Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Shining Ones

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:53 AM

View Postcurseofhe44, on 16 January 2012 - 03:41 AM, said:

My response to you will be the same question I posed to Mr. Harte.  If UM columns (and apparently the writers of such, judging by what you said), are so beneath your own "stellar thinking," then why "lower" yourself to read them anyway?  Perhaps you should move on to more heavily reference reading materials than unexplained phenomena and the paranormal can offer you.

I can only echo Mr. Harte. Nonsense needs to be countered before it is allowed to set root and seed ignorance. And I will comment on anything I see fit, thank you. When one posts on a discussion forum, one invites all members to comment. Expect some criticism. If one can't take that, well, then one probably shouldn't post at all.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#17    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,639 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

Could these be the Nepthalim of the old testament?  Scions of angels and humans?  Giants they were called...

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#18    curseofhe44

curseofhe44

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:45 AM

View PostHarte, on 17 January 2012 - 01:22 PM, said:

Short answer - to respond to the proliferation of total crap on the internet, in general.

Specifically, to help people like yourself.

You'd do well to abandon your strategy of telling people what not to read or do.

Harte

I don't recall telling anyone what to read or not read. That was apparently only your ego, since all I spoke of was merely a suggestion. And your short answer? Again, I think you just need to feed your ego to make yourself feel as though you are above everyone else. Sad, really. I don't think I'll abandon THAT thought.

#19    curseofhe44

curseofhe44

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:47 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 20 January 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:

I can only echo Mr. Harte. Nonsense needs to be countered before it is allowed to set root and seed ignorance. And I will comment on anything I see fit, thank you. When one posts on a discussion forum, one invites all members to comment. Expect some criticism. If one can't take that, well, then one probably shouldn't post at all.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Same to you!

#20    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Postcurseofhe44, on 22 January 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

Same to you!

I take criticism very well, thank you - it is part of my job. Now, why don't you address the very simple scientific observations Mr. Harte made in his first post? Because you can't,I am guessing. As he was absolutely correct in his observations. I will be more than willing to answer any questions you might have on this subject, and I am sure Mr. Harte would to.

However, you ignorant statements are just that, ignorant. You honestly come across as someone that don't like a given system of belief questioned and at the same time is willing to look the other way when facts are presented. In other words, grow up.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#21    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,966 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

View Postcurseofhe44, on 22 January 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

I don't recall telling anyone what to read or not read. That was apparently only your ego, since all I spoke of was merely a suggestion. And your short answer? Again, I think you just need to feed your ego to make yourself feel as though you are above everyone else. Sad, really. I don't think I'll abandon THAT thought.
I was referring to:

Perhaps you should move on to more heavily reference reading materials than unexplained phenomena and the paranormal can offer you.

You won't "abandon that thought?"

Well, it seems that, at least, you might have one.

I read the article because I'm interested.  I'm also interested in any intelligent remarks from others that might add to my knowledge base.

Obviously, your remarks fall somewhere outside that category.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#22    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:49 PM

View Postcurseofhe44, on 22 January 2012 - 07:45 AM, said:

Frankly, you should pay some heed to what Mr. Harte is saying. His breadth of knowledge is amazing and another quality that he possess, that many unfortunately lack, is that he actually takes the time to research and educate himself on the matters on which he comments.

Cheers,
Badeskov

#23    Maxsshoephone

Maxsshoephone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:11 AM

The problem I have with this explanation is it's circularity - defining hubris in the angels and then suggesting the same action yourself - the unfortunate truth is that man is as capable of "creating" a shining of their own to the same extent that the shining had the capacity to create themselves - in essence overtaking God.  I'm sorry to say this but it is all falacious.  You omit the fact that not all angels fell did they?  Coming back to your circular argument - being of hubris intent - I doubt you or any of your kind would listen anyway.

#24    Maxsshoephone

Maxsshoephone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:12 AM

In posting my two cents worth - I do not require change from you - so please don't bother answering...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users