Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jung's Typology Test

Aere Thalia

Typology Results  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What type are you? (-pick each group you're in-)

• Introverted (I)
    • Extroverted (E)
    • Intuitive (N)
    • Sensing (S)
    • Feeling (F)
    • Thinking (T)
    • Judging (J)
    • Perceiving (P)

I was just wondering how accurate this kind of test is, which involves the person's psychology and personality. Also, how often a specific 'type' occurs.

Test

About 4 Main Temperaments and Descriptions by D. Keirsey (subcategories available at the bottom of the page)

Description of each Type by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

My results

Your Type is: INTJ

INTJ Type

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

* distinctively expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed judging personality

Edited by Risov Misa

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Space Commander Travis

• Virtual Particle

• Aere Thalia

• 555soul

For me its an issue of roots. :yes:

Any thoughts?

INFP

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* slightly expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

Sounds pretty much like me.

The career indicator link is interesting, as my two main careers, and the one I was considering entering when I was younger, are right for my personality type. :)

Edited by Purplos

INSTP - A fast moving and well tuned introvert. That's because I use STP lubrication; my oil is changed often and I use the right parts.

I was just looking at the other links at Dr. Keirsey's site and I found this: Keirsey's Personality Zone

Its pretty interesting.

Any thoughts?

Well if you mean family roots, I agree to an extent that it does have an influence on the person an individual becomes, and in turn more often than not shape their interests whether they react positively or negatively toward their influence for the most part.

INFP

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* slightly expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed perceiving personality

Sounds pretty much like me.

The career indicator link is interesting, as my two main careers, and the one I was considering entering when I was younger, are right for my personality type. :)

Interesting, I find that my results and descriptions had been fairly accurate, there were a few things that didn't match up, but a majority of it is true, which was quite surprising.

I also did a search for the second book by Dr. Keirsey, it goes into more depth about the 'types' and gives some great insight and new perspectives on certain traits.

Edited by Risov Misa

I'm not sure how accurate this is. I'm certainly extroverted, and intuitive, but I'd say my thinking is much higher than a mere 25%. I also don't consider myself a judging person because I go out of my way not to do so.

ENTJ

Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

Strength of the preferences %

44 75 25 56

ENTJ type description by D.Keirsey

ENTJ Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ ENTJ Famous Personalities

ENTJ type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:

moderately expressed extravert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed judging personality

Any thoughts?

I'm actually nothing like my roots. My fathers side of the family are alcoholics, my mothers side religious zealots. I'm neither, and of my entire family, I'm the only one to go to college. Most of my family are hillbillies. I stand out as if I'm the milkmans kid. The only way to distinguish me as being part of my family is my physical traits. Outside that, they are almost strangers to me.

Introverted 56, Sensing 50, Thinking 25, Judging 33.

Was interesting.

I'm actually nothing like my roots. My father’s side of the family are alcoholics, my mothers side religious zealots. I'm neither, and of my entire family, I'm the only one to go to college. Most of my family are hillbillies. I stand out as if I'm the milkmans kid. The only way to distinguish me as being part of my family is my physical traits. Outside that, they are almost strangers to me.

From me, Dad side is Chinese, Japanese, and German/Israeli, Mom's is Native American and a blend of Hindu and African; as far as problems I am sure they had there share. Facially my mother and I are hard to tell apart. She comes from a town near the center of the island of Puerto Rico, which from a certain context makes me a hillbilly in all respects (she decided to become a nurse).

I recently decided to stop functioning with one hand tied behind my back and I was one of those kids who claimed I reincarnated many times before this life.

These days I have grown tired of simply looking at life from the context of the past and present and given my past, there is a clear alternative.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad

I am

You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Does anyone know what it means?

This is exciting.

Your Type is

INFP

Strength of the preferences %

Introverted 78

Intuitive 38

Feeling 75

Perceiving 11

You are:

• * very expressed introvert

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed perceiving personality

:o

Edited by 747400

Famous people of your particular type

Princess Diana, Michel de Montaigne, J.K. Rowling, Anton Chekhov

:o

ENTJ - the Field Marshall -

You are:

slightly expressed extravert

slightly expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

distinctively expressed judging personality

No doubt, this is and always has been my personality. I am a director, a planner, an organizer and love to be in charge and in the middle of things :) It's been a few years since I've taken this test; I was curious to see if anything had changed but nope! I am still the same bossy woman I've always been. :P

Hardly more than two percent of the total population, Fieldmarshals are bound to lead others, and from an early age they can be observed taking command of groups. In some cases, they simply find themselves in charge of groups, and are mystified as to how this happened. But the reason is that they have a strong natural urge to give structure and direction wherever they are - to harness people in the field and to direct them to achieve distant goals. They resemble Supervisors in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but Fieldmarshals search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures.

I believe we have a variety of layers, like an onion. The more that onion grows, the more layers. Each of those archetypes are represented within our onion layers.

We draw from various layers at various times to reflect the greater truth of the whole.

I'm an introvert and that hails from a particular place of my life. I am an extrovert and that hails from.....

When I'm inside, I'm inside - when I'm outside, I'm outside. We are all dynamic beings and grow at a variety of dynamic paces.

Some show slow or no growth on a visible level to those outside that person for long periods of time - others reinvent self every 5 years and are on a constant course of growth.

I can get on a stage of 500 people and perform and love it. I can get off the stage and go deep within myself.

I can launch into a group of 12 people and love it, walk in off of the street and place my self into a retail store I've never been into and start brokering a deal with the owner and the staff and be all smiles.

I can stay inside my house for 5 and 6 days, rarely leaving and submerging within research until it's time to go grocery shopping.

I can lie on a beach and go tanning or tan. I can chart the movements of the stars and the moon at 5 am. Jung's theories are archetypes. So long as we understand his ideas are maleable and not concrete, we are fine. So long as we approach Jung as philosophers.

This was me

slightly expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

very expressed judging personality

Most people would say that sounds like me. I didnt really think so until i saw the most likely job descriptor "ïdealist counsellor" Thats basically the role i have found in life, partly disguised as a teacher of young people.

Mahatma ghandi had a similar personality, among others. Thus, in this case, i guess having a judging personality means more as in, weighing /evaluating than in being judgemental. Still i felt uncomfortable picking an either/ o,r for many of the questions. I am more comlex than tha,t and in many cases did not clearly have a preference.

Edited by Mr Walker

Your Type is..

INFJ

Introverted 78

Intuitive 25

Feeling 50

Judging 1

You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed judging personality