic flooded the Mediterranean "valley", Black Sea, etc... There would have been a lot of people living in the valley, including Noah, as it was part of the Fertile Crescent.

But it didn't happen in 40 days.

It took thousands of years.


#32    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,366 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postallanp, on 12 December 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Just look at the geophysical evidence - after the last ice age (10-12,000 years ago) the worlds oceans rose around 100 metres (300 feet). Thus the Atlantic flooded the Mediterranean "valley", Black Sea, etc... There would have been a lot of people living in the valley, including Noah, as it was part of the Fertile Crescent.

You need to push back your dates a bit. The oceans rose c.120 meters from the Last Glacial Maximum, which would be c.18,000 BC. By c.6000 BC they were nearly where they are now.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#33    lightdefeatsdark

lightdefeatsdark

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Joined:12 Dec 2012

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

No Abe. In this case I'm talking about the use of 3760 BC, per the Jewish calendar, as the date of Creation. Which is what 'lightdefeatsdark' is using while not realizing when that would place the Great Flood. So whether this poster realizes it or not, they've invalidated their own speculation.

cormac

I love how everyone focused on the date i put as their replies and not on the actual content of the post itself.


#34    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:34 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 09:30 PM, said:

You need to push back your dates a bit. The oceans rose c.120 meters from the Last Glacial Maximum, which would be c.18,000 BC. By c.6000 BC they were nearly where they are now.

cormac

No, that was some 2000 years later.


#35    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:35 PM

View Postlightdefeatsdark, on 12 December 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I love how everyone focused on the date i put as their replies and not on the actual content of the post itself.

But the date is important to the story.


#36    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:40 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

No Abe. In this case I'm talking about the use of 3760 BC, per the Jewish calendar, as the date of Creation. Which is what 'lightdefeatsdark' is using while not realizing when that would place the Great Flood. So whether this poster realizes it or not, they've invalidated their own speculation.

cormac

If only we could prove that the people in the 19th century used some sort of keyboard, then a -0- is next to a -9- , hah.

2104...2194


#37    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,366 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

View Postlightdefeatsdark, on 12 December 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

This is assuming the day cycle was the same it is now. which its not, you would get 12 full hours of sunlight a day and no seasons worldwide

That's certainly not based on any scientific evidence. The earth is on a 41,000 year loop where axial tilt ranges from about 22 to 24.5 degrees. It's never been 0 degrees.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#38    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,366 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:44 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 12 December 2012 - 09:34 PM, said:

No, that was some 2000 years later.

I did say "nearly".

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#39    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 09:44 PM, said:

I did say "nearly".

cormac

LOL


#40    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:51 PM

View Postlightdefeatsdark, on 12 December 2012 - 09:32 PM, said:

I love how everyone focused on the date i put as their replies and not on the actual content of the post itself.

The date is important, for if they ever find some wooden planks belonging to some boat-like structure on some mountain, they will radiocarbon date it.


#41    Abramelin

Abramelin

    -

  • Member
  • 18,085 posts
  • Joined:07 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

  • God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 12 December 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postlightdefeatsdark, on 12 December 2012 - 09:23 PM, said:

This is assuming the day cycle was the same it is now. which its not, you would get 12 full hours of sunlight a day and no seasons worldwide


It IS the same.

You can give us any references for the cycle being different 4000 years ago?

We love references.


#42    Arbenol68

Arbenol68

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Zealand

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

The news story is not
"Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened"


It's evidence that a flood event occurred in the region of the Black Sea associated with melting ice caps and rising sea levels. The Bible tells of a flood that covered all land and killed everyone that wasn't on the ark. It was caused by rain and happened because everyone was being very naughty.

There's a huge difference.

Maybe the media should refrain from eye-catching and misleading headlines, and instead report things a little more accurately.

eg "Evidence For The Flood Event That Inspired The Legend of Noah's Ark"


#43    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,366 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostArbenol68, on 12 December 2012 - 10:03 PM, said:

The news story is not
"Evidence Noah's Biblical Flood Happened"


It's evidence that a flood event occurred in the region of the Black Sea associated with melting ice caps and rising sea levels. The Bible tells of a flood that covered all land and killed everyone that wasn't on the ark. It was caused by rain and happened because everyone was being very naughty.

There's a huge difference.

Maybe the media should refrain from eye-catching and misleading headlines, and instead report things a little more accurately.

eg "Evidence For The Flood Event That Inspired The Legend of Noah's Ark"

Now you're just asking for a media that tells the truth. What the heck is wrong with you? :w00t:

A truthful media is alot like an honest politician. They don't exist either.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#44    questionmark

questionmark

    Cinicus Magnus

  • Member
  • 34,993 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Greece and Des Moines, IA

  • In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 12 December 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

Now you're just asking for a media that tells the truth. What the heck is wrong with you? :w00t:

A truthful media is alot like an honest politician. They don't exist either.

cormac

I protest in all form against that blanket statement.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#45    kmt_sesh

kmt_sesh

    Telekinetic

  • 7,344 posts
  • Joined:08 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Chicago, Illinois

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 11 December 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

But the flood in the Black Sea must have been nothing but a slowly and steadily rising tide because the Mediterranean started flowing over into the Black Sea. That took - what? a few decades? a century?.- before it reached the present sea level. Noah could have built a flotilla during that time, lol.

And wasn't Noah's Flood caused by rain?

About Eden:



http://www.unexplain...60#entry4463031


.

Ballard has been at this for years. I remember reading about his Black Sea theory six or seven years ago. It doesn't seem to be explained in the present article, but part of the theory involves the lower level of bodies of water at that point in time. On the linked map, for example, the Mediterranean, Sea of Marmara, and Black Sea did not connect at the time. In the theory the rising waters caused buildup through the Sea of Marmara to the extent that the thin natural land barrier collapsed and gave way, causing the water to rush in violently into the Black Sea.

In this scenario the western-most end of the Black Sea would've experienced violent flooding very quickly. That would account for archaeological sites quickly abandoned on an acient shoreline that is now 400 feet below the Black Sea—if Ballard can find evidence to substantiate the theory.

Posted Image
Words of wisdom from Richard Clopton:
For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill.

Visit My Blog!




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users