Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bible Code: Predicting Armageddon

crystal sage

My link

http://www.theage.com.au/tv/show/the-bible-code/bible-code-predicting-armageddon/20101020-16tv3.html

Humans have ever yearned to know what will unfold in times yet to come, but now, have researchers unlocked the predictions of the Bible?

In today's paper The Age !!!!

The Bible Code...

Just starting to watch it...

Rabbi Chaim Michael Dov Weismandel found that the Torah had a code.. his discoveries now has meaning can be put into action now that we have computers..

My link

My link

My link

Bible codes

Weissmandl pioneered the modern search for hidden codes in the Torah. As a student, he copied large portions of the Torah onto ten characters by ten character grids. He thereby set the stage for the controversial, computer-based generation of Bible codes since the 1980s.

My link

It is believed that the Bible code, found in the Bible's original Hebrew form, was initially discovered by the rabbi H.M.D. Weissmandel in Prague, Czechoslovakia, some 50 years ago. By skipping the first 50 words and then another 50 words, the word 'Torah' - the Pentateuch, the first five books of the Old Testament usually ascribed to Moses - was spelt out at the beginning of the Book of Genesis. The same skip sequence spelled out 'Torah' in the Book of Exodus, the Book of Numbers and in the Book of Deuteronomy.

Rip's found the only copy of the rabbi's book on the subject at the National Library of Israel 12 years ago. The code was only briefly mentioned, but it was enough for Rips to start his own experimentations. Like Weissmandel, Rips began manually counting the words in the Book of Genesis using similar skip sequences. "You know, Isaac Newton also tried to find the code in the Bible," says Rips, "and he considered it more important than his Theory of the Universe." Newton so believed in the code's existence that he learned Hebrew and spent half his lifetime trying to find it. But no mathematical theory applied by him worked. Rips succeeded because he had the technology that Newton did not. The hidden text of the Bible was encoded with a kind of time-lock. It could not be opened until the computer was invented.

Scientifically, the Bible code has undergone rigorous testing. Rips, who developed a sophisticated mathematical model which he then wrote into a computer program "found words encoded far more than statistics allowed for by random chance". He believed that the Old Testament was coded but his mathematical model was still incomplete. It was the Israeli physicist Doron Witztum that made the final breakthrough. Testing the math and the code then began. The original experiment entitled "Equidistant Letter Sequence in the Book of Genesis" included this title page extract from the experiment's findings: Randomization analysis indicates that hidden information is woven into the text of Genesis in the form of equidistant letter sequences. The effect is significant

Edited by crystal sage

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Agent. Mulder

• crystal sage

• bee

• illuminated

http://www.theage.com.au/tv/show/the-bible-code/bible-code-predicting-armageddon/20101020-16tv3.html

Humans have ever yearned to know what will unfold in times yet to come, but now, have researchers unlocked the predictions of the Bible?

In today's paper The Age !!!!

The Bible Code...

Just starting to watch it...

Weismandel's Code.. has meaning now that we have computers..

Who even takes the Bible Code seriously these days ? They dont even talk about it on coast to coast lol

My link

Scientifically, the Bible code has undergone rigorous testing. Rips, who developed a sophisticated mathematical model which he then wrote into a computer program "found words encoded far more than statistics allowed for by random chance". He believed that the Old Testament was coded but his mathematical model was still incomplete. It was the Israeli physicist Doron Witztum that made the final breakthrough. Testing the math and the code then began. The original experiment entitled "Equidistant Letter Sequence in the Book of Genesis" included this title page extract from the experiment's findings: Randomization analysis indicates that hidden information is woven into the text of Genesis in the form of equidistant letter sequences. The effect is significant at the level of 99.998%.

The experiment involved Rips and his colleagues (Witztum and Rosenberg) searching for the names of 32 influential sages - both Biblical and modern - to see whether their names and the dates of their birth and death were encoded in Genesis. This process was also applied to the Hebrew translation of War and Peace and two other Hebrew texts. Names and dates encoded together only appeared in the Bible. This set the odds of finding such encoded information by random chance at 1 in 10 million. Mathematicians say a hundred to one is beyond chance. The most rigorous test ever used is 1000 to 1.

