Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Please welcomne Pope Francis I!

pope smoke hat

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,131 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Argentinian cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio has been elected as the new leader of the Catholic church to succeed Pope Benedict who resigned last month.
White smoke billowing from the chimney of the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican early on Wednesday evening signalled that a new Pope has been elected by the conclave.

http://www.huffingto...nk4&pLid=162887

:clap:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#2    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,759 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

I believe that he is the first Pope from the Western Hemisphere, actually - the first Pope Not from Europe...

Well - okay, that drama is over - now the press can get back to important matters like the on going "Kardasian Girls Clown College"   - it's what they are best at anyway...

#3    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,591 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Yer well his first job is to tell his Countrymen to keep their filthy hands off the Falkland Islands..

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#4    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,991 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

Wow, honestly didn't expect a result so soon. Good to hear.  And at 76 years old. this guy's only two years younger than Benedict was when he was chosen.  That is rather strange that they've gone for two elderly Popes in a row.  Not sure how long this guy's going to last at his post, maybe we'll have two Retiree popes in succession?

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#5    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,591 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

I couldn't understand a word he was saying from the balcony, but it could have been "Keep off the grass".

#6    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

Queen of the UM Asylum

• 5,124 posts

• The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:22 PM

I watched via NBC online and the consultant they were talking to kept saying over and over what a robust guy this one is, so....?

'A phantom,' said my Uncle Mycroft, who had just materialised, 'is essentially a heteromorphic wave pattern that gains solidity when the apparition converts thermal energy from the surroundings to visible light. It's a fascinating process and I'm amazed no one has thought of harnessing it - a holographic TV that could operate from the heat given off by an average-size guinea pig.' ~ First Among Sequels, Jasper Fforde

#7    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,591 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:26 PM

View PostLady Kasey, on 13 March 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I watched via NBC online and the consultant they were talking to kept saying over and over what a robust guy this one is, so....?
   Ha ha, the Mullars must be crapping them selves.

#8    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:28 PM

+1 for selecting a Argentinian Pope. The Hispanics are numerous followers of the Catholic Faith so this is itleast a cathartic victory for them. And Im glad the Vatican heard there request for a South American Pope.

Perhaps the first good news Ive come across from the Vatican in many many years. But time will tell.

#9    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,131 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

So who gets the prize for being the first to contrive some way of fitting him into the "prophecies" of that old fraud Malachy?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

#10    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,100 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 13 March 2013 - 08:41 PM, said:

So who gets the prize for being the first to contrive some way of fitting him into the "prophecies" of that old fraud Malachy?
Someone who speaks Italian and could guess where from the surname “Bergoglio” comes.

Because Malachy spoke of Petrus Romanus.
Romanus we can fit easily: new Pope is Argentinian, but of Italian descent, so, obviously, Romanus.
Petrus could be Peter or anything resembling a rock, stone, boulder or such.
Jorge doesn’t fit, that’s just George, and George comes from Greek “farmer”. Yes, really. Mario is totally out.  
So, where from surname Bergoglio comes? From "Berg", hopefully? :D

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#11    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

• 25,131 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 13 March 2013 - 09:00 PM, said:

Someone who speaks Italian and could guess where from the surname “Bergoglio” comes.

Because Malachy spoke of Petrus Romanus.
Romanus we can fit easily: new Pope is Argentinian, but of Italian descent, so, obviously, Romanus.
Petrus could be Peter or anything resembling a rock, stone, boulder or such.
Jorge doesn’t fit, that’s just George, and George comes from Greek “farmer”. Yes, really. Mario is totally out.  
So, where from surname Bergoglio comes? From "Berg", hopefully? :D
Berg: Mountain: rock! you've got it! :D

H. P. Lovecraft.

#12    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,100 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 13 March 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

Berg: Mountain: rock! you've got it! :D

The Tower of Babel... if it didn’t fall back then, it would fall now.

Malachy's prophecy aside, I have more up-to-date conspiracy: Francis I is the first Jesuit ever to become the Pope. Since Jesuits are traditionally in charge of the hardcore science in the Church (think Jose Gabriel Funes, also a Jesuit, also an Argentinian, and – director of the Vatican Observatory) the new pope choice clearly indicates the aliens are in contact with the Catholic church and the disclosure is about to happen.

I should do this professionally.

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#13    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Hell, i love Helen of Annoy, perhaps i have Karma Issues with Catholic Church, but i would hate to be at odds with my good buddy Helen, obviously i have astronomy factors unknown to this point!

Could any enlarge on Malachy with new Pope?

http://www.theworkof..._prophecies.htm

#14    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,931 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:41 PM

And he is a Jesuit *does a little dance and shouts Hurray*.  Wow, my local parish is run by a Jesuit Priest, can't begin to tell you the difference he has made in my attitude to the faith.  An outreach Pope who remembers that Jesus kept company with tax collectors, lepers and prostitutes - expecting good things from this guy. :clap: :tsu:

From the following article link:

http://news.ninemsn....ter-three-votes

The longtime archbishop of Buenos Aires has spent nearly his entire career at home in Argentina, overseeing churches and shoe-leather priests.
Like other Jesuit intellectuals, Bergoglio has focused on social outreach. Catholics are still buzzing over his speech last year accusing fellow church officials of hypocrisy for forgetting that Jesus Christ bathed lepers and ate with prostitutes.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#15    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,931 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 13 March 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

Wow, honestly didn't expect a result so soon. Good to hear.  And at 76 years old. this guy's only two years younger than Benedict was when he was chosen.  That is rather strange that they've gone for two elderly Popes in a row.  Not sure how long this guy's going to last at his post, maybe we'll have two Retiree popes in succession?
I hope I'm right when I say a true Jesuit is extremely unlikely to ever retire.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

Also tagged with pope, smoke, hat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users