Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is there a Bigfoot language?

vocalizations bigfoot language howls growls screams

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 36,941 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

A fascinating category of evidence involves claims of a Bigfoot language. Eyewitnesses report hearing howls, whoops, growls, screams, mumbles, whistles and other strange vocalizations in the wild, and attribute these to Bigfoot.

Variant forms of Bigfoot are found across cultures, and the Sasquatch, Himalayan Yeti, Australian Yowie and other alleged creatures are similarly believed to produce vocalizations. Other Bigfoot communication includes the mimicry of wildlife and forest sounds, wood-knocking, rock-knocking and rock-throwing.

http://blogs.scienti...gfoot-language/

Posted Image

#2    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Spectating

• 4,729 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Why do I see 'Bigfoot translation videos' appearing on Youtube soon...

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#3    tinysbox13

tinysbox13

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

• "**** Happens"

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

A fascinating category of evidence involves claims of a Bigfoot language. Eyewitnesses report hearing howls, whoops, growls, screams, mumbles, whistles and other strange vocalizations in the wild, and attribute these to Bigfoot.

Best thing is on the show "Finding Bigfoot" when they yell out like idiots in the dark, but if the **** works...

cogito ergo sum

#4    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:38 PM

I would think you would have to have a bigfoot before it could have a language. I may be wrong, but most mythical creatures that don't exist most likely don't have a language. The problem with all of these yahoos running around in the woods thinking every crack, whoop, screech, and yell is a bigfoot seems to be that they are completely ignorant of the sounds that the native wildlife can make. If you haven't been in the outdoors, and witnessed first hand the different array of sounds that can be made by native wildlife then sure everything will sound foreign. I guess if you want to believe bad enough you can make anything into a bigfoot vocalization.

Mike

#5    Jacques Terreur

Jacques Terreur

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:42 PM

you beat me to it, i just wanted to say "is there a bigfoot"?? :D

#6    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Every animal has its own mannerisms and ways of communicating, so if Bigfeet/ Bigfoot exists I don't see any reason that they to wouldn't have a way of communicating with each other

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#7    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,516 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 25 July 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

Every animal has its own mannerisms and ways of communicating, so if Bigfeet/ Bigfoot exists I don't see any reason that they to wouldn't have a way of communicating with each other

I was going to say this too. R4 said it rather well :tu:

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

At least in the US, I'd say that Bigfoot speaks English - at least that's the native tongue of the various Bigfoot hunters that out in the woods yelling at each other in the middle of the night.  Although the debate is still on what language Bobo speaks.

As I've said before, we are so disconnected to the natural world these days that we wouldn't know the difference in the sounds of a screech owl, a Bigfoot, a horny possum, or a great blue heron.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

• "If you can't say something nice, be creative."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 July 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

At least in the US, I'd say that Bigfoot speaks English - at least that's the native tongue of the various Bigfoot hunters that out in the woods yelling at each other in the middle of the night.  Although the debate is still on what language Bobo speaks.

As I've said before, we are so disconnected to the natural world these days that we wouldn't know the difference in the sounds of a screech owl, a Bigfoot, a horny possum, or a great blue heron.

R-man has a good point. But if dolphin researchers are now claiming that individuals of the species identify ("name") one another with the various clicks and whistles which comprise dolphin language, why not love ballads for Bigfoot or hip-hop for the Yeti?

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#10    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 3,007 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 July 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

i should imagine that, sadly, there are people that know all too well what a horny possum sounds like.....
:-s

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#11    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

View Postshrooma, on 25 July 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

i should imagine that, sadly, there are people that know all too well what a horny possum sounds like.....
:-s

Don't judge - it gets lonely during those long winter nights in the mountains of West Virginia.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#12    shrooma

shrooma

.goddamn sexual tyrannosaur.

• 3,007 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostRafterman, on 25 July 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostRafterman, on 25 July 2013 - 04:29 PM, said:

Don't judge - it gets lonely during those long winter nights in the mountains of West Virginia.
:-D

Edited by shrooma, 25 July 2013 - 04:39 PM.

sometimes, your signature is worth nothing at all.

#13    hatecraft

hatecraft

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

It doesn't get that lonely here.

#14    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

View Posthatecraft, on 25 July 2013 - 07:02 PM, said:

It doesn't get that lonely here.

No, it doesn't.

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#15    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,520 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

LOL this thread just turned to something I don't know if I can say on this board :clap:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users