In the final experiment, Rips took the thirty-two names and sixty-four dates and jumbled them in 10 million combinations, so that 9,999,999 were a mismatch, and only one was the correct pairing. He then did a computer run to see which of the 10 million examples got a better result - and only the correct names and dates came together in the Bible. Again the result was 1 in 10 million.

Harold Guns, one of The Pentagon's senior code breakers, heard about the Bible code and decided to investigate. A trained statistician and a man who spoke Hebrew, Guns wrote his own program and scanned the text for the same information as the Israeli mathematicians, sure that he could prove that the code did not exist. He believed it was "off-the-wall, ridiculous" but he too found the names and dates of the sages. So determined to find a hole in Rips' math, Guns conducted a 440-hour experiment that included finding the cities of the original 32 sages and then another 34. He checked all 66 against the names of the cities and found that the cities did match the names. The American and Israeli results had corroborated. "I set out to disprove the code and ended up proving it," says Guns.

Who even takes the Bible Code seriously these days ? They dont even talk about it on coast to coast lol

Hey... it made our leading Newspaper!!!

Rips, Witztum and Rosenberg then submitted a paper to the leading American journal, Statistical Science. Its editor, Robert Kass, decided to have it tested by other experts and academics despite his scepticism. To his surprise, two tests proved the math correct so, in an unprecedented move, Kass had a third check run. That too confirmed the math, so the paper was published. There is a Bible within the Bible states Drosnin in his book and continues to say that The Bible is not only a book - it is also a computer program.

The continuous string of 304,805 letters is searched by the computer for words, names and phrases hidden in the Bible text. Starting with the first letter of the Bible, the program looks for words with skips of 1, 2 , 3, all the way up to several thousand. This process is then repeated from the second letter, the third and so on until the last letter of the Bible is reached. When a word is found, the computer can then search for any relevant information. It is a program based on two primary tenets; firstly, how close the words are encoded together, and secondly, whether the skips that find the words are the shortest in the Bible. Rips alleges there is an infinite amount of information encoded, for the discovery of a new word or phrase reveals another cross-word, with information found vertically, horizontally and diagonally.

The Bible code has yet to be scientifically refuted, although it does have its critics. In the three years since the Rips-Witztum-Rosenberg paper was printed in Statistical Science, other tests have been carried out by professors at Harvard, Yale and the Hebrew University. None can dispute the math nor the coded information subsequently found in the Bible. Drosnin, interested to see whether 'current' events would appear in the text, worked with Rips entering key words from the headline news of the New York Time and the Jerusalem Post. And they found the information - dates, times, public figures involved. If it was important enough in world history, it was there.

Listen to it and tell me what you think?

I still have the head phones on listening..

My link

Around 15 minutes in they show all the accurate predictions.. Key figures and historical dates.. events show up... Even mention of Hitler.. America's use of the Atomic Bomb and the date used...

I certainly would like to see where they found this..

Edited by crystal sage

Listen to it and tell me what you think?

I still have the head phones on listening..

My link

Around 15 minutes in they show all the accurate predictions.. Key figures and historical dates.. events show up... Even mention of Hitler.. America's use of the Atomic Bomb and the date used...

I certainly would like to see where they found this..

the bible was man made so the codes were also.

just goes to show people know whats going on before it happens.

and the bible states that no one knows when the end will come

sooo pretty much the bible is just false prophecy

the bible was man made so the codes were also.

just goes to show people know whats going on before it happens.

and the bible states that no one knows when the end will come

sooo pretty much the bible is just false prophecy

Or like the Nostradamus predictions .. we won't really know what happens until it happening.. like deja vu and look back to see the signs..

I still have to see the rest of the tape..

Must not be anything exciting going on in your area now then. Since they resorted to this.

Or like the Nostradamus predictions .. we won't really know what happens until it happening.. like deja vu and look back to see the signs..

I still have to see the rest of the tape..

He didnt really prophesize. He gave vague quatrains left to interpretation.

Similar to the bibles.

