Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Spritual warfare

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16    FearLess !

FearLess !

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(ericraven2003 @ Aug 13 2005, 02:22 PM)
Thats what I was looking for. You chrisitians think that everyone else's religion is bogus except yours. Such ARROGANCE. Most of the world would be going to hell considering that two thrids of the population of the earth is not Christian.

View Post

Hey bro,...ease up blink.gif

I'm just stating the facts. did you even read my posts ?
If you would have taken the time to, you would have realized your question was already answered.

Acts 19:15 The evil spirit answered, "Jesus I know, and Paul I know, but who are you?"

Somehow a group of these itinerant Jewish exorcists--the seven sons of a Jewish high priest, Sceva--had heard Paul preaching and speaking the name of Jesus. From other texts, we know that Paul often spoke of Jesus as the "Son of the Most High," a name that would obviously appealed to such exorcists for use in various spells and incantations. And now here we find the seven sons of Sceva using the name of Jesus during exorcisms. But using our Lord's name backfired on them, for when the "evil spirit," heard these men using the name of Jesus, "he answered them, `Jesus I know and Paul I know about, but who are you?'" Certainly this was not what the would-be exorcists wanted to hear! It also did not help matters when the man who was possessed by the demon somehow over-powered all seven of these men, beating them to the point that their clothes were stripped from them and they were bleeding.

Not only is this a biblical account but i have seen demons myself attack those who simply try to use Jesus name to try to rid themselves of demonic attack.

It happened at the last place of employment actually.
A spiritist attempted to do so and her whole world turned upside down in a matter of days !

The fact isn't whether we " Christians think we are the only true religion."

In the book of Hebrews, God says he holds his word above his name !
In Romans it says there is no other name under heaven by which men can be saved !
and in Philippians it says God has givin Jesus a name which is higher than any other name.
and at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is
Lord Of All !

I'm just tellin ya what the book says and the results of giving your life to Christ are, as well as the authority you have and freedom you have from demonic oppression.

Unless you've got some sincere questions and really want to learn a few things here,

I Got to go bro....

Choice is yours innocent.gif

- FearLess -

Edited by FearLess !, 13 August 2005 - 09:40 PM.

#17    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 09:40 PM

Jesus Christ is lord of all !   WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#18    FearLess !

FearLess !

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE(The Silver Thong @ Aug 13 2005, 02:40 PM)
Jesus Christ is lord of all !   WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

View Post

" WOW nope won't go there "

John 1 - The light of God shines in the darkness, but the darkness does not want the light.
They who are in darkness, hate the light lest their evil ways be brought to the light and
they be saved from that darkness.

Again, Just stating what's written in the Word.

Even Jesus said " Satan, it is written " you shall worship the Lord God only.

The word of God is the highest Power and authority.
Hmmm,..Maybe that's why He calls Himself the Most High God.

I don't know how you consider any of this extreme ?

Unfamiliar to you, yes, extreme,..no.

It appears you're just mad because all you can do is throw bad comments instead
of using knowledge, wisdom and humility in your posts.

Does this make you feel superior in some way...?

It actually makes you appear quite foolish.

Proverbs - Speak not in the self confident ears of a fool !

I believe i'm done here. no use arguing with those that only seek to attack.

sleepy.gif

#19    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:03 PM

Not attacking you,but you cannot see past your own religion. What makes you think that your religion out of 10,000 is the only correct one and the only way we can keep ourselves from hell. That is arrogance.

Edited by ericraven2003, 13 August 2005 - 11:02 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#20    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,117 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE(FearLess ! @ Aug 13 2005, 03:00 PM)
QUOTE(The Silver Thong @ Aug 13 2005, 02:40 PM)
Jesus Christ is lord of all !   WOW nope won't go there,sound to much like extemists talking crap.

View Post

" WOW nope won't go there "

John 1 - The light of God shines in the darkness, but the darkness does not want the light.
They who are in darkness, hate the light lest their evil ways be brought to the light and
they be saved from that darkness.

Again, Just stating what's written in the Word.

Even Jesus said " Satan, it is written " you shall worship the Lord God only.

The word of God is the highest Power and authority.
Hmmm,..Maybe that's why He calls Himself the Most High God.

I don't know how you consider any of this extreme ?

Unfamiliar to you, yes, extreme,..no.

It appears you're just mad because all you can do is throw bad comments instead
of using knowledge, wisdom and humility in your posts.

