Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UM Awards 2004: The Results

Saru

The voting is now closed - a big thank you to everyone who took part in the UM awards this year, more than 550 votes were cast in all, and after two weeks we have the winners of all 10 award categories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most Pointless Thread

Total votes: 51 - Nominated Threads: 7

Winner: The Official Wreslting Thread (17 votes)

Best Username

Total votes: 60 - Nominated Members: 8

Winner: Dancin' Hamster (13 votes) - Runner up: SaRuMaN (11 votes)

Best Member

Total votes: 66 - Nominated Members: 9

Winner: Mentalcase (14 votes) - Runner up: Seraphina (13 votes)

Best Thread

Total votes: 39 - Nominated Threads: 5

Winner: The Official UM Trivia Thread(14 votes)

Most Bizarre Member

Total votes: 54 - Nominated Members: 9

Winner: Sarkypi (16 votes) - Runner up: 2055 (10 votes)

Funniest Member

Total votes: 65 - Nominated Members: 11

Winner: Moe_Eubleck (12 votes) - Runner up: Aslan (9 votes)

Worst Avatar

Total votes: 62 - Nominated Members: 11

Winner: Aslan (19 votes) - Runner up: Man_in_mudboots (11 votes)

Aslan

user posted image

Man_in_mudboots

user posted image

Best Avatar

Total votes: 63 - Nominated Members: 9

Winner: Lottie (14 votes) - Runner up: Daz (12 votes)

Lottie

user posted image

Daz

user posted image

Most Bizarre Post

Total votes: 43 - Nominated Posts: 2

Winner: Can Aliens give me superpowers ? (28 votes)

Most Controversial Thread

Total votes: 48 - Nominated Threads: 5

Winner: Evolution vs Creationism (24 votes)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations to all our winners, commiserations to those who didn't win anything, and thanks to everyone for voting and taking part.

thumbsup.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Saru

• Mentalcase

• Kira

• Fenris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

good job to all winners (and losers, depending on the category...) thumbsup.gif

YEY well done to each and everyone who got votes and congrats to the overall winners and runner uppers!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

w0000t!!! congratulations everyone!!

Hells teeth! I'm mortified. crying.gif

How can I face Manboots now my avatar is officially worse that his cheap cut and paste clipart thing?

God. crying.gif

Edited by Aslan

Best member MC XD YAY!

*hands CentalMase a beer...*

Deepest Congrats to all who won and thanks to all who voted.

Mentalcase....... Way TO GO!!!!! thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Aslan ...... Sorry to say, your avatar has scared me from day 1 ... But what is important is the Man behind the avatar.... First Class!! wub.gif

Nancy

Thanks for voting everyone! tongue.gifw00t.gif

Hells teeth! I'm mortified. crying.gif

How can I face Manboots now my avatar is officially worse that his cheap cut and paste clipart thing?

God. crying.gif

LMAO Aslan!!!!! laugh.giforiginal.gifgrin2.gifwink2.giflaugh.gif

Congrats everyone... Moe, you are very funny, you deserve it..

Now, the rest of the catagories, I have to say, I believe were rigged from the start.. Everyone knows it... wink2.gif

wink2.gifwhistling2.gif

Reese

Thanks to everyone for participating. This is Moe's speech.

You are all some of the most creative, intelligent and funny people I have ever met. I'm glad to have discovered this forum. Props to Saruman and the great job he has done!! And his Mods (henchmen) as well.

I only hope that winning doesnt become my curse. Who's gonna ever take my serious posts seriously now? As if anyone ever did to begin with.... blink.gif

As for my competition? You are all extremely funny in your own ways. Even many of those who didnt get nominated. Its all in good fun so no worries.

Lets be ego free and combine our insanities for something grand. Tho I cant think of what.... huh.gif

anyways. Ive had a good week. Made some new buddies, had a birthday, won a contest, made some more buddies, and got a jazzy green toothbrush. This is not normal for Moe. I hope the end is not near.

many thanks for putting up with Moe's antics.

thumbsup.gif

Guest Lottie

Lotties's Acceptance Speech for the Best Avatar...

Thank you! Oh! Thank you! I can hardly conjugate verbs! I feel so blessed! Oh, thank you again! I just want everyone to bow down before me and accept that even in my wildest hallucinations, I never would have frantically prayed that this could ever happen to me. And to the other super-amazing nominees, I want each of you to know how totally wonderful your crushing defeats makes me feel right now! grin2.gif

You know when they first told me I was nominated, I just had to take a Carnival Cruise and obsess about how generous my fans have been.

You know, there are so many people to thank! First off though, I want to thank the amazing people of UM, who looked deep within their Magic 8-Balls before giving me this fantastic award! Also, I want to thank my guru, for being such a powerful force in my loins. And to the People Under the Stairs, who taught me to take life by the fifth of bourbon. Saruman without you this would not of been possible, thankyou. And finally, to all the personal assistants I fired - I couldn't have done it without you!