He didnt really prophesize. He gave vague quatrains left to interpretation.

Similar to the bibles.

I have to agree here. I feel like his "prophecies" are just vague enough that given enough time, something is bound to spring up that resembles it and makes it appear to have been predicted all that time ago.

Just my 2 cents, who knows how right I am.

I have to agree here. I feel like his "prophecies" are just vague enough that given enough time, something is bound to spring up that resembles it and makes it appear to have been predicted all that time ago.

Just my 2 cents, who knows how right I am.

actually you are right.

although he had reason and thought behind these predictions he never gave anything to exact and for that reason he can not be proven wrong orsaid hehaslied but for things to be waited out like we do now for this 2012 nonsense

Was it not said in the same book that we shall not know the hour of his coming?

If there's any truth to the rest of it, then why look if the answer is beyond us?

Doesn't matter anyway, outside of the intrigue and speculation...which I agree are pretty entertaining and thought-provoking.

Must not be anything exciting going on in your area now then. Since they resorted to this.

True Agent Mulder. Nothing much happens in Victoria or Australia even, so we spend our lives in paradise fiddling in the shed, contemplating the big questions and drinking fresh coffee ^_^

zed

ps: make a statement about anything at all and I'll find you a bible passage to back it up.

"For every scripture there is an equal and opposite scripture" zedNuts

Edited by zednuts

No .. not really..

Some say Australia is "Paradise" :innocent: ..Actually it is officially ranked as the 4th best country in the world... which is great.. it puts it slightly under the radar..

My link

You can find any sort of 'prediction' by running these sorts of analyses on ANY large enough block of text. "Moby Dick" works just fine:

http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/moby.html

The following challenge was made by Michael Drosnin:

When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby Dick, I'll believe them.

(Newsweek, Jun 9, 1997)

Note that English with the vowels included is far less flexible than Hebrew when it comes to making letters into words. Nevertheless, without further ado, we present our answer to Mr Drosnin's challenge.

In a large enough sample size you will always find what you are looking for, whatever it may be, from random chance interacting with your own bias.

No .. not really..

Some say Australia is "Paradise" :innocent: ..Actually it is officially ranked as the 4th best country in the world... which is great.. it puts it slightly under the radar..My link

Sweeeet. Whats the relevance here again?

the bible is man made.... so what ever it has coded in it.. is already known probably by very few..

but really all it is is someone giving their interpration on the bible and calling it "the code"

do not believe everything you read or say

You know...there's something a bit strange going on with the Bible Code at the moment.

The Michael Drosnin ones.

I have the hardbacks of Bible Code One and Two.....Michael Drosnin.

The second one, in particular is detective work into pretty mind blowing possibilities.

I see Drosnin as a maverick in all of this. A journalist letting rip (that could be a pun :) )

with his imagination...because he had to LOOK for the clues.

So...I was looking forward to Bible Code Three...The Quest...back in 2006?

Amazon had sold lots of 'The Quest' Bible Code three...in advance. There it

was...complete and ready to go.

Went to the bookshop...it was delayed for a year or so. Went back again and

it was delayed again. And again.

Looked on the internet and it was 'embargoed' until October 2010.

So....today I phone the bookshop up and ask about 'The Quest' I said about the

embargo and was it now available.

They phoned up he suppliers and they said that it wasn't going to be out until 2019 !!!

When I went on Amazon...it turns out that Drosnin has got another book out...which I

will be buying ASAP....called The Bible Code - Saving the World. !!!

Can't wait to read it. I will definitely be buying the hardback.

But what's all that about 'The Quest' ?

What is in it that we are not being allowed to see.

It's all a bit of a mystery.

:wacko::unsure::huh:

Wasn't it proven that you can find 'codes' in any book? If you look for things in just normal every day books you will find them too. The bigger the book, the more words and then the more patterns that will appear.

Wasn't it proven that you can find 'codes' in any book? If you look for things in just normal every day books you will find them too. The bigger the book, the more words and then the more patterns that will appear.

People always drag up Mobey Dick...but I don't think it's been proven

that meaningful results can consistently be obtained from any old book..in the same way that

they can from the Bible...in the original Hebrew....?

The Old Testament already has stuff in it that could be construed as having extra-terrestrial meaning.

So it's already more meaningful in regards to deeper/older stories...with origins

lost in the mists of time.

People always drag up Mobey Dick...but I don't think it's been proven

that meaningful results can consistently be obtained from any old book..in the same way that

they can from the Bible...in the original Hebrew....?

The Old Testament already has stuff in it that could be construed as having extra-terrestrial meaning.

So it's already more meaningful in regards to deeper/older stories...with origins

lost in the mists of time.

I didn't actually mean Mobey Dick, I did mean any book of simular length. The thing is they keep trying to find things in the bible, I bet if they picked out a book of simular length and spent years coding that, they would come up with a simular result.

I didn't actually mean Mobey Dick, I did mean any book of simular length. The thing is they keep trying to find things in the bible, I bet if they picked out a book of simular length and spent years coding that, they would come up with a simular result.

I believe people have done it with other books, and moby dick being one of them.

The codes in The Bible Code are what's called Equidistant Letter Spacing, or ELS. To obtain an ELS from a text, choose a starting point (in principle, any letter) and a skip number, also freely and possibly negative. Then, beginning at the starting point, select letters from the text at equal spacing as given by the skip number. For example, the bold letters in this sentence form an ELS. With a skip of -4, and ignoring the spaces and punctuation, the word safest is spelled out.

LINK

it is possible to find almost anything you want in almost any text using the ELS method. The nature of entropy means that there will be accidental words and sentences everywhere. When Bible Code proponents find a sentence, how do they know that this sentence was placed there deliberately by some higher power, and was not just another accidental hit? Proving this distinction is really the key to proving that there's any substance to Bible Code claims, and so far, nobody has put forward any reasonable suggestion of what form such proof might take.

This software does it for you.CodeFinder

• 2 weeks later...

You know...there's something a bit strange going on with the Bible Code at the moment.

The Michael Drosnin ones.

I have the hardbacks of Bible Code One and Two.....Michael Drosnin.

The second one, in particular is detective work into pretty mind blowing possibilities.

I see Drosnin as a maverick in all of this. A journalist letting rip (that could be a pun :) )

with his imagination...because he had to LOOK for the clues.

So...I was looking forward to Bible Code Three...The Quest...back in 2006?

Amazon had sold lots of 'The Quest' Bible Code three...in advance. There it

was...complete and ready to go.

Went to the bookshop...it was delayed for a year or so. Went back again and

it was delayed again. And again.

Looked on the internet and it was 'embargoed' until October 2010.

So....today I phone the bookshop up and ask about 'The Quest' I said about the

embargo and was it now available.

They phoned up he suppliers and they said that it wasn't going to be out until 2019 !!!

When I went on Amazon...it turns out that Drosnin has got another book out...which I

will be buying ASAP....called The Bible Code - Saving the World. !!!

Can't wait to read it. I will definitely be buying the hardback.

But what's all that about 'The Quest' ?

What is in it that we are not being allowed to see.

It's all a bit of a mystery.

:wacko::unsure::huh:

This one?

(Alternate)

Could always just find yourself a friend in the UK and have them shoot you the spoilers.

Surely there's some sort of conspiracy/theory/2012/etc forum out there under a European server?

Here's a partial one. (bottom)

This one?

(Alternate)

Could always just find yourself a friend in the UK and have them shoot you the spoilers.

Surely there's some sort of conspiracy/theory/2012/etc forum out there under a European server?

Here's a partial one. (bottom)

It gets more confusing..... :wacko:

Like...is the 'Saving the World' one a sanitized version of the 'The Quest' one?

Or are they separate?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bible-Code-III-Quest/dp/0297848178/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_3

Currently unavailable.

We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

http://www.digitalspy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1347774

Previously called "The Bible Code 3: The Quest," Mr Drosnin has included the new subtitle "saving the world."

I will have to try and pin this down....in spite of my enthusiasm.. :) I haven't

got hold of the 'Saving the World' one yet...

Thanks for your response....... :tu: