Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#811    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Thanks for your advice pal, I did not realise I was shouting..
I am not here to offend anyone at all.... Thumbs up to you too.. how d'you do that?

Posted Image

Click the smiley face above the picture icon :tu:

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#812    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 December 2012 - 02:27 AM, said:

:rofl: Me too. :tu:

I admit, you had me hook, line and sinker.

No problems, thank you, and now it's water of a ducks back.

His claims simply need to be qualified. His expertise will show in that, that is all that is required. To date his claims appear to be on rather shaky ground by comparison with mainstream models.

Again, I beg to differ. It matters not what credentialed people say, if they have solid proof they have no recourse but to accept it. Science likes nothing more than a total surprise. That does not mean the end of decades of work, it means that some things have to be re-thought. What Dunns claims would mean is that many people will have a lot to do for a long time, and some questions might get some very solid answers. And that's a good ting where science is concerned. Science is not the be all end all, and does not claim to be, it claims to be the most accurate path we know of with todays knowledge, and has been altered many times, notably the rise of man going form a relay to a malay. Or perhaps the Flores Hominid debate. Science has no problem saying "Ohh right, I see how that goes, we were wrong" it is the basis of science as we know it today. Science is fluid.
But so many fringe people use this hole to make a quick buck that scepticism is strong.

Even from Wikipedia:

But the experts have the best tools, knowledge and resources to come to those conclusions, Yes it will be an uphill battle to challenge that, but not insurmountable. All one needs is solid proof - empirical evidence, and if on the level that really ought to be obtainable the the claims would not exist to begin with, unless of course, a musing and not based upon anything more than imagination.

Yes skeptics will open up, but for good sound results, not faith. If they were not to do so, that would be quite hypocritical would it not?

Yes I would but again, that chain of command exists for a reason, so that people with valid claims can indeed qualify them. If one attempt to skirt this process that is a giant red flag.

:w00t: :lol: :tu:

Everyone seems to have had enough of Giorgio, maybe something new.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Cool Mate :) Very Good ;)

#813    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:35 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 December 2012 - 02:30 AM, said:

Posted Image

Click the smiley face above the picture icon :tu:
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF ME? No seriously :passifier:

#814    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

I can see you are a very knowledgeble man & I am sure that you do your homework but to say there is no evidence
is a no brainer... If you were about to do a job & you did not have any tools would you not rip out the tools needed
from a former project rather than take the time & effort needed to construct your own new tools...
Nope..... I'm sure like me, you'd use what was available & I think there is good evidence across the ancient world
of this practice happening again & again.......
Like when the Arabs who turned up a long time later ripped the face off the great pyramid to build their new homes
did they not... Now that's something ALL Egyptologists agree on.........
Do you like them apples......  ;)    ;)

Thank you, I thought we had quite a bit in common ;) I could see you knew the subject better then your shall we say, "counterparts"?

Again, I grant you a reasonable possibility, but what supports it? As far as I see, only Dunns word?

By the way, I appear to have dropped my manners someplace along the line, welcome to the forum SNR. I am fond of apples, but struggle to grow an apple tree un my harsh climate. I keep trying though.

Sorry mate, could I ask you to expand on this bit:

. If you were about to do a job & you did not have any tools would you not rip out the tools needed from a former project rather than take the time & effort needed to construct your own new tools..

Are you suggesting that pulleys were there, and then removed? Surely not the same one for all 138 pyramids? And built over a very long period of time, pulleys need to be robust to carry the weight proposed, surely something must be someplace after 138 of the things? Or at least some solid proof of fixing points with a model to show how it could be used?
But I might have that wrong........ thought I would clarify.

Edited by psyche101, 06 December 2012 - 02:42 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#815    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:41 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 02:35 AM, said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT PICTURE OF ME? No seriously :passifier:

:w00t:

Man, I DO like your sense of humour!!!!

:tu: :tu:

I am looking forward to more from you to be honest ;) Glad to have you on board.

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 02:28 AM, said:

I like to add a bit of humer & it doesn't always come across that way...
So when I make a daft comment at the end of a good point, maybe I shouldn't ... sorry about that..
Just having a laugh that's all..... :)

Do not stop on my behalf. You are one of the more colourful posters top join in a while I would say. You bring a smile and provocative thought to the subject. Keep it up I say.

Edited by psyche101, 06 December 2012 - 02:44 AM.

#816    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 December 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Thank you, I thought we had quite a bit in common ;) I could see you knew the subject better then your shall we say, "counterparts"?

Again, I grant you a reasonable possibility, but what supports it? As far as I see, only Dunns word?

By the way, I appear to have dropped my manners someplace along the line, welcome to the forum SNR. I am fond of apples, but struggle to grow an apple tree un my harsh climate. I keep trying though.

Sorry mate, could I ask you to expand on this bit:

Are you suggesting that pulleys were there, and then removed? Surely not the same one for all 138 pyramids? And built over a very long period of time, pulleys need to be robust to carry the weight proposed, surely something must be someplace after 138 of the things? Or at least some solid proof of fixing points with a model to show how it could be used?
But I might have that wrong........ thought I would clarify.
The apples bit  got from a film.... I mean to joke & that's all... :sk
Chris Dunn told me.. via......
Ancient Aliens about the pulley fixing points. I did have all of them saved on my sky-box but my dad deleted them!
Yes everyone I live with my parents at 39. ( I can't take the hint to **** off ;)
So I cant tell you which one it was... & only the GP has the ..I think it's called ..'The Kings Chamber' not sure though.
That's the only pyramid to use 200 tonne blocks.. So maybe the other pyramids used much smaller ones which were
easier to dismantle.. Don't know though.. besides My mate Chris :rolleyes: didn't talk about other pyramids.....