Does this make you feel in some way...?

It actually makes you appear quite foolish.

Proverbs - Speak not in the self confident ears of a fool !

I believe i'm done here. no use arguing with those that only seek to attack.

sleepy.gif

View Post

Again wow did my little post sound like I was mad, I was not mad,upset or even miffed.  What you want to believe in fine with me, but when you come across as an extremist and try to push the word of God down my throat, I will call as I see it.

As far as me feeling superior because I do not feel the same way you do makes me wonder about your superiority complex. Are we not so sure anymore are we doubting ourselves, ask yourself.

Who is more foolish? the fool that leads or the fool that follows?  You speak all the proverbs you want,and go knock on someone elses door.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#21    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE(ericraven2003 @ Aug 13 2005, 03:22 PM)
Thats what I was looking for. You chrisitians think that everyone else's religion is bogus except yours. Such ARROGANCE. Most of the world would be going to hell considering that two thrids of the population of the earth is not Christian.

View Post

People in other religions do have ceremonies to cast out evil spirits. But, consider this: Devils and evil spirits are liars and deceivers. In those other religions, that are not Christian, the devils are not forced to leave. The devils leave by their own will (or just pretend to leave) to further deceive the people into thinking that their religion is real. But that is only a deception.
In Christianity, when a real Christian, commands a devil to leave, in the name of Jesus Christ, and he has faith in that name, then the power of God forces the devil to leave. [That is different from the devil leaving of his own will to make a deception, like what happens in the false religions.]
Satan's main goal is to deceive people, so that they will go to hell. Devils do make false miracles happen to deceive people into false religious beliefs, so that they will go to hell.
Devils put diseases on people. In Christianity, through faith in the name of Jesus, the power of God will heal those people.
In false religions, healings can happen too. But that is the devils simply taking away the diseases, that they put on people, to further deceive them into thinking that their false religion is real. If Satan can deceive them into believing in a false religion, then they will go to hell. Deceiving people into hell is Satan's prime objective.

Conscerning your statement about most of the world going to hell:

Jesus plainly said that most of the world is going to destruction, and that is true in every generation.

Matthew 7:13   Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Matthew 7:14   Because strait [is] the gate, and narrow [is] the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

#22    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:43 AM

I take it then that demonic possession is a symptom of Christiandom?

#23    FearLess !

FearLess !

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 05:28 PM

" but when you come across as an extremist and try to push the word of God down my throat,
I will call as I see it."
I guess what I fail to see in your statement here is how I pushed the word of God down your throat?
If you have a problem with the word of God, it may be because someone once came accross to you that way at one time in your life.

I simply responded to a thread about removing demonic spirits from a person and from a home.

What I stated is not only biblical, but is the only way to rid yourself and your home from demonic attack.
But go ahead try to get rid of them in the name of Allah, Buddah, by Spiritist procedures,
etc. what you will discover is, there is only one power, one source, and His name is far superior
above all other so called gods, who are not gods at all but formulated from humanity's finite mind.
Why is it so difficult to accept the fact that there is only one way, and one true God ?
All I can say to this is, I'm very thankful there is !
That means I don't have to go through your list of 10,000 or so religions that exist to get help !!!

And here's a few reasons to back up why God is supreme over all !

1. Can any other so called God love ? Do they have the capacity to love ?
    Jesus Christ loves you. If he didn't, he wouldn't of givin up his life for you.

How has He shown his love to me aside from this ?
    He has saved me from commiting suicide.
    He has healed me of my past emotional pain.
    He saved me from getting herpes.
    He healed my back that was severely damaged from a work related injury.
    I asked him to heal me according to His word in my bedroom and instantly my back was      
    restored before my very eyes ! It's been 4 years and my back is even stronger than it was  
    before the injury.
    He has delivered me from the bondage of ciggerettes.
    He has saved me from those that have come against me on a job.
    He has been my defense in court.

These are just a few things.

2. Next time you are in trouble, say in an airplane, car or whatever, call on all of the 10,000
    or so called religions or so called gods and see if you get a reply !
    people always call to God for help !
    Not Buddah, Allah, or whatever !
    Ya wanna no why ???,...They don't exist !

You attack and are hostile to what you do not understand.
If you would at least give him an honest chance in your life,
you would arrive at the same conclusion I and thousands of others have...
God is good, He is not a religion, He's alive and well.
Allah, Buddah, and all the other philosophers have one thing in common,
they're all dead !

