Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Tournament match results

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
339 replies to this topic

#331    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:09 AM

thebarman (white) [wins] Vs Dowdy (black)

Great game mate, enjoyed that one  thumbsup.gif

...one more to go....

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#332    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,625 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

SaRuMaN (Black) [Wins] vs Colorless (White)

Well played. original.gif

#333    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

BurnSide (White) vs Dowdy (Black)

BurnSide wins, unfortunately by timeout.

#334    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,625 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:55 AM

To help move things along a bit i've removed SmallPackage as he has both the lowest number of games played and the most timeouts.

This means that we now have six players who have finished all their games, and two more have only one game to go. Once those are finished, I think we can wrap up this tournament as the remaining players won't be able to affect the top scorers anyway.

#335    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:31 PM

Woo that means i'm done!
Better score than last time. Movin on up-ah.

#336    Elfstone810

Elfstone810

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

• "Today there is no day or night.
    Today there is no wrong or right.
    Today there is no black or white --
    only shades of grey."

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:46 AM

I hate to tell you this Saru blush.gif but Bardude is wiping up the board with me.  I started out this game with no rythm for some reason and things have just gone downhill.  He'll undoubtedly be finishing me off early next week and then we'll both be done.

And, yeah, Burnsie!  I finished better this time than last too. grin2.gif  Yay us! yes.gif

The kitty made me do it!

Visit My Website
My Blog

#337    thebarman

thebarman

• 2,589 posts

• Avatar: A visual manifestation of your digital personality within a virtual world.

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:29 PM

I hate to tell you this Saru blush.gif but Bardude is wiping up the board with me.  I started out this game with no rythm for some reason and things have just gone downhill.  He'll undoubtedly be finishing me off early next week and then we'll both be done.

And, yeah, Burnsie!  I finished better this time than last too. grin2.gif  Yay us! yes.gif

Sorry elfy, I'd disagree though I thought you played very well to start with in that game, just after the queen was taken it all seemed to just fall apart sad.gif

Bardude (black) [Wins] Vs Elfstone (white)

...and that's me done, great tournement everyone, very well played  grin2.gif

and of course congrats once again to Talon, undisputed chess champ  thumbsup.gif

Edited by thebarman, 28 January 2006 - 01:36 PM.

Posted Image
Click the signature to get your own animated avatar
Are you artistic? Like designing? Come and join the Avatar Workshop!

#338    Elfstone810

Elfstone810

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

• "Today there is no day or night.
    Today there is no wrong or right.
    Today there is no black or white --
    only shades of grey."

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, that's the point at which it all went south for me. crying.gif  Just after I took that dang sacrificial bishop and you got my queen.  I suppose once in a while everyone just has one game that sucks.  Sorry I didn't give you a better run for your money this time. blush.gif  Congratulations, though! thumbsup.gif

And congrats to our top three winners, Talon (of course! rolleyes.gif tongue.gif), Bardude, and Saru! Yay you! original.gif

The kitty made me do it!

Visit My Website
My Blog

#339    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:21 AM

BurnSide (White) vs Dowdy (Black)

BurnSide wins, unfortunately by timeout.

Sorry about that. I just bought a little puppy so i was more occupied with him than the computer grin2.gif

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#340    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,625 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:44 AM

Ok I think we can safely bring this tournament to a close, as nobody else will be able to affect the top three placements from this point.

I'll post up the results in just a moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users