Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has Hungary not learned from History?

Mr.United_Nations

There's still plenty of it about in eastern Europe, where they still hold the position of favourite scapegoat.

Also bear in mind that Hungary was a voluntary ally of Germany during WWII.

• Like 1

http://www.bbc.co.uk...europe-22413301

I thought we moved on from that?

They would not protest if it was a Christian conference or whatever..

Its best not using the BBC for these types of story as they have a liberal-social pro-minority bias on everything.

• Like 2

Its best not using the BBC for these types of story as they have a liberal-social pro-minority bias on everything.

good

good

The party political website of Jobbik lists no anti-semitic, anti-immigration or extremist policies - http://www.jobbik.com/policies

Everything on it appears to indicate the party is centre-right and typically Conservative or UKIP. I think you'll find the BBC hates anything right. I dont know why, maybe its because it knows the right wont put up with its paedophillia?

Edited by Giant Killer B
  • Like 2

Having been in Hungary, and having recently visited in-laws there, I can attest that it is a re-developing former Soviet satellite and (previously) former ally of Nazi Germany (the former was enforced, not voluntary; the latter was entirely coerced and resisted violently by freedom fighters in 1956). There is an entrenched cultural Roman Catholicism there (exemplified in the '40s and '50s by Cardinal Midszenty) which has endured Nazi tyranny and Soviet atheistic Stalinism. Having been in a relative 'time-warp' from a post-WW I communist coup through the collapse of conservative Catholic government under the demands of WW II Germany to the Soviet domination post WW II, the nature of Hungarian Catholicism has remained unchallenged by relative advances in Jewish-Christian relations in nearby nations such as in Poland (admission of complicity in WW II death camps; a highly influential Polish Pope). Hungary's claim-to-fame was allowing/cooperating with the efforts of Swedish businessman and diplomat Raoul Wallenberg in rescuing approximately 300,000 Jews after the government gave up resisting repeated German Nazi demands to turn them over. In short, it appears that Hungarians have suffered greatly from external threats over the past 100 years, but have not been as successful at stamping out internal threats to their own peaceful co-existence.

• Like 2

What? The BBC made up the entire story about anti-semitic demonstrations in Hungary because of their liberal-social pro-minority bias on everything? Do you not think that there is such a thing as anti-Semitism any more, then? Or that it doesn't matter if there is? the anti-Semitists weren't fairly represented by the BBC, and weren't given the chance to give their side of the story, is that what you're saying? or are you in fact just saying drivel?

• Like 1

The party political website of Jobbik lists no anti-semitic, anti-immigration or extremist policies - http://www.jobbik.com/policies

Everything on it appears to indicate the party is centre-right and typically Conservative or UKIP. I think you'll find the BBC hates anything right. I dont know why, maybe its because it knows the right wont put up with its paedophillia?

And you believe what their website says? And then you go on to drivel about Peadophilia, the relevance of which to the subject under discussion is..... non-existent, really. I think you've answered the question in my above post, and you are in fact just spouting drivel.

I would not compare them to UKIP,more lke BNP

Edited by The New Richard Nixon

What? The BBC made up the entire story about anti-semitic demonstrations in Hungary because of their liberal-social pro-minority bias on everything? Do you not think that there is such a thing as anti-Semitism any more, then? Or that it doesn't matter if there is? the anti-Semitists weren't fairly represented by the BBC, and weren't given the chance to give their side of the story, is that what you're saying? or are you in fact just saying drivel?

I'm British and I live in Britain so when I say the BBC isnt politically neutral I know it from direct experience.

From everything I've read over the years I believe that the BBC has issues with white people, married couples, hetrosexuals and Christains. Its staff are even under investigation for running the largest paedophile ring in history.

Jobbik believes in Christain values doesnt it?

(I think thats the reason for their story)

• Like 3

I would not compare them to UKIP,more lke BNP

Do you have evidence of racism and extremism from them?

If you believe it exists then why is the party legal?

Do you have evidence of racism and extremism from them?

If you believe it exists then why is the party legal?

who BNP? the main supporters of BNP are the EDL, skinheads and others which is racist. Some people even beat people up because of skin colour and religion.

I don't know, you need to ask them.

If you were a different colour, go to places like eastern European countries and people will beat you up, or sometimes which country you come from.

• Like 1

Why so bombastic, Richard?

The title of the thread is misleading, because

Several hundred supporters took part, despite attempts by the government to prevent it going ahead.

If the far right can gather only few hundred people to protest, it means people did learn from history.