He cares and loves us and he wants us to come to Him,
so He can help us in this fallen dark world. He is the only light, way, and hope.
And He wants us to know him more intimately.
When we do, we realize that He is all He says He is and more  grin2.gif

His word brings life and peace.
You are hostile to the very thing that can help you.
Why can't you understand this ?
Unlike coming across as a religious nut, or an extremist,
I have presented God in a very different way to you.

Peace

- Fearless -

Edited by FearLess !, 14 August 2005 - 05:31 PM.

#24    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE(F. Mulder @ Jun 18 2005, 09:29 AM)
My friend read a book on spiritual warfare and said that there are a kind of demon that make you frightened of nothing. They just induce fear into you. He also said that if someone gets possesed by a demon, all you need to do is say "Inthe name of Jesus Christ leave this persons body". If the subject is not ready though, then the demon wil re-enter the persons body, and have a stronger grip on that person. Some ways to identify if someone is possesed is that they may have superhuman abilieties,the ability to speak in different languages, and/or thier voice may change into a much deeper pitch.

View Post

There that's the original post... the reason using a name like Jesus works is because you believe it works. Sweeping and clapping work for the Balinese. Why? Becuase a clean bright noisy home is more positive than a dank dark quiet one. Casting a white light works for witches. Why? same thing as the Balinese.
What I worry about is why we preached a brand of faith before we looked at wether or not posession is real and or wether it is actually caused by a spirit or a mental illness.

Fearless, you are new here. Welcome to the boards. Please take some time to look around. There are many religions represented here and for this reason we can not consider it polite to push any one belief as the only right way.

#25    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,065 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 14 August 2005 - 10:52 PM

Possession should be looked at as a mental illness. Even most christians would say 99.9% of them are mental illness. You can't cast out schizophrenia with any gods name.

Edited by ericraven2003, 14 August 2005 - 10:53 PM.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#26    iaapac

iaapac

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

• The only difference between genius and ignorance is that genius has a limit

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:36 PM

I have seen Hindus who sincerely believed that only by bathing in the Ganghis River once a year could their souls be cleansed and they had the same zeal and certainty of any Christian.

I have seen Muslems take the trek to Mecca with the absolute conviction that their journey was the work of their god, Allah and it was a holy and noble honor to do so.  They believed they were as right as any Christian, no matter how fanatic.

I have seen Chinese who see beauty in all things and the spirit of universal life in a single blossom and they were convinced that the simplicity of their belief was god-given and pure with the same or greater conviction of any Christian.

A religious bigot is worst than a racial bigot because the consequences of his bigotry are eternal.  I believe that God has no interest in what we call him or by what methods he is worshipped.  But I do believe he has a very special judgement for those who would insult the beliefs of others in order to enforce their own.

#27    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,559 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 14 August 2005 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(ericraven2003 @ Aug 14 2005, 08:03 AM)
Not attacking you,but you cannot see past your own religion. What makes you think that your religion out of 10,000 is the only correct one and the only way we can keep ourselves from hell. That is arrogance.

View Post

It is not arrogance.  it is faith.  Although i guess you can argue they are both the same thing

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#28    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 02:41 AM

And the topic is...... Spiritual Warfare.

Not War over religious belief. So please back on topic, don't make me quote the original post a second time....

#29    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,229 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:15 PM

There that's the original post... the reason using a name like Jesus works is because you believe it works. Sweeping and clapping work for the Balinese. Why? Becuase a clean bright noisy home is more positive than a dank dark quiet one. Casting a white light works for witches. Why? same thing as the Balinese.

I agree with this Kismit, if you believe something works chances are it will work.  The greatest healer is within yourself.  Depression can make someone act like a demon is in them.  They can become hateful, violent, self destructive, and generally insane.  A group of people laying hands and showing that they care could brake
the cycle of depressive thought.  
As a witch I believe a spirit can enter a persons body, but I think any good shaman can help get rid of them, because it is not actually the shaman, but the person who effects the healing.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#30    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 11:39 PM

I would like to say something on the matter if Kismit will allow it.

I think demons are not that powerful. They are people who have died and for whatever reason, will not leave the earth plane and move on. They may be mean and they may be desirous of causing us harm, but I don't think they can.

Just keep a positive belief in God and they can't affect you.

That PC enough for ya Kismit?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users