Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Who is this Antichrist?

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#106    fullywired

fullywired

Government Agent

• 4,102 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

View PostFirestone66, on 05 March 2011 - 04:54 AM, said:

Interesting... 1% really. I would think Jesus referring to an antichrist would be important to reflect on, yet there is no documentation of Jesus giving any warnings of his alter ego to come.  An Antichrist is nothing more than a non~believer of christ (Jesus).  Let's say I agree with you on the 1%, that would mean christianity is a complete farce of an idea.  In the court of law where truth is also searched for through evidence, watered~down testaments a few millennia ago just would not count as truth at 1% accuracy.  Just think about it CHRISTianity.  I just wonder if Jesus did make reference to an antiCHRIST off the record more than once, why would it be documented coming from his mouth at the time it happened?
t.
Use of the term "antichrist"seems to be  is exclusive to the apostle John. Apart  for John's writings the term "antichrist"doesn't seem to  appear in
any  other Scripture.
. Therefore, the term  "antichrist"  applies to  everybody with a mindset against Christ and is not singular but plural
I think this has been posted before but I can't find it now

fullywired

Posted Image  

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."
-------Buddha (563 - 483 BC)

#107    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

selfish based current savage order named global imperialist capitalism, is Antichrist.  It is misbeliever! (this order has to be mortal due to it roots in infidelity) It can be described thus,
"Everyone who hears what I say but doesn't obey it will be like a foolish person who built a house on sand. Rain poured, and floods came. Winds blew and struck that house. It collapsed, and the result was a total disaster."
Matthew 7:26-27

Posted Image

Spiritual and Communal based forthcoming order is Messiah.  It is deiform!
(this order is the immortal, due to it roots in spirituality)
It can be described thus,
"Blessed are those who make peace. They will be called God's children."
Matthew 5:9
Posted Image

Our fallen nature came out the Antichrist.
Our upper nature will come out Messiah (or The Golden Age) and;

"Messiah will kill Antichrist with the breath of his mouth"
(referring to, 2 Thessalonians 2:8)

expression of "his mouth" means coming out of The Golden Age that is spiritual and communal order. The Golden Age or The Real New World Order is the system of Messiah that is the name of holy consciousness and all invisible powers/aliens(angels, demons..and so on) are our unconscious powers that are hidden from us.

and lastly,
".. Indeed is falsehood, ever bound to depart"
Quran Al-'Isra' 81

regards.
muzzybluezzy

#108    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostFirestone66, on 10 February 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Jesus didn't make no reference to an Antichrist, so why should we believe it exists? Jesus did not ever acknowledge that he had a doppelgänger, an equal in evil.  I don't get it, somethings just develop over time I guess, it's amazing how the unofficial can become the official.

I'm not a big believer in John's prophecies of revelation. I'm a somewhat unique kind of Christian that believes only in the teachings of Jesus Christ himself. You're absolutely right that Christ said nothing of the sort, therefore I'm completely skeptical that the Antichrist would even exist.

After all, a nearly complete synopsis of his entire agenda has been written. Even a fool would be sure to notice who he really was, and if people knew, no one would follow.

If things really do turn out as evil as Christ predicted, I don't think Satan would need one man to lead people astray. Satan's goal would've already been accomplished without him.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#109    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

View PostAquilaChrysaetos, on 02 December 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

I'm not a big believer in John's prophecies of revelation. I'm a somewhat unique kind of Christian that believes only in the teachings of Jesus Christ himself. You're absolutely right that Christ said nothing of the sort, therefore I'm completely skeptical that the Antichrist would even exist.

After all, a nearly complete synopsis of his entire agenda has been written. Even a fool would be sure to notice who he really was, and if people knew, no one would follow.

If things really do turn out as evil as Christ predicted, I don't think Satan would need one man to lead people astray. Satan's goal would've already been accomplished without him.

Don't be fooled, Brother. Satan is indeed an individual. Used to be an Angel at one point. I suspect it is the Pope. He claims to be a Christian, but he goes against all of Christ's teachings. All of them.

There has been a war taking place ever since Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and into the Earth with his wicked followers. God wants us to *choose* to serve Him, although we have free will to choose to serve who we want to.

As far as leading people astray in concerned, I believe he's already done this through false religion and sending people to die in wars based on lies and deceit. Specifically the Middle East.

Regarding the Anti-Christ. I've heard it's either Barack Obama or Prince Harry. (who apparently is experimenting with the Shroud of Turin, which was located in Jesus' tomb.)

Take care.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#110    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:38 AM

View PostInsaniac, on 02 December 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Don't be fooled, Brother. Satan is indeed an individual. Used to be an Angel at one point. I suspect it is the Pope. He claims to be a Christian, but he goes against all of Christ's teachings. All of them.

There has been a war taking place ever since Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and into the Earth with his wicked followers. God wants us to *choose* to serve Him, although we have free will to choose to serve who we want to.

As far as leading people astray in concerned, I believe he's already done this through false religion and sending people to die in wars based on lies and deceit. Specifically the Middle East.

Regarding the Anti-Christ. I've heard it's either Barack Obama or Prince Harry. (who apparently is experimenting with the Shroud of Turin, which was located in Jesus' tomb.)

Take care.

Well... You certainly don't have to worry about me being fooled by anyone like the Antichrist, or really anyone for that matter. As I said, I don't follow anyone but Christ himself.

