Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dragon Snake

Dragunai

I read on one of UM affiliates about a really Spooky Dragon / Snake that has been seen over hudreds of years. It apprently is About 60feet long and has very bright colours, Im not sure about wings but It was descibed as being a pretty nasty looking S.O.B.

If anyone has anymore info or images I'd apprecaite it.

Dragunai

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragunai

• Seraphina

• SilverCougar

• jenk

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...if I remember correctly, somewhere in the image gallary there was a picture of a snake that was supposed to be...I forget the exact figure...50ft or so. I had a look for the image, but couldn't find it.

In any event, gigantic snakes aren't too hard to come by tongue.gif Although 60ft seems a little gargantuan, estimates are easy to mess up, and legends are usually exagerations. Probably whatever story you're thinking of was just a huge exageration of some large species of snake that lived wherever the story came from.

It's also not impossible it's just a demonisation of snakes...people tend to pick creatures they regard with fear to be the monsters and villains in their stories; snakes, wolves, tigers and such like.

Edited by Seraphina

Sounds like a messed up huge rainbow serpent.

Yeah, but the fact that it was flying....

Does that mean nothing?

And the part of the world isn't exact it was seen all over the place, I think mainly cause the sod could fly, although I probably did mess up the size, but it was an estimate.

Dragunai

um...what exactly do you mean by "all over the place"? Do you have any references to the same creature on many different continent? If so...that might be interesting.

However, it also depends on how far apart of the "sightings" are...if they're hundreds of years apart, it oculd be people migrated from where the legend origonated, and took it with them to other places, where it was "miraculously" spotted too tongue.gif

um...what exactly do you mean by "all over the place"? Do you have any references to the same creature on many different continent? If so...that might be interesting.

However, it also depends on how far apart of the "sightings" are...if they're hundreds of years apart, it oculd be people migrated from where the legend origonated, and took it with them to other places, where it was "miraculously" spotted too tongue.gif

Well, It was seen in America and Europe.

First by a farmer in Texas and about 1 hour later over a Fort in Cali.

Then a few years later it was seen ov er Bulgaira and the Black Forest.

It has also been seen in the modern age by Fighter pilots.

Oh and the farmer was after You Americans had estabilished a military force over in The U.S of A.

Well if it flys then it's not a rainbow serpent, thats for sure.... I research animals for fun and I know a #$@% load of different species but I can't think of any thing that fits this at all.... Interesting. So it can't be a animal that someone got confused with.

Edited by jenk

Hmmm did the snake have feathers?

Yeah, heh- Maybe they saw Quetzecoatl, the Mayan feathered serpent god. Texas isn't to far from mexico...

-j.

QUOTE (Dragunai @ May 11 2004, 04:47 PM)

Does that mean nothing?

Click Here for A snake that can fly

aah cool link!!! i wish i had one...lol....but seriously

dragunai...i know the legend youre talking about...although i thought it originated in china??? who knows huh.gif

QUOTE (Dragunai @ May 11 2004, 04:47 PM)

Does that mean nothing?

Click Here for A snake that can fly

aah cool link!!! i wish i had one...lol....but seriously

dragunai...i know the legend youre talking about...although i thought it originated in china??? who knows huh.gif

The snake from central america was huge, and could fly. It's most distinguishing charicteristic is the feathers it sported. That's why I asked if this dragon snake of Dragunai's had feathers wink2.gif

If not, then did it have bat-like wings? Could just as easily be a Wyvernix.

Edited by SilverCougar