This one is for you Daz.

Thank you Unexplained Mystreries, and good night!

grin2.gifgrin2.gif

Most Pointless Thread

Winner: The Official Wreslting Thread (17 votes)

Given the board that its on I really can't see why this won! I'm not into wrestling but there are far more pointless threads out there in other parts of the site!

Best Username

Winner: Dancin' Hamster (13 votes) - Runner up: SaRuMaN (11 votes)

OK I voted for this one, Dancin' hamsters name just makes me chuckle thumbsup.gif

Best Member

Winner: Mentalcase (14 votes) - Runner up: Seraphina (13 votes)

Who's mentalcase? Can't say I've even noticed him (Her?)

Seraphina, you where robbed petal, robbed dontgetit.gif

Best Thread

Winner: The Official UM Trivia Thread(14 votes)

To long to read.... I have a life laugh.gif

Most Bizarre Member

Winner: Sarkypi (16 votes) - Runner up: 2055 (10 votes)

Least said, soonest mended laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gifw00t.gifwhistling2.gif

Funniest Member

Winner: Moe_Eubleck (12 votes) - Runner up: Aslan (9 votes)

At least I've noticed Moe.... not my sense of humour.... I preffer Aslans dryer wit original.gif

We share a sense of humour... its warped and its his turn to look after it this week wink2.gif

Worst Avatar

Winner: Aslan (19 votes) - Runner up: Man_in_mudboots (11 votes)

Oooooooooooooohh yep, thats BAAAAAAAAAAAAD! grin2.gif

Best Avatar

Winner: Lottie (14 votes) - Runner up: Daz (12 votes)

Very goth Lottie dear, very goth!

Most Bizarre Post

Winner: Can Aliens give me superpowers ? (28 votes)

Yep the initial poster is 52 cards short of a full deck.... he's only left with the jokers! wink2.giftongue.gif

Most Controversial Thread

Winner: Evolution vs Creationism (24 votes)

Now this thread is POINTLESS not controversial.... The blind on one side and those who seem to enjoy beating their head against a brick wall on the other!

Thanks for running it Sauraman, it was sorta fun in places grin2.gif

*chuckles* @ Fenris...

I would just like to say THANK YOU for going along with me and making Aslan's Avatar the worst ever...

hehehehehehehehe Now are you going to carry out your threat...???

YaY .. Congrats to the winners .. and Hard luck to those who didn't win .. maybe you'll have better luck next year thumbsup.gif

I am very proud to know that many agreed on making the The Official UM Trivia Thread the Best Thread .. it really is a good place to activate our tinny minds with those interesting questions .. it deserves to be the BEST!! thumbsup.gif

Congrats to all.

And to the many of you who were not even nominated, your still winners. Just keep posting your wit and wisdom.

Criminey!

I don't even KNOW there was a forum award - let alone know that I won one!!!!!!

Can I just say that this is by far one of the best forums I've visited, and there are many talented and witty people here.

*does little dance*

ooh....you even did food!

grin2.gif

post-73-1087072482.jpg

Given the board that its on I really can't see why this won! I'm not into wrestling but there are far more pointless threads out there in other parts of the site!

Its because a lot of people on this site are so narrow minded, that if they don't like or understand something they beleive nobody should.

At least it only was only voted by 30%, the rest of the 70% of the people in here at least must have acknowledged that given its a multi-billion dollar industry, where its main stars earn more than those in football (I beleive Austin and The Rock were getting a million a month at one point, the latter having moved onto making big budget movies), and in which people have died, it certainly does have more relevence than a thread about hairdos or some nutcase claiming he's from the future.

I'll leave the 'winner' speech to Sera when she gets back from England next week, I think she has a two page essay on learning how to respect other people interests written up already.

Talon read the Im I sent ok? thumbsup.gif

Edited by Celti

Congrats To Moe_Doggy_dog tongue.gif

He is by far the most cosistent funny man on the boards thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Don't take it to heart Wrestling Fans , Its all in good jest laugh.giflaugh.gif

How many footballers are there ??

How Many Wrestlers ??

Vinnie Jones in all his thuggish Movies provided me with better Entertainment than a bit part played by the Rock or a lets do a spin off cause your a famous wrestler Movie.

Perhaps next year we might have under the most Controversial thread Football v Wrestling , Me being a fan of both would be a good thread tongue.gif

Also Fenris , You may not who MentleCase Aka CentleMase is , But you will soon find out whistling2.gif

Talon, lighten up please. If you can't take these awards in the light-hearted manner in which they are intended, then i'd suggest you avoid going anywhere near them in future.