Also, I may not be a big fan of the pope, but Antichrist he is not. If anything he might be the false prophet mentioned in Revelation, that is if Revelation turns out to be true, though I doubt it... :td:  The pope claims allegience with Christ, which of course the validity of that claim is yet to be determined. Though regardless, he does claim it none the less, which is something I doubt the Antichrist would do. (however I'm assuming you're refering to the pope being the antichrist. How you worded it sounds as if you call him Satan himself... :hmm: )

Also, to the claims of Barack Obama and prince Henry being the Antichrist... Obama like the pope at least claims to be christian, which like I said is something I doubt the real Antichrist would do... As for prince Henry, I don't know about his religious affiliation, however I do know he is no more than a figurehead with practically no political power. I highly doubt that either would turn out to be such a being.

Just goes to show that this "Antichrist" is most likely no more than one of the prophet John's fearful delusions. :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#111    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

I am a Christian, and I understand many don't like that. .

• 4,832 posts

• "You'll know them by their fruits."

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I think that later maniscripts were added by Jerome, such as 2 Peter and Jude, which were disapproved by contemporary bishops throughout the Roman Empire.

The fight against Arianism likely spurred a huge influx of writings about false teachers and heretics.

Revelation and others seem to say different about the false prophet.  Likely, the earliest maniscripts never had it in the forefront  to warn about men denying the humanity or divinity of Jesus because those were later developments.  The biggest problem that early Christians faced within the Church was Judaizers that tried to bypass the salvation of Christ in favor of a justification by works.  

If anything, the antichrist would have been someone who subverted the grace of God and enslaved men to yet another codemning law.  If that is the case, then, yes, the office of the pope was very antichristian.

Edited by Bluefinger, 05 December 2012 - 01:44 PM.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#112    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

H.Clinton

#113    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

View PostFirestone66, on 10 February 2011 - 04:12 PM, said:

Jesus didn't make no reference to an Antichrist, so why should we believe it exists? Jesus did not ever acknowledge that he had a doppelgänger, an equal in evil.  I don't get it, somethings just develop over time I guess, it's amazing how the unofficial can become the official.

We don't know yet. Also, there are two individuals in the Biblical tribulation, the anti-Christ and the false prophet who proclaims him. The false prophet comes prior to the anti-Christ appearing, and supposedly is a very influential, charismatic person.

Edited by WoIverine, 05 December 2012 - 02:25 PM.

#114    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

• 4,832 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 05 December 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

We don't know yet. Also, there are two individuals in the Biblical tribulation, the anti-Christ and the false prophet who proclaims him. The false prophet comes prior to the anti-Christ appearing, and supposedly is a very influential, charismatic person.

I don't think Biblical authors ever made a distinction.  John says that anyone who says that Jesus did not come in the flesh is an antichrist.  To this extent, no political influnce is specified.  Of course, as a Christian, I question the authorship of the Epistles of John.  Clearly an agenda that is not typical of the earliest issues in the Church is painted all over them; namely, the rise of Christian heretics that challenge either the humanity of Jesus (Manichean) or the divinity of Jesus (Arian).  I wouldn't say that these aren't writings from Orthodox believers but are rather responses to heresies of the third and fourth centuries.

It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it well.     - Descartes

#115    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

Also known as dajjal. He is real in the most ridiculous way.

#116    Bluefinger

Bluefinger

• 4,832 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

The earliest Christian writings confronted the Judaizers, insisting that one wasn't justified by the works of the Mosaic Law.  To them, a false prophet or antichrist would be anyone trying to lead the Church back into obeying the works of the Mosaic Law.  

The Christian claim was that the curse of the Law was taken out on Jesus.  Those that believed in Him, then, did not have to suffer the curse of the Law (See Deuteronomy 28:15-68.)  In that case, the Jews that had rejected Jesus bore the curse of the Law on themselves and were driven out of Jerusalem.  Their temple was destroyed, their young ones sold in slavery, their weak slaughtered, and their strong sent as slaves for Roman parades and death games.   For over two thousand years, the Jews were chased out wherever they hid, killed for their heritage, and made a byword wherever they fled to.  We can see the devastation of the curse on the Jews during World War II and how 6 million of them perished at the Nazi concentration camps.  All this while the Christians enjoyed relative prosperity.

So, the early writers were pleading with their disciples not to return to Judaism.  Those that did naturally answered the Jewish call to fight Rome and were therefore slaughtered with the rest of their brethren.  Thus, the antichrist, to the earliest Christians, were those who preached submission to the Mosaic Law, the mark of the Jews.  Revelation confronts the Gentiles in Revelation 16, showing those that took the mark of the beast as suffering a similar fate as the Jews did.

Edited by Bluefinger, 05 December 2012 - 06:35 PM.

#117    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,948 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:40 AM

Joel osteen is the antichris

#118    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

Isn't it Obama? Or, at least that's what general consensus among religious fanatics dictates.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#119    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,797 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

View PostC235, on 05 December 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Also known as dajjal. He is real in the most ridiculous way.
Ahhh yes...the one eyed, one armed man who leads astray and is followed by, I think, Jews and women?  Maybe I'm mistaken.  But doesn't Issa al masee destroy him?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#120    C235

C235

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postand then, on 07 December 2012 - 11:32 AM, said:

Ahhh yes...the one eyed, one armed man who leads astray and is followed by, I think, Jews and women?  Maybe I'm mistaken.  But doesn't Issa al masee destroy him?

Ah don't spoil the story! He is suppos to destroy him :P in the future.

Edited by C235, 07 December 2012 - 11:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users