Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do spiders have super powers?

Still Waters

Over 350 million years, spiders have evolved some impressive skills. Size for size, if spiders were as big as humans, some of these skills could be considered superhuman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/zc472hv

• Like 2

Wasn't this the entire premise for Spiderman?

I never knew that some spiders can dive and survive even for few days underwater, in the air bubble. Just wow.

• Like 1

I am never ceased to be amazed how handicapped we humans are if we are about to compare our powers to those found in the animal kingdom.

How to heck we manage to rule this world, i am often wondering...

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 2

We had a spider in our fruit from Tesco.I released it into our boiler room and the damn things taken over.

LOL

• Like 1

Spiders are the most beautiful awesome creatures in the world, that come in many varieties and have remarkable skills,and an an ancient lineage, that I always step on, crush, mangle and poison. As long as they are just on Youtube, they're cool.

• Like 2

If spiders evolved to be bigger, they would lose much of their physical traits. They only look the way they do because of their size and how they live. They might not grow bigger than a child of four, and would develope much more hair like fur. Furry, big eyed cutesies! They would look much like this, the Bachuru spiders:

7d374faa.jpg

Slave2fate I agree all of this was the premise for Spiderman the original creator even said that he watched spiders when he came up with the idea for a spider based superhero the spider that bit Spiderman had all the powers of every spider that's why he's so awesome

• Like 1

Spiders are the most beautiful awesome creatures in the world, that come in many varieties and have remarkable skills,and an an ancient lineage, that I always step on, crush, mangle and poison. As long as they are just on Youtube, they're cool.

They are amazing and the webs beautiful. I have seen many after a rain and how they held up might put a mason to shame. When the light hits the rain drops on them it's like glistening diamonds. I generally use a glass and move them out side or deposit them on a plant.
  • Like 1

They also have the power to eat insects.

A very impressive super power indeed.

For this I am most grateful.

Slave2fate I agree all of this was the premise for Spiderman the original creator even said that he watched spiders when he came up with the idea for a spider based superhero the spider that bit Spiderman had all the powers of every spider that's why he's so awesome

I did not know this. I shall share it with others.

So, if I bite a spider, does that take his "super-powers" away???

I don't know but depending on the 8 legged one, they might take yours.

i think they can sense a threat ... like me looking at them and THINKING if i should wack them. The instant the thought enters my mind.. the spider SCOOTS! . It's happened many times now ... ?¿?

Yeah, they are super creepy.

I am never ceased to be amazed how handicapped we humans are if we are about to compare our powers to those found in the animal kingdom.

I think we just think we rule the world.... The crows run circles around us.

I try to make sure I don't hurt the wrong ones, so I keep this ID Chart handy.

Spider%2520ID%2520Chart.jpg

• Like 1

Really?

If we had to rely on you, maybe not!! :lol:

Humans are the most irrational species. :no:

Spiders are terrified, like this one hiding from Psyche101:

cute-jumping-spiders-arachnology-27689861-400-273.jpg

Do spiders have super powers? No. But maybe if we were to cover them in radioactive waste like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were, this would change.