Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Repeal the Real Id act!

randym23

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/521818034

Ask the US Senate to repeal the Real Id act of 2005 mandating, by May 2008, national ids that will track every citizen in this country. Not only will is this an essential violation of our right to privacy but it put all of us in further danger of ID theft by creating a centralized privately run database of all the citizens of this country. The technology already exists for unauthorized persons to read the information off this card --even at distance! You could be scanned by just walking into any place with a set up scanner. You could be tracked! It also would cost taxpayers even more money and bureaucratic mess than we have already! This petition will be sent to Harry Reid, Senate majority leader.

Repeal The Real Id Act of 2005!

What's Wrong with Real

ID Real ID is an Unfunded Mandate that will cost each state an estimated $185 million over the first 5 years, Real ID will mean higher fees for to obtain a license Real ID is a Bureaucratic Nightmare It will require states to remake their drivers license, restructure its computer databases, and create an extensive new document storage system It will mean longer lines and frequent snafus and eliminate same-day licenses Moreover, it will turn motor vehicle dept. workers into enforcement agents of federal law.

Real ID Increases our Risk of Identity Theft

Real ID will create a single shared database of identity information accessible to motor vehicle workers nationwide It will requiring them to store copies of our birth certificates and other documents It will include a machine-readable zone that will allow for easy capture of personal information by stores or anyone with a reader.

More About Real ID

Real ID mandates that by 2008 all states turn their driver’s licenses into a national ID card that will be part of a 50- state shared database. The card that was once used to prove an individual was safe to drive will now be used as an “internal passport” that can be used to track an individual’s movement and activities.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/521818034

thank you for your action

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• randym23

• KingTomis

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• Pinky Floyd

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

because online petitions mean anything....

if you oppose it, write to your congressman and women and urge others to write too.

I

National Id does not bother me.

but it put all of us in further danger of ID theft by creating a centralized privately run database of all the citizens of this country.

We already have a much more detailed and invasive databank of such information. It''s called a credit report. It's amazing what's on the credit report of the average Joe now...The national ID does have it's downside of privacy issues, but the upswing is that illegal immigration would be controlled (no ID, no job) and tracking of criminals would be enhanced. I'm basically a cashless kind of guy so the government can track me all it wants now. Just pull up my debit card history and viola! there it is..everywhere I've been in the last couple of years...

No big deal. It's worthless info...As long as one isn't going in or on my body (forehead, hand, arm, etc..) so what?