• Like 1

Jobbik believes in Christain values doesnt it?

(I think thats the reason for their story)

that'll be the Christian principles of anti-semitism, then? So it's the old traditional values they want to preserve, then? :unsure2:

The BBC is a respected outfit, worldwide.

The BBC is a respected outfit, worldwide.

That has nothing to do with how truthful their news is...

• Like 2

That has nothing to do with how truthful their news is...

I agree and its funny that its those who dont live in Britain who think the BBC is both truthful and trustworthy. Heres a website for them with literally 1000s of BBC articles showing a liberal bias starting with an admission out of their own staffs mouths - http://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

The majority of us in Britain dont agree with atheism, immigration, gay marriage, etc, etc. Yet the BBC portrays all those against its liberal agenda as extremists which apparently now includes foreign political parties too. While I'm at it the majority of my people are proud of the British Empire and think its the best thing that ever happened to planet Earth. We owe foreigners nothing and the sooner we cut the gravy train (foreign aid) the better.

Edited by Giant Killer B
  • Like 2

I agree and its funny that its those who dont live in Britain who think the BBC is both truthful and trustworthy. Heres a website for them with literally 1000s of BBC articles showing a liberal bias starting with an admission out of their own staffs mouths - http://biasedbbc.org/quotes-of-shame/

The majority of us in Britain dont agree with atheism, immigration, gay marriage, etc, etc. Yet the BBC portrays all those against its liberal agenda as extremists which apparently now includes foreign political parties too. While I'm at it the majority of my people are proud of the British Empire and think its the best thing that ever happened to planet Earth. We owe foreigners nothing and the sooner we cut the gravy train (foreign aid) the better.

Yes, this is a website i visit occasionally & yes the BBC without doubt has a left wing bias. In fact, just google it, there is plenty of evidence.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3

Why so bombastic, Richard?

The title of the thread is misleading, because

If the far right can gather only few hundred people to protest, it means people did learn from history.

well not to those protesting

let me guess? you are one of those people who read The Sun?

well not to those protesting

There were few hundred people protesting and you accused the whole country of not learning from history.

If it wasn’t appalling it would be hilarious.

Having been in Hungary, and having recently visited in-laws there, I can attest that it is a re-developing former Soviet satellite and (previously) former ally of Nazi Germany (the former was enforced, not voluntary; the latter was entirely coerced and resisted violently by freedom fighters in 1956). There is an entrenched cultural Roman Catholicism there (exemplified in the '40s and '50s by Cardinal Midszenty) which has endured Nazi tyranny and Soviet atheistic Stalinism. Having been in a relative 'time-warp' from a post-WW I communist coup through the collapse of conservative Catholic government under the demands of WW II Germany to the Soviet domination post WW II, the nature of Hungarian Catholicism has remained unchallenged by relative advances in Jewish-Christian relations in nearby nations such as in Poland (admission of complicity in WW II death camps; a highly influential Polish Pope). Hungary's claim-to-fame was allowing/cooperating with the efforts of Swedish businessman and diplomat Raoul Wallenberg in rescuing approximately 300,000 Jews after the government gave up resisting repeated German Nazi demands to turn them over. In short, it appears that Hungarians have suffered greatly from external threats over the past 100 years, but have not been as successful at stamping out internal threats to their own peaceful co-existence.

I was born in Budapest Hungary. My great grandparents both on my mothers side were shot by the Germans in the street. My grandfather was taken to a labor camp in Romania and never heard from again. None of us are Jewish. My grandmother was Catholic and my great aunt her sister a Nun. My father's side was anti semitic and my father was until he died. Imagine the irony that my son married a Jewish girl. I am sure his ashes were swirling in his urn. There is still anti semitic views back in Hungary but it is not as bad as before. Budapest has a large Jewish population and the largest Synogauge. There is still a lot of bigotry and hatered all over the world not just Hungary. That is the sad side of humanity.

There were few hundred people protesting and you accused the whole country of not learning from history.

If it wasn’t appalling it would be hilarious.

I never accused a whole country

I never accused a whole country

Could you then translate “Has Hungary not learned from history?” from English to English so I too can understand what was the meaning of that question?

Over here, when we say “Hungary” we think of whole country called Hungary. What is Hungary to you then if not the whole country?

So according to my understanding of your language, it should have been “Have few hundred Hungarians not learned from history?”, unless you can guess what population of the whole country has or hasn’t learned, based on few hundred exhibitionists.