Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 5 votes

Woodys Mystic Lounge

• Please log in to reply
1387 replies to this topic

#31    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 12 May 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

What do you mean by "other place" ??
I hope I explained...Our "old" forum.

#32    Frecklestoo

Frecklestoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• "Be the rainbow in somebody's cloud." ~ Maya Angelou

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:46 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 12 May 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

What do you mean by "other place" ??

We came from another website that was originally all about the show Lost.  But since the show ended, the forums there have gotten very lame, there is a lot of unnecessary drama by cliquey type people, and the person who runs the place has been less than impressive.  It's time to move on.  And TheWatcher, Airlybird, and I all have an interest in paranormal stuff and earthly mysteries.  We're also really nice people and a lot of fun. :P

Edited by Frecklestoo, 12 May 2012 - 12:47 AM.

#33    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:58 AM

View PostFrecklestoo, on 12 May 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

We came from another website that was originally all about the show Lost.  But since the show ended, the forums there have gotten very lame, there is a lot of unnecessary drama by cliquey type people, and the person who runs the place has been less than impressive.  It's time to move on.  And TheWatcher, Airlybird, and I all have an interest in paranormal stuff and earthly mysteries.  We're also really nice people and a lot of fun. :P

What she said...She said it much better than me...We actually had a paranormal section on that forum... so once we get settled in hopefully we can bring in some cool stuff to discuss. We hope for some regular posters to join us in our Woody family in the new and much improved Woodys.We are like that old Cheers bar...sometimes you want to go to a place where everybody knows your name

Edited by TheWatcher, 12 May 2012 - 01:02 AM.

#34    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,519 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

View PostFrecklestoo, on 12 May 2012 - 12:46 AM, said:

View PostTheWatcher, on 12 May 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

What she said...She said it much better than me...We actually had a paranormal section on that forum... so once we get settled in hopefully we can bring in some cool stuff to discuss. We hope for some regular posters to join us in our Woody family in the new and much improved Woodys.We are like that old Cheers bar...sometimes you want to go to a place where everybody knows your name

Well thank you to both of you for taking the time to explain this to me. I agree, all 3 of you  ( you two and Airlybird ) are great addition to our community, hopefully more people will post in this thread. Be patient, the community section of the forum is not the most popular, a lot of people doesn't post in it, only my "Canadians" thread caught up, so be patient ! And one more Manhattan for me ! :D

#35    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:13 AM

Thanks for the kind words. we will be patient and hope that who ever is meant to be here will find us...there are no mistakes. We will drop by our neighbors thread as well... Manhattan for you. Heading out for the night soon. Stay in the light.

Edited by TheWatcher, 12 May 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#36    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,064 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 12 May 2012 - 03:30 AM

I got it now too. Tons of paranormal stuff here to discuss. Also religion and politics and lots of stuff that is just weird. You can find just about anything in here. I understand how work gets in the way. During the week I'm not here til later at night but weekends I check in often. Be looking forward to your other posts also.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#37    airlybird

airlybird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "If you want to know the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
    ~J.K. Rowling

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 10 May 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Thanks for the manhattan ! *raising his drink to airlybird and Watcher*

Well I guess this place needs some entertainment, dancers, maybe a piano bar, something of that nature.

And the drink is great by the way. :D
*Poofs in and dragging big azz piano with me and plonks it down in thread*
Oooo now that looks kinda classy doncha think?
Shall I put it by the water fountain?
Morning Woodites, nice to see the faces in here (old and new)
I've also ordered some nice comfy leather armchairs to dot around the place and some fine ales, wines and spirits to stock up the bar, but I'll leave the cocktail menu to frecks (she's a cocktail queen and what she can't do with a shaker is nobody's business) but I want glitter bombs and cheeky vimtos added to that list because...Just le'yum.
I was scarce in woodys yesterday because I spent a little time having a good read around on the forum, some VERY good threads and lots of interesting stuff. I'm really impressed with this site and the posters here, looking forward to joining in...But I'm going to take my time and get more aquatinted first, cause...Ya know...I'm a delicate little flower an all that ;)
Happy Mothers day to those across the pond, and I hope everyone has a fab weekend.
I'll be back :)

*poofs*

Edited by airlybird, 12 May 2012 - 09:44 AM.

#38    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,673 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Well, you lot have some sparkle, I'll give you that and there is always room for some light "reparte" after dealing with some of the more loaded topics in the forums.  Nice to have a public lounge to relax in - good idea :tu:

Edited by libstaK, 12 May 2012 - 10:06 AM.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#39    airlybird

airlybird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

• "If you want to know the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals."
    ~J.K. Rowling

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:34 AM

*Slides a margarita across the bar to libstaK and raises my glass*
Cheers, here's to hoping this place can provide a nice relaxing haven for winding down in after work, topic debating around the forum, or just a plain rough old day.
*sips*

Edited by airlybird, 12 May 2012 - 10:35 AM.

#40    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,673 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 12 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

Ah margarita, just what these tired old bones have been chasing *sips*.  Mind you UM itself is a purrfect way to unwind after a hard days work, someone always says something "unexpected" that gets a smile out of me.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#41    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 14 May 2012 - 01:47 PM

Star date: Monday, May 14, 2012 9:50am
Greetings fellow sparkley ones...I bid you all a good day.
It is rainy and grey here (New York) today...but thats just the skys. I have been at work for a few hours now and I think I will go get myself a coffee to jump start my engine nbecause it is clear I can not do this with out help today.

Edited by TheWatcher, 14 May 2012 - 01:52 PM.

#42    airlybird

airlybird

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

~J.K. Rowling

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

*runs in the side of the thread*
Hey afternoon guys, just passing through for now, so blink and you'll miss me.
I'm just in from work.
Going to get the tea on, then will stop back later, I'm STARVING!!!
*reaches the ends and runs out the other side*
*poof gone*

#43    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

I'm gona get a net for the next time she *poofs* in.
Whats for tea?
Psst...if your not from England...by "tea" she means "dinner"...
Yeah I know...what you gona do?

You should hear the way she says aluminun foil :whistle:

Get some music on in here... Lets dance. Sun is coming out..Rains over...woot ...woot...

OMG my daughter is in love with that band...One Direction...
If I hear "you dont know your beautiful" one more time Im gona...Im gona... Well Im gona sing aloing with it because it is a catchy little number isnt it...?

:whistle:you don't knooowhoho...you dont know your beautiful...

Edited by TheWatcher, 14 May 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#44    schizoidwoman

schizoidwoman

The roosting goose...

• 12,538 posts

• Much mischief is done by the misuse of mercury...

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

It's lovely and sunny here; I'm enjoying a Fab!

#45    TheWatcher

TheWatcher

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

• Sir Woodyalot

Posted 14 May 2012 - 05:48 PM

View Postschizoidwoman, on 14 May 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

It's lovely and sunny here; I'm enjoying a Fab!
Hey there R-Gooster
Sunny there you say?
It rained here most of the morning. Its nice now though.
Have you had your tea yet?
Its going on 2:00 in the afternoon here now and Im already hungry for dinner.
Hey ..wait a minute...what did I even have for lunch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users