Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Zombies

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#16    GenerationNine

GenerationNine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

• Never assume.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:09 PM

There are two types of zombies, the brainwashed, voodoo zombies, and the cannibalistic corpse zombies. The voodoo zombies could potentially exist, I think - I've heard stories about the actual process of creating one, and it sort of makes sense. Undead zombies, however, can't possibly exist. First of all, they originated in George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" in 1968. The term "zombie" was never used in the movie, but somehow it came up and has since become synonymous with the cannibalistic corpses we know and love today. However, they don't even make sense.

Think about it: in order for the zombie to do literally anything, the brain has to be alive. That makes sense - you have to destroy the brain in order to kill it for good, right? So far so good. However, if the brain is alive, wouldn't the rest of it be, too? But it's not. The rest of the body continues to decay - organs, skin, muscles, everything. And yet somehow, the zombie is still able to move, despite the lack of muscle tissue. Also, how do zombies even live? They have no working systems to speak of. They can't digest any of the flesh they eat, their open wounds are constantly exposed to infectious diseases, they constantly suffer from major injuries, hell they can even survive a decapitation. I love zombies, and they will forever be one of my favorite subgenres of horror, but we can all rest easy knowing that we'll never have to actually run from one.

It's important to be both skeptical and open-minded.

#17    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• "The Truth is out there."

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:27 PM

Is this scary krocodil drug here in the USA and Canada now?

"The truth is out there......but are we willing to accept it when we find it?"

#18    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:31 PM

What about the government using these zombie drugs on the populace in order to control them? Or even as an excuse to terminate them? Population reduction?

#19    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostIcarus13, on 20 February 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

Zombies originated in Haiti on sugar cane plantations. Plantation owners wanting cheap labour would go around town poisoning people using as mentionned the puffer fish toxin which would slow the heart rate down to a crawl and cause paralysis. Families would bury their family members who they thought were dead. At night the plantation owners would go dig up the graves and bring those poor people back to work once the toxin wore off, keeping them drugged constantly. On a few occasions either the plantation owners would forget to give them their daily dose or would simply pass away and those  "zombies" would come back to their senses often coming back to their villages to families that burried them years prior.  And voila!...zombies explained.

Well documented case.   http://en.wikipedia....irvius_Narcisse

Everything you said is correct, except the Zombie thing goes back a lot further in history than that.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

But in the case of haiti and voodoo the person actually becoming the zombie was never dead in the first place.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#21    JustMeRicky

JustMeRicky

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 08 March 2013 - 05:43 PM, said:

But in the case of haiti and voodoo the person actually becoming the zombie was never dead in the first place.

Yes you are right, that is a good point.

#22    -M7

-M7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

• Open your mind to new ideas. There can be something else in play.

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

I've actually come up with a practical possible cure for the "zombie virus"; NANITES!

The thing is through: I have no idea if it will work or not...And Nanites need to be completely developed first too.

#23    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:49 AM

"Practical" is not the word I'd use for a cure that doesn't exist and which you have no idea is even workable.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#24    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,580 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

In Zombie movies why do Zombies always try to catch living people to eat,instead of having a go at eating each other ???and how do the live people always get caught by the slow moving dead people.Amazing but it pulls in Dollars.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#25    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 02 September 2013 - 06:51 PM, said:

In Zombie movies why do Zombies always try to catch living people to eat,instead of having a go at eating each other ???and how do the live people always get caught by the slow moving dead people.Amazing but it pulls in Dollars.
becaise they go after beating hearts and warm flesh, other zombies dont have beating hearts or warm flesh. People always get caught in the movies so that the audiance can see a gruesome death

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#26    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,168 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

View PostColumbo, on 06 March 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

What about the government using these zombie drugs on the populace in order to control them? Or even as an excuse to terminate them? Population reduction?

I like it, we should look into this, I'll put it in a memo

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#27    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

If you back to the original term and meaning http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

""Zombi" is also another name of the Vodou snake lwaDamballah Wedo, of Niger–Congo origin; it is akin to theKikongo word nzambi, which means "god"."r
Which brings you too a snake god, or sky god
"Damballah is the Sky God and considered the primordialcreator of all life. The veve of Damballah comprises two serpents prominent among other emblems."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damballa

And this one also linked is about Loa of Hati voodoo
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loa

#28    GenerationNine

GenerationNine

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 153 posts

• Never assume.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

That depends on what kind of zombie you're talking about. If you've been hearing stories about it being real in the news or other media, I assume you're talking about cannibalistic corpses. They are not a new thing - like Coffey said, tales of such creatures date as far back as ancient Egypt. However, they did not acquire the name "zombies" until George Romero's Night of the Living Dead in 1968. Romero himself never called them zombies - the term was never used in the movie. I actually don't know who first did, but that how's the zombies we know and love today came about. And no, they're not real. They're impossible.

Zombies in general, though, can exist. They're basically just an animals that has lost all control over themselves. Haitian voodoo priests created zombies, for example - drugged human slaves. That's what movies like White Zombie are about.

It's important to be both skeptical and open-minded.

#29    HeathenRoyalty

HeathenRoyalty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 329 posts

• "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." -Hunter S. Thompson

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 19 February 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

This i sure you know is caused by tetrodotoxin from the pufferfish,but now days most in mental hospitals act almost zombie like themselves.

Actually it isn't caused by the puffer fish. Death comes from the puffer fish. In Haiti, the witch doctors who brought their religion from Africa, use plants to cause a subject to become a zombie. Try reading the book The Serpent and the Rainbow. Or watch the movie if you wish.

#30    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,168 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:40 AM

I must misremember the movie, I thought they used puffer f-

OH crap that's Buried Alive.
I hate doing that with details

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users