Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Clear Mountain Yowie Case (2011) Solved!

Night Walker

While looking up local Yowie reports one caught my eye from Clear Mountain, Qld, 2011. I do a lot of bushwalking there (both day and night) and the report says:

"Last Saturday (30 April 2011) we stayed a night at a lodge up on Clear Mountain, Queensland.

"We were at the back, backing right onto dense undergrowth. We were up out on the balcony late at night for a number of hours checking out the stars and sky, and also on and off periodically throughout the night.

"Each time we were out there we would hear movement in the undergrowth, nothing significant, just twigs snapping, and something that sounded like pushing through vegetation.

"It would get our attention, but would stop for ages and it was too dark to see anything. We’d heard similar things when staying up at Springbrook in the past.

"The next morning after breakfast we walked around the blind (eastern) side of the lodge, and noticed very large dried muddy footprints on the decked area. They came up along to where they would have come into view of the main areas, stopped, then did a u-turn and headed back."

That was me there that night. I am the Clear Mountain Yowie...

On this forum we have sometimes specualted whether some of the Bigfoot claims and experiences (like wood knocks and vocalisations) are simply the result of encountering other monster hunters but is this the first documented instance?

• Like 1

While looking up local Yowie reports one caught my eye from Clear Mountain, Qld, 2011. I do a lot of bushwalking there (both day and night) and the report says:

"Last Saturday (30 April 2011) we stayed a night at a lodge up on Clear Mountain, Queensland.

"We were at the back, backing right onto dense undergrowth. We were up out on the balcony late at night for a number of hours checking out the stars and sky, and also on and off periodically throughout the night.

"Each time we were out there we would hear movement in the undergrowth, nothing significant, just twigs snapping, and something that sounded like pushing through vegetation.

"It would get our attention, but would stop for ages and it was too dark to see anything. We’d heard similar things when staying up at Springbrook in the past.

"The next morning after breakfast we walked around the blind (eastern) side of the lodge, and noticed very large dried muddy footprints on the decked area. They came up along to where they would have come into view of the main areas, stopped, then did a u-turn and headed back."

That was me there that night. I am the Clear Mountain Yowie...

On this forum we have sometimes specualted whether some of the Bigfoot claims and experiences (like wood knocks and vocalisations) are simply the result of encountering other monster hunters but is this the first documented instance?

HAHAHA! Great!

And I agree, you are not the only (human) "nightwalker".

That's classic stuff right there. Have you been attacked by believers claiming you're a government plant paid to disseminate disinformation so they can continue to keep the Yowie hidden from the public?

• Like 2

That's classic stuff right there. Have you been attacked by believers claiming you're a government plant paid to disseminate disinformation so they can continue to keep the Yowie hidden from the public?

Yes but that was before I was mistaken for a Yowie. Gotta love my fellow monster-hunters...

You would think that calling out " hello, is someone down there?" would be the first reaction.

Amazing how fast it can turn.... From a believer in the paranormal, to a goverment payed debunker.

Well if you are the Yowie that knocked Harrison on his backside as well, I think we should all pitch in and buy your a carton.

You would think that calling out " hello, is someone down there?" would be the first reaction.

In future if anyone calls out I'll know to reply with a barabaric YAWP !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't it good ettiquette to call out, "kooo-eeee" when in the bush with other possible people nearby?

Here's a similar funny story. I heard on the radio earlier this year, an occassion where two different groups of "yowie researchers" happened to coincidentally be in the same Gold Coast Hinterland vicinity, armed with their sound recorders. There may have been one or two kilometres separating them. Neither group knew the other group was there. Anyhow, a member from one group decided to deliver his best 'yowie calls" in an attempt to procure a similar response. Apparently noise travels far on still nights and though he was left unsatisfied, he nevertheless gave it his all, with the occassional whacking of a nearby tree. Meanwhile, highly excited members from the second group thought they had hit the jackpot, frantically recording away what they believed were legitimate yowie vocalisations. Embarrassingly, those same recordings were offered up as evidence a very short time later by a prominent and high profile researcher. The truth was unveiled shortly after that and strangely nobody lost too much face.

• Like 1