Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is earth's oldest civliization

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: What is earth's oldest civilization? (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these do you suspect is the oldest?

1. Egypt (14 votes [31.82%])

Percentage of vote: 31.82%

2. Iraq (13 votes [29.55%])

Percentage of vote: 29.55%

3. Iran (3 votes [6.82%])

Percentage of vote: 6.82%

4. Spain/France (3 votes [6.82%])

5. Indus region (5 votes [11.36%])

Percentage of vote: 11.36%

6. Bolivia (3 votes [6.82%])

7. Western China (3 votes [6.82%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 02 December 2006 - 04:22 AM

A metallic sphere from South Africa with three parallel grooves around its equator (photo courtesy of Roelf Marx). The sphere was found in a Precambrian mineral deposit, said to be 2.8 billion years old. [p. 813, Forbidden Archeology]

Its an OOPart:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OOPArt

"such as the Antikythera mechanism, have forced scientists to reassess the technology of ancient civilization, critics regard most cases of OOPArt as the result of mistaken interpretation or wishful thinking. Supporters regard them as evidence that mainstream science is overlooking huge areas of knowledge, either willfully or through ignorance."

http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa072098.htm
http://www.earth-house.com/Green_Homes/Mys...ts/ooparts.html

In our relatively modern history mankind has witnessed the rise and fall of many great civilizations, the remnants of which we can still visit and marvel in these ancient achievments.

I can't help but wonder how many great civilizations existed undocumented?
How many civilizations existed and were wiped out by some great cataclysm....and are now buried deep beneath the history of our post cataclysmic empires.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#17    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:29 AM

You say it's man made and 1,750,000 years old; that's over 10 times older than the entire Homo S. Sapien species!

That does not make it impossible. It makes it a mystery and something to ponder. Perhaps humans were around longer than we thought? If this is indeed a man made bridge which is actually the age stated above, then it is evidence of some sort of intelligence similar to that of a human existing back then. Instead of ignoring it because it "doesn't agree with current knowledge", we need to look further into it.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#18    Raptor

Raptor

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,085 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 11:04 AM

That does not make it impossible. It makes it a mystery and something to ponder. Perhaps humans were around longer than we thought? If this is indeed a man made bridge which is actually the age stated above, then it is evidence of some sort of intelligence similar to that of a human existing back then. Instead of ignoring it because it "doesn't agree with current knowledge", we need to look further into it.

I agree with your idea, but;

QUOTE(Raptor X7)
Rama's Bridge is 3,500 years old.

#19    mystery dude

mystery dude

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 132 posts

• I Fell Down The Mountain, Cause I Jumped Off The Cliff..........

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

How many civilizations existed and were wiped out by some great cataclysm....and are now buried deep beneath the history of our post cataclysmic empires.

Mabey something like "Atlants" or the island "Mu" could have been the cradle of civillization.......(if they existead) huh.gif

#20    Symbol

Symbol

Apparition

• Closed
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 06:50 PM

Wasn't it the Phoenicians?

#21    cheo_vl

cheo_vl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 281 posts

• "the oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:38 PM

THE OLDEST CIVILIZATION WAS THE SUMERIAN. was it the first? probably not, but until we have some hard evidence of the existence of some other civilization, the sumerians are the oldest. maybe someday we will find proof that avalon, atlantis or lemuria existed, but until we do the sumerians are the oldest

#22    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:56 AM

the oldest civilization was alteast in the middle east where animals were domesticated and farms were cultivated. but in order for it to be a civilization, it must have a stable food source, a language, a govermant of some sort, currency of a sort, and some sort of comerce or trade.

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

#23    Conspiracy

Conspiracy

Poltergeist

• 3,074 posts

• "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

Wouldn't it make more sense to say that this ball could be a hoax, rather than to say that dozens of fields of science are outright wrong? Especially seeing as it's pretty much the only piece of 'evidence' to support your theory.

3 billion years leaves a large gap, any signs of a civilization would be long gone by now

Posted Image

#24    speshall mareens

speshall mareens

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

• "hand me the holy hand grenade!!" monty python, search for the holy grail

Posted 28 January 2007 - 01:41 PM

Antarctica may conceal the oldest civilization. With the progression of global warming we may be able prove this original.gif

http://www.prep.mcneese.edu/engr/engr321/preis/piri_r~1.htm

surely you jest?!!antartica has been cold ever sense mammals took over the planet and dinosaurs died. and itt was STILL cold in the winter in the cretaceouse. so by te itme of, o say, working-man, the first to use stone tools and have a possiblelanguage though doubted, antarctica would be plenty cold and hard for early man to get a start there. now i am NOT sayin thatworking-man (for got name) had the first civilization. i am saying that even at that point antarctica was NOT the first civiliztion.in fact WE still haven't colonized it.

speshall mareens;
       the few,
    the proud the,
mentally challenged

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users