#817    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:11 AM

Oh & Thankyou.. how rude of me.. My name is Alan I'm 39 & I'm a carpenter from essex  & you might not like
black pudding, most people don't. It's made with pigs blood but I like it & I also like scotch eggs but
you know how it is' anything homemade is far better than shop bought. And black pudding scotch eggs
are the nutt's.
I will copy & past the ingredients & how to make them tomorrow, But I guess if you like jerky you'll love them..

#818    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 December 2012 - 02:41 AM, said:

:w00t:

Man, I DO like your sense of humour!!!!

:tu: :tu:

I am looking forward to more from you to be honest ;) Glad to have you on board.

Do not stop on my behalf. You are one of the more colourful posters top join in a while I would say. You bring a smile and provocative thought to the subject. Keep it up I say.
Cheers pal :tu:  Still finding my way.

#819    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:20 AM

Here Mate ... I posted a comment yesterday..    on unexplained mysteries( this site) goto..
modern mysteries newage and 2012.. then go on to
mayan doomsday 'safe zone' shutdown.. I posted a comment.... I think it was # 52 or maybe 53 or 54
I think it is still the last comment.... I  think I may have done everyones head in with my comment as noone
has posted anything else..... let me know what you think. Cheers

#820    Somethings Not Right

Somethings Not Right

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:57 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 03:20 AM, said:

Here Mate ... I posted a comment yesterday.. on unexplained mysteries( this site) goto..
mayan doomsday 'safe zone' shutdown.. I posted a comment.... I think it was # 52 or maybe 53 or 54
I think it is still the last comment.... I  think I may have done everyones head in with my comment as noone
Well do you think I scared the s*** out of every one or what     :cry:

#821    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

The apples bit  got from a film.... I mean to joke & that's all... :sk

:tu:

View PostSomethings Not Right, on 06 December 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

Chris Dunn told me.. via......
Ancient Aliens about the pulley fixing points. I did have all of them saved on my sky-box but my dad deleted them!
Yes everyone I live with my parents at 39. ( I can't take the hint to **** off ;)
So I cant tell you which one it was... & only the GP has the ..I think it's called ..'The Kings Chamber' not sure though.
That's the only pyramid to use 200 tonne blocks.. So maybe the other pyramids used much smaller ones which were
easier to dismantle.. Don't know though.. besides My mate Chris :rolleyes: didn't talk about other pyramids.....

And there lies the problem, Ancient Aliens being a show contrived purely for entertainment. They can, and do, make up stuff to sound good. If I may ask you to have a closer look at this post I left a couple of pages ago - LINK - and take note of the detail, it should be telling as to why the show maintains little credibility with regards to facts. It strikes me that if Dunn was on the level, why take his information to an entertainment show? All science is bathed in controversy, nothing gets approved without much testing, so if has valid information it seems to me that his local Uni would be a much better place to kick of his crusade as opposed to the AA people.
I am guessing the other pyramids are hotly avoided by the AA people because they illustrate that the construction was over a long period with much trial and error. I am also guessing that many of them are seen as not impossible, and that gets in the way of the wilder claims associated with the great pyramid and provides the model being asked for.

#822    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:04 AM

Here Mate ... I posted a comment yesterday.. on unexplained mysteries( this site) goto..
It's a lot easier to say, please see my post #53 here:
http://www.unexplain...ic=237870&st=45

...but we're remembering to stay on topic, aren't we ;)

I don't think you have done everyones head in, it's just there's a definate drop in interest and internet chatter of the 21/12/2012 crap in recent days...Thank God!

Edited by synchronomy, 06 December 2012 - 04:07 AM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#823    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Great stuff mate, I like your style.

I do have a feeling though that it is a matter of time before you relegate Ancient Aliens to the realm of crop circles and Yeti ;)

We have the Yowie downunder, quite a lark I think.

#824    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,215 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postsynchronomy, on 06 December 2012 - 04:04 AM, said:

It's a lot easier to say, please see my post #53 here:
http://www.unexplain...ic=237870&st=45

...but we're remembering to stay on topic, aren't we ;)

I don't think you have done everyones head in, it's just there's a definate drop in interest and internet chatter of the 21/12/2012 crap in recent days...Thank God!

It all good mate, you are helping out a new member. Not so bad, besides that link says:

I once believed in Ufo's, Crop Circles, The Yeti & all the other unexplained stuff that goes on, until it was explained!
I do still believe though that the gods were alien visitors but the story got filtered over time like chinese whispers & somehow the truth turned into an organised profit making scheme that split due to different versions & became the many religions we now have today.
Everything is coded into us as we, for some unknown reason know that something's amiss.

I know a very astute programer who holds the same ideals. He has had a good look at DNA and has decided it is simply to complex to just "happen". It's just like code he reckons. I do not agree with him, but I do respect his argument.

But then I always remind him of the chicken and the egg.

What came first?

Aliens of course! :lol:

#825    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 06 December 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

It all good mate, you are helping out a new member. Not so bad, besides that link says:

I know a very astute programer who holds the same ideals. He has had a good look at DNA and has decided it is simply to complex to just "happen". It's just like code he reckons. I do not agree with him, but I do respect his argument.

But then I always remind him of the chicken and the egg.

What came first?

Aliens of course! :lol:
I guess it is on topic!
While I can't wrap my head around ET's helping to carve and move big stones, I CAN entertain the possibility that some "outside influence" provided the "spark" for life to begin.
At some point in time a cell had to appear that could replicate DNA in order to reproduce.
How the hell did this process begin?
This is a marvel of nanotechnology:

Edited by synchronomy, 06 December 2012 - 04:25 AM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan