Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

5 suns!?! wow!

telirium

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• telirium

• Waspie_Dwarf

• Picturesque Orion

• AmazingAtheist

You know this can't be true no? You know that we only have one sun no? You know that this is most problably a fake no? I hope so............ :rolleyes:

I believe its a atmospheric condition caused by ice cyrstals. As you can see later on the video that it was cold and it had snowed where this has accured. That the best guess that I have unless otherwise posted.

We only have one sun, if we had five, we would need a hell of a lot of sunscreen for protection :lol:
We only have one sun in our galaxy, But astronomers have said that there are other suns out there.

please do not think our galaxy is the only one, the universe is limitless so there is other galaxies thus many planets thus many suns the end....

We only have one sun in our galaxy, But astronomers have said that there are other suns out there.

please do not think our galaxy is the only one, the universe is limitless so there is other galaxies thus many planets thus many suns the end....

Ok, let's see both of you, nobody here is stupid, the Earth has ONE companion star, this star is is called the sun (sol), we call this star our sun, we all know that there are many more other stars in the Milky Way and many other galaxies, but the closest one to us is the sun, is only 1 AU in distance while other stars are lightyears away.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO SPIKEMAN: The sun is the closest star to our planet Earth, and so it is our companion star and the one that keeps the planet warm, our own planet, many other planets and our companion star ( the sun) are in a galaxy called the Milky Way, this galaxy in which we are in is fillled with many other stars, you said that there is only one star in the Milky Way......... priceless..... did you know I learned all this in 2nd grade of primary school? :rolleyes:

The Milky Way is one of many other millions of galaxies, each one filled with stars and planets and other celestial wonders, please, I beg of you, DO SOME BASIC STUDY BEFORE POSTING IN THE ASTRONOMY FORUM; FOR THE GOOD OF ALL OF US.

Edited by Alex01

Ok, let's see both of you, nobody here is stupid, the Earth has ONE companion star, this star is is called the sun (sol), we call this star our sun, we all know that there are many more other stars in the Milky Way and many other galaxies, but the closest one to us is the sun, is only 1 AU in distance while other stars are lightyears away.

IMPORTANT NOTE TO SPIKEMAN: The sun is the closest star to our planet Earth, and so it is our companion star and the one that keeps the planet warm, our own planet, many other planets and our companion star ( the sun) are in a galaxy called the Milky Way, this galaxy in which we are in is fillled with many other stars, you said that there is only one star in the Milky Way......... priceless..... did you know I learned all this in 2nd grade of primary school? :rolleyes:

The Milky Way is one of many other millions of galaxies, each one filled with stars and planets and other celestial wonders, please, I beg of you, DO SOME BASIC STUDY BEFORE POSTING IN THE ASTRONOMY FORUM; FOR THE GOOD OF ALL OF US.

:lol: x 10 !!!!!!!

yup, the atmosphere at that angel was separating the lights and making separate images of the same sun.

uh hello u just requoted what i said and made your self sound smarter. i cant defend spikeman because he obviously does not have up to date knowledge or our universe.

main point: you cannot know for sure what cause this there is unlimited possibilities that cannot be explained, do not make yourself sound like god, your not.

edit: im not r******ed i did not say we were seeing stars/suns from another galaxy haha u really think anyone could suggest that, i meant the universe is endless, thus possibilities endless.

Edited by snowjob

yup, the atmosphere at that angel was separating the lights and making separate images of the same sun.

read my post above, although that sounds like the best-fit solution which i can't argue, sounds good, you can't know for sure.

as for what i said in my first post i did not mean that we saw suns from other galaxies if that is what alex01 was implying, just saying its a vast universe and i wouldn't be suprised if the sky suddenly turned green permantly, endless possibilities........

uh hello u just requoted what i said and made your self sound smarter. i cant defend spikeman because he obviously does not have up to date knowledge or our universe.

main point: you cannot know for sure what cause this there is unlimited possibilities that cannot be explained, do not make yourself sound like god, your not.

Two points here, as Alex01's post was an articulate explanation of the facts it was hardly a repost of what you said.

Secondly and most importantly cut out the personal attacks. As you are still fairly new to this site I strongly suggest that you click on the link marked Rules at the top of this page and familiarise your self with the terms of service of this site.

That is really cool. I can understand the hysteria such a phenomena would bring. It's not everyday you see "5 suns".

I translated one of the comments with a cyrililic / english translation.

Unfortunately, I was not the witness of this phenomenon - this roller has been written down by friends on a cellular telephone. There was it in Kazakhstan, the Aktyubinsk area, settlement Shubarkuduk in February, 2007. The phenomenon last within an hour and has disappeared also suddenly as well as has appeared. Scientists give this phenomenon such name as гало. But behind it стаит something greater, than simply phenomena in an atmosphere which arise owing to refraction and reflection of light by ice crystals. My life is connected with energy

I believe its a atmospheric condition caused by ice cyrstals. As you can see later on the video that it was cold and it had snowed where this has accured. That the best guess that I have unless otherwise posted.

This is almost certainly correct, I disagree with Alex01 that this is fake.

I have been doing some research on this on the excellent atmospheric optics site: http://www.atoptics.co.uk/

Certainly the two "false suns" nearest the real sun look like the sundogs (parhelia to give them their technical name) that I am familiar with and have seen many times myself. These are 22o parhelia (as they are 22o from the sun). The circle passing through the sun and the sundogs is a parhelic circle. The second set of sun dogs further out are a less common form of sundog, 120o parhelia.

Although this is an unusual display it is not unprecedented, in fact the site I linked to has some photographs of far more complicated displays.

This is almost certainly correct, I disagree with Alex01 that this is fake.

I have been doing some research on this on the excellent atmospheric optics site: http://www.atoptics.co.uk/

Certainly the two "false suns" nearest the real sun look like the sundogs (parhelia to give them their technical name) that I am familiar with and have seen many times myself. These are 22o parhelia (as they are 22o from the sun). The circle passing through the sun and the sundogs is a parhelic circle. The second set of sun dogs further out are a less common form of sundog, 120o parhelia.

Although this is an unusual display it is not unprecedented, in fact the site I linked to has some photographs of far more complicated displays.

Hello Waspie Dwarf.

What I mean't when I said it is fake is that they are not really 5 suns, not really 5 stars, well anyone can deduce that by simple logic no?

It could be parhelia of course but........... there are 5?

so the 5 "suns" are an optical illusion right? is it an illusion of our eyes or a natural illusion? sorry if that doesn't make any sense

so the 5 "suns" are an optical illusion right? is it an illusion of our eyes or a natural illusion? sorry if that doesn't make any sense

It is caused by light being refracted through ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. There is just one sun but four images of the sun. I wouldn't use the expression "optical illusion" as there is no form of "trickery" involved, natural phenomenon would be more accurate.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf
I can't use the shift key properly... D'Oh!

It is caused by light being refracted through ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. There is just one sun but four images of the sun. I wouldn't use the expression "optical illusion" as there is no form of 2trickery2 involved, natural phenomenon would be more accurate.

Nice images on that website WD.

It is caused by light being refracted through ice crystals in the upper atmosphere. There is just one sun but four images of the sun. I wouldn't use the expression "optical illusion" as there is no form of 2trickery2 involved, natural phenomenon would be more accurate.

thanks waspie!

• 2 weeks later...

Of course! I am just glad that the Earth's nearest star (sun) is our only one, otherwise people's cupboards would be stocked up with suntan oil/lotion :lol:

Ok so you're going to believe that we are orbiting around five suns at once ..

And WE don't make sense?