Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO Witness Urinates On Self

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
293 replies to this topic

#166    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:40 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

If you are out to feel insulted about nothing, please do.

If you are, however, able to read, you'd know that I said that I myself would be pretty amazed viewing a spectacle like that, at 4 AM in the morning after just having woken up from my sleep.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be insulted by.

Yes, nature is amazing. You should check out the northern lights sometime.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 05 September 2012 - 04:40 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#167    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 05 September 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be insulted by.

Yes, nature is amazing. You should check out the northern lights sometime.

So this is one of your normal responses:

"Does that mean stupid people? Who's not an average person? Selena Gomez"

Seems a bit over the top to me.

Not many people have ever seen 'moondogs', and that was all I was saying. Combine that with the time of day. and having woken up a minute before, and you get the picture.

#168    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

If you are out to feel insulted about nothing, please do.

If you are, however, able to read, you'd know that I said that I myself would be pretty amazed viewing a spectacle like that, at 4 AM in the morning after just having woken up from my sleep.

I've never seen one so I don't know, but from the pictures it looks like just about anyone could see that it was a reflection from the moon.  

As for our "experiencer" we really have no way of knowing if he's an idiot or the greatest genius who ever lived in Jonesboro. Arkansas.

I knew a guy from Arkansas in the Army who used to pay me to write letters to his girlfriend.  He wasn't stupid but he just never learned to read or write properly.  He could certainly knock down just about any target with a rifle, though, and I knew immediately that he was someone very reliable who you'd want on your side if it ever came to a real fight, even if he hadn't had much education.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 05 September 2012 - 04:47 PM.

#169    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

I've never seen one so I don't know, but from the pictures it looks like just about anyone could see that it was a reflection from the moon.  

Yeah, you are sleeping, your dogs wake you up, you still feel somewhat drowsy, you walk outside, and watch this at the horizon :

Posted Image

Or this:

Posted Image
... and you yawn, "Ah, just a reflection of the moon", and go back to bed or something.

Edited by Abramelin, 05 September 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#170    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:04 PM, said:

Yeah, you are sleeping, your dogs wake you up, you still feel somewhat drowsy, you walk outside, and watch this at the horizon :

Or this:

... and you yawn, "Ah, just a reflection of the moon", and go back to bed or something.

I would say that you all a very quickly adopting this suggestion or possible "explanation", but still based on the same limited information as yesterday.  It sounds plausible, and maybe it is plausible, but that doesn't make it a fact.

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 05 September 2012 - 05:12 PM.

#171    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 05:12 PM, said:

I would say that you all a very quickly adopting this suggestion or possible "explanation", but still based on the same limited information as yesterday.  It sounds plausible, and maybe it is plausible, but that doesn't make it a fact.

You suggested you would know it's a moon's reflection.

I am not saying this is what the guy saw, but if this is what he saw, then it's understandable he would have thought he'd seen UFOs.

Maybe you are a qualified astronomer, or at least a very enthousiastic amateur astronomer, and so you'd know within a sec what your were looking at.

But that is not true for most people; moondogs don't show up every night and everywhere.

Combine the image with a few clouds in the dark early morning sky and the moondog phenomenon could look even nore like a UFO.

==

Unless we can watch the video with our own eyes, all we can do is speculate what Kibby might have seen.

I have severe doubts we will ever find out more about this thing, unless someone contacts Kibby.

I do not expect much of it, however.

#172    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:23 PM

I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested it was Venus.  Did anyone check that?

#173    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 06:05 PM, said:

You suggested you would know it's a moon's reflection.

I am not saying this is what the guy saw, but if this is what he saw, then it's understandable he would have thought he'd seen UFOs.

Maybe you are a qualified astronomer, or at least a very enthousiastic amateur astronomer, and so you'd know within a sec what your were looking at.

But that is not true for most people; moondogs don't show up every night and everywhere.

Combine the image with a few clouds in the dark early morning sky and the moondog phenomenon could look even nore like a UFO.

==

Unless we can watch the video with our own eyes, all we can do is speculate what Kibby might have seen.

I have severe doubts we will ever find out more about this thing, unless someone contacts Kibby.

I do not expect much of it, however.
Let it go, otherwise powers of 'in the know' will crush you...
Where is our Big D? Conflict resolver? BBQ unites!

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#174    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,637 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:24 PM

I'm surprised that no one has yet suggested it was Venus.  Did anyone check that?

Venusdogs?

Edited by Sweetpumper, 05 September 2012 - 06:25 PM.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#175    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:28 PM

One website I looked at stated that Venus would only have been visible in the evening at that particular time, but maybe some of our "scientific skeptics" know more about these things than me and already would have checked this.

Venus had indeed been responsible for many UFO reports, and this is the type of thing real investigators always rule out in any UFO case like this.

Posted Image

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 05 September 2012 - 06:33 PM.

#176    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

Other planets are possibilities, of course, but Venus is always the brightest.

#177    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:54 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 05 September 2012 - 06:24 PM, said:

Let it go, otherwise powers of 'in the know' will crush you...
Where is our Big D? Conflict resolver? BBQ unites!

Maybe it was the earthquake lights.  You've heard of those, haven't you?

#178    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 05 September 2012 - 06:40 PM, said:

Other planets are possibilities, of course, but Venus is always the brightest.

Planets do not tend to disappear when you go back inside your house, and return within a short time.

"Moondogs", yes, it may take a couple of minutes, and when you return to view the spectacle again, it may have gone.

If you or anyone else  has a more credible explanation for what Kibby might have seen, don't hesitate to post about it.

#179    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 September 2012 - 08:14 PM, said:

Planets do not tend to disappear when you go back inside your house, and return within a short time.

"Moondogs", yes, it may take a couple of minutes, and when you return to view the spectacle again, it may have gone.

If you or anyone else  has a more credible explanation for what Kibby might have seen, don't hesitate to post about it.

It doesn't matter.  As I told you, I checked and none of them would have been visible in the Northern Hemisphere at that time.

http://www.google.co...ZMd0yOYn0FhI_SQ

#180    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,110 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

OK, so let's skip planets.

That still leaves "moondogs" as a reasonable explanation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users