Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Oera Linda Book and the Great Flood [Part 2]

• Please log in to reply
5475 replies to this topic

#2416    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,363 posts

• I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious. ~ Einstein

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 03 February 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

Just look up the function or work of a 'skald' instead of trying etymology here.

They were poets, bards, and to get an idea of those 'mysterious. dark words', read the Edda.

The function was clear in the link I gave: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skald

and dark and mysterious was not included in the job description.

Not that I don't see 'call' in skald/scald - which is probably more what their name is based in. (Proto-Germanic-sound, voice, shout)

I would have agreed that Kalta's name if meaning call also, was etymologically the same as skald - and skald's definitely were named for their speaking.

The difference is now, you pointed out enough times for me to question it, is that Kalta was named because of her DARK, UNCLEAR words.

Which is why I now consider her name could be from cold rather than call.

And makes sense her name as this description is exact opposite of Minerva, who co-incidently lived on the OPPOSITE side of the Scheldt.

In an mmm bop it's gone...

#2417    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:30 PM

I know of the link, but I mean how they wrote/sang/talked.

#2418    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

My point is, and has always been: you cannot prove anything by mere etymology alone.

#2419    NO-ID-EA

NO-ID-EA

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

have we considered the fact that Kalta's real name was given as Syrhed , and if we think that the incomers were Syro-Phoenic , is it possible

they are telling us here that Syrhed was of Syrian /Phoenician blood , maybe that is why they could not understand her. ?? ............but then i

suppose they would also be telling us Min-erva was from Hellenia

Edited by NO-ID-EA, 03 February 2013 - 09:18 PM.

#2420    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

View PostNO-ID-EA, on 03 February 2013 - 09:17 PM, said:

have we considered the fact that Kalta's real name was given as Syrhed , and if we think that the incomers were Syro-Phoenic , is it possible

they are telling us here that Syrhed was of Syrian /Phoenician blood , maybe that is why they could not understand her. ?? ............but then i

suppose they would also be telling us Min-erva was from Hellenia

No, if you read the story, Kalta/Syrhed is not of Phoenician blood.

But yes, later on she did hook up with the Gola and Phoenicians.

And Syrhed means "Sieraad" in Dutch, or adornment, ornament in English.

+++

si-r-hê-d 4, sie-r-hê-d, afries., st. F. (i): nhd. Schmuck, Kostbarkeit, Zierat,
Verzierung; ne. finery, preciostity; Hw.: vgl. mnd. sîrhêit, mnl. sierheit, mhd.
zierheit; Q.: W, S, AA 193; E.: s. *si-r, *hê-d; L.: Hh 94a, Rh 1012b, AA 193

http://www.koeblerge...ch/afries-S.pdf

Edited by Abramelin, 04 February 2013 - 01:08 AM.

#2421    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostVan Gorp, on 02 February 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

men thi rêd thêr hju jef, was immer in thjustere worde. Thêr vmbe warth hju thrvch tha stjurar Kaelta hêten

thjustere: duister, also 'not clear' -> meaningless -> non-sense -> (raas-)kallen

Yes, dim words - words that were not clear, to conceal her lack of clearsightedness.

----------------

I want to present for you writing on this blog my bright new website, containing my translation into Norwegian of the Oera Linda Book:

https://oeralindaboka.blogspot.com

It is certainly in Norwegian, but you may get some help from the Translator down right....

Edited by Apol, 04 February 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#2422    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostApol, on 04 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Yes, dim words - words that were not clear, to conceal her lack of clearsightedness.

----------------

I want to present for you writing on this blog my bright new website, containing my translation into Norwegian of the Oera Linda Book:

https://oeralindaboka.blogspot.com

It is certainly in Norwegian, but you may get some help from the Translator down right...

"Raaskallen", (Van Gorp's interpretation)or 'to rave' has nothing to do with what Kalta was supposedly known for. Her words were dark, obscure, mysterious. Everytime I read that, I cannot possibly think of some raving lunatic, but of some poet creating dark and gloomy poetry. So yes, "unclear", or difficult to understand.

Maybe not the best example, but this one comes close to what I mean: "And death shall have no dominion" by Dylan Thomas.

http://www.poemhunte...ve-no-dominion/

This poem was recited during the scifi movie "Solaris" (2002), and the movie is darkness and gloom all over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miBAAdTMwOA

++

Great Apol, so now we can learn Norse using the OLB language, lol !

(Maybe you beter use a less wide banner; I have to scroll from left to right to be able read it)

Edited by Abramelin, 04 February 2013 - 04:10 PM.

#2423    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 04 February 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

"Raaskallen", (Van Gorp's interpretation)or 'to rave' has nothing to do with what Kalta was supposedly known for. Her words were dark, obscure, mysterious. Everytime I read that, I cannot possibly think of some raving lunatic, but of some poet creating dark and gloomy poetry. So yes, "unclear", or difficult to understand.

