Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

One World Government - Good or Bad?

nwo one world government illuminati

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: One World Government - Good or Bad? (33 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think a one world government would potentially be a good thing or a bad thing?

1. Good (7 votes [21.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.21%

2. Bad (18 votes [54.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 54.55%

3. Unsure (8 votes [24.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.24%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:04 PM

So I'm pretty sure most of you guys are familiar with the conspiracy that the Illuminati are driving the world to having a one world government dictatorship. Not sure on my personal opinion whether the Illuminati exists or not yet but I can't help but feel (and I may be naive here) that a one world government might not be such a bad thing, provided it was democratic and not like how super powers are now (ie. EU, China). Surely it would help us to solve a lot of problems in the world and there would be no more wars (assuming there isn't an alien invasion :alien:)

What's your view on it? Ignoring the whole Illuminati thing, just the idea in general... Do you think the idea of a one world government would be a step in the right or the wrong direction?

Edited by The Skater Boy, 26 March 2013 - 08:08 PM.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#2    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 4,431 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:09 PM

Why?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#3    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,918 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:13 PM

Depends on how it gets set up. If it's a dictatorship then yeah it would be bad. However if it was democratic or some kind of big alliance I can see the benefits being on the plus side. It's just when people talk about one world government in a conspiracy context it seems to be automatically evil.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#4    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,545 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

You say "provided it was democratic", but some people think that the EU is "democratic" even though you do not personally vote for the EU parliament. I don't think it is possible for a system to be non-corruptable and therefor would not like to see a one world government. Can you imagine a world run Assad, Gaddafi or similar? Where there is no "outside" help as the worlds military fall under one government? Where a government can label any group as "terrrorists" and receive global support militarily to crush whatever political movement they disagree with?

So until we have a perfect politcal system (i.e never) we should not have a one world government.

#5    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

View PostCorp, on 26 March 2013 - 08:13 PM, said:

Depends on how it gets set up. If it's a dictatorship then yeah it would be bad. However if it was democratic or some kind of big alliance I can see the benefits being on the plus side. It's just when people talk about one world government in a conspiracy context it seems to be automatically evil.

I agree with this. I don't necessarily think it would be a bad thing, though for sure there would be potential for things to go sour. But I do think there could be immense benefits of a one world government. May even bring us closer together as people.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

#6    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,085 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

I think it would be a bad thing.  If the person in charge was a ruthless dictator there would be no other country to object or have the ability to help the people.

#7    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I'm not sure I buy the dictator argument for against. I just don't see it, I don't think it would practically be able to happen. Not with 7 billion people to control, assuming they were rising against. I would also expect a dissent in the military. Depends what level you're talking about really. Passing laws a majority of people don't want is one thing, suppression is another.

Edited by The Skater Boy, 26 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#8    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,545 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostThe Skater Boy, on 26 March 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

I'm not sure I buy the dictator argument for against. I just don't see it, I don't think it would practically be able to happen. Not with 7 billion people to control, assuming they were rising against. I would also expect a dissent in the military. Depends what level you're talking about really. Passing laws a majority of people don't want is one thing, suppression is another.

And why would you rise against the government if the only sources of information come from said government?

Its a slippery slope. The UK and Australia (among many other countries) have just introduced laws restricting the media. Continue along this line and soon we will be like China. Google tiananmen square in China and i bet all you'll get is "tiananmen square is a public place in Bejing" and nothing else. If you think you will get free access to verified information, i think you are giving too much credit to carrer politicians.

#9    Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

• Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today...
    As You don't know what tomorrow bring's.......

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:07 PM

I voted bad....

Just look at the EU and imagine that on a larger scale :cry:

Posted Image

#10    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Not a good idea. :td:

#11    Queen in the North

Queen in the North

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,494 posts

• We're more Ceefax people.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Nah, what if you don't like the government? Where else can you go?

Posted Image

#12    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,408 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!
    It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad because of what I am writing.

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:49 PM

I don't think it is an either/or situation. I don't think it would be totally good. I don't think it would be totally bad. One thing I know for sure. I do not trust governments anymore. I don't trust religion anymore. If this happens, I won't know for sure who can be trusted and who can't, unless there is a way to intuit it.

Edited by regeneratia, 26 March 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,565 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

If it's Star Trek one-world government, then probably not so bad.

#14    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,155 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

The concentration of power results in more abuse of power.  A World GOV is a recipe for disaster.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#15    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 26 March 2013 - 08:29 PM, said:

Google tiananmen square in China and i bet all you'll get is "tiananmen square is a public place in Bejing" and nothing else. If you think you will get free access to verified information, i think you are giving too much credit to carrer politicians.

I know what happened in Tiananmen Square, funny enough, I also get plenty of Google results about it just in case I didn't :whistle: guess the powers that be are doing a bad job at keeping that one from me. And if you don't like the government, well what's the difference between not liking it now? I would assume there would be political parties that would still have to be elected. Not talking a "this is your ruling party, deal with it" approach at it like the EU and China. I think it's sad some people don't see the potential.

Our current way of the world has hardly made life a bed of roses, has it? :w00t:

Also tagged with nwo, one world government, illuminati

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users