Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Point Pleasant MIB and Indrid Cold

Coyote Speaks

I recently watched the documentary "Eyes of the Mothman" (still available for streaming on Netflix instant) and was intrigued by how in depth the weirdness of Point Pleasant was. Numerous interviews in the documentary alluded to UFOs being cited in the daytime, with what appeared to be 'blue collar' workers performing a variety of menial tasks. Similarly, the MIB encounters at the time were quite strange.

The Men in Black drove outdated cars, and appeared to not understand very basic technology. Mary Hyre, the journalist who wrote most of the UFO and mothman stories at the time noted that one expressed wonder at a pen, and as he walked away laughed maniacally, fascinated by it. The first encounter with Indrid Cold described him as being identical in appearance to the MIB.

I was wondering if this topic had been brought up much before, and what the fellow members of the board made of Cold, the Point Pleasant UFOs, and the Men in Black encounters that happened there. Have there been similar ones since?

• Like 1

I seem to recall a poster here who claims a MiB encounter.

Read "The Mothman Prophecies".. :yes:

I've been tempted to on several occasions, but read that Keel was not the most reliable source as he tended to embellish the stories he heard rather often. Is that true, or was I misinformed?

I seem to recall a poster here who claims a MiB encounter.

That would be quite interesting to hear about! If a search doesn't yield up much, I may start a new thread about that alone. Thank you for the heads up!