Maybe not the best example, but this one comes close to what I mean: "And death shall have no dominion" by Dylan Thomas.

http://www.poemhunte...ve-no-dominion/

This poem was recited during the scifi movie "Solaris" (2002), and the movie is darkness and gloom all over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miBAAdTMwOA

++

Great Apol, so now we can learn Norse using the OLB language, lol !

(Maybe you beter use a less wide banner; I have to scroll from left to right to be able read it)

Yes, learning Norwegian is a side effect (he, he...).
Thanks for informing about the width. I've adjusted it a little bit, and hope it fits to your screen now.

#2424    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,070 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostApol, on 05 February 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

Yes, learning Norwegian is a side effect (he, he...).
Thanks for informing about the width. I've adjusted it a little bit, and hope it fits to your screen now.

I noticed I am able to understand some of it without using an online translator, lol.

About the width: it's still too wide, but now I won't have to scroll from left to right,

I only wish Knul would change his banner (and the whole layout) too: http://www.rodinbook.nl/

#2425    Mario Dantas

Mario Dantas

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

• Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

(Mahatma Gandhi)

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hello Apol,

Nice blog, nice images. I am reading it, just for fun, in a automated Portuguese translated version which was available.

I wonder if you could tell me where i can find information on the ship's drawing, at the beginning of your blog. I remember once having seen that image (looks to me like a cave painting from the Paleolithic)... is it? Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Mario Dantas

1. Catalog of Images
https://picasaweb.google.com/106047243612755133722

2. Was Atlantis in Greenland?
http://a7lan7is.blogspot.com

#2426    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,363 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Nice site Apol, well done.

Mario, that 'ship's drawing' is from Nordic Bronze Age, rock art in Scandinavia as far as I know.

#2427    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

View PostMario Dantas, on 05 February 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Hello Apol,

Nice blog, nice images. I am reading it, just for fun, in a automated Portuguese translated version which was available.

I wonder if you could tell me where i can find information on the ship's drawing, at the beginning of your blog. I remember once having seen that image (looks to me like a cave painting from the Paleolithic)... is it? Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Mario Dantas

Thank you, Mario and Puzz, for your compliments.
Puzz is right, the heading of my website is a Scandinavian Bronze Age ship petroglyph - from Bjørnstad in Skjeberg close to Sarpsborg, Southeast Norway.

I have borrowed it from the book

Anton Wilhelm Brøgger and Haakon Shetelig: Vikingeskipene – Deres forgjengere og etterfølgere (Dreyer forlag, Oslo, 1950).

It is also published in English:

Anton Wilhelm Brogger and Haakon Shetelig: The Viking Ships (Twayne Publishers Inc., New York, 1971).

I have tried to paste the photo into this blog, but I don't know how to do it. Maybe someone of you can tell me, or maybe it isn't possible

#2428    Apol

Apol

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 157 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:53 AM

View PostAbramelin, on 31 January 2013 - 09:47 AM, said:

Maybe these two:

Posted Image

I thought those islands are a little too big for that purpose - I have an idea that the ancient seafarers wanted smaller islands, but maybe I'm wrong. The name Carnonacae has certainly to do with KÊREN.ÄK - maybe also the name Caereni. I have pondered a lot about this topic since you posted your map, and my opinion so far, is, that the area of the Carnonacae is the area where the Gola/Gauls fled after ÂSKAR chased them out from their burgh, which I think was Lindisfarne.

Edited by Apol, 06 February 2013 - 03:09 AM.

#2429    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,363 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

I have this book, Prehistoric Heritage which the picture is also in, you can get it on Amazon here for a couple $$.
Read the review, it's a great book, written by a person with an avid interest rather than a scholar, I find this, as the reviewer did, refreshing and an interesting way to look at it all.

The book is FILLED with these petroglyphs. You just don't see them anymore in newer books, not this many. I bought the book 2nd hand because it had so many images like this. All through Europe.
I'm sure any of you would find it a worthwhile read.
http://www.amazon.co...uk/5symbols.php

Edited by The Puzzler, 06 February 2013 - 04:05 AM.

#2430    The Puzzler

The Puzzler

Forum Divinity

• 10,363 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

Her tongue was nimble so maybe this word is closer to her name meaning: (rather than just speak or anything to do with her dark words) If you have a nimble tongue you are a chatterer.

kal-t-er-Æe

1 und häufiger?, afries., F.: nhd. Geschwätz; ne. chatter (N.); E.: s. kalt-

ia; L.: Hh 141b

SO I don't think she was poetical dark and mysterious or shrieking, shouting - I do think she was chattering with her nimble tongue dark words, meaning opposite of Nyhellenia's words, Kaltas were tinged with darkness (evil).

Also Herodotus mentions the Dodona oracle speaking all chattery, like birds.

Edited by The Puzzler, 06 February 2013 - 04:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users