Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What does this mean for America?

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

#31    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,906 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:56 PM

View Postdocyabut2, on 07 November 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

And now the government want to raise my taxs to pay more,

If that's true then you make way more than 200,000 per year and the rest of what you said is suspect.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#32    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 10,906 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 07 November 2012 - 11:57 PM

View PostLucidElement, on 07 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

I really think people on welfare and foodstamps need to be drug tested.

Drug testing in florida yielded a vanishingly small percentage of people on drugs.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#33    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,671 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:45 AM

Posted ImageWoIverine, on 07 November 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Some states are opting out of Obamacare.

They can't. All that means is that the rest of us have to pay to setup your exchanges.

Hide and watch!

Edited by joc, 08 November 2012 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#34    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:23 AM

I will gladly pay taxes for everything if I am covered for everything. Especially if that drops the price of aspirin in a hospital to a normal level. Seriously last time I went for an overnight 75 bucks per aspirin(They gave me 4 in a 12 hour period and my bottle of 100 cost me 3 bucks) and they confiscated my bottle of aspirin while I was unconsciousness and wouldn't fork it over until I left.

It's gonna drive the stupid bills lower. So people can actually pay there own bill. Before you were already paying for other people's medical claim just in a different way and didn't even know it. Sliding scales in most hospitals means most people got expensive emergency care for free which somebody had to pay for... you. That homeless guy/Poor people you hate so much yeah you were already paying for him. Now we all pay for him. Instead of only the people who got sick or hurt by chance best part is it's going to be cheaper for you since everybody else pays to and you get actual full coverage.
(I don't even want to know what people went through who were born with a health risk where insurance wouldn't even touch them when they actually made money).

Drug testing for welfare and tanf is pointless(You do realize that would cause a tax increase right that you would be paying for since they don't pay *facepalm*) unless they are using something other then cash to get drugs(which would be small not many people would go out and whore for drugs unlike what the media shows you most of them end up dealing to make their drug money. Most of the time I've seen people got off it by doing that they didn't want state to pop in and check and see drugs so they dropped it)

China and Russia are doing what we should be are doing. Importing more unfinished products then finished products to their country. Why because that means the work actually stays in our country(more people working, more taxes come in, do I need to go further). America has even been outsourcing our own defense contracts for years. Can't blame the Presidents on this they get blackballed hard (both Republicans and Democrats have to play to those who gives them money)

I swear common sense isn't so common anymore.

#35    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,450 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

View PostNuke_em, on 07 November 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Haha you wish your country is so deep in debt that its too late to actualy do something about it. Year ago when the topic came up it was supressed so hard..and postponed...ignorance is a bliss, untill it will turn into a nightmare. But hey why not supress the critical point in economy one more time... untill China gets angry/impatienced and wants its money back...

Don't forget you are still printing money ?!

funny part though, USA is still the most wealthiest country in the world.. witht he strongest military. its crazy to think we are the wealthiest even though we are in depth but every article ive read shows we are.

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html

But USA isnt the richest per capita.

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#36    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

View PostJinxdom, on 08 November 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:

I will gladly pay taxes for everything if I am covered for everything. Especially if that drops the price of aspirin in a hospital to a normal level. Seriously last time I went for an overnight 75 bucks per aspirin(They gave me 4 in a 12 hour period and my bottle of 100 cost me 3 bucks) and they confiscated my bottle of aspirin while I was unconsciousness and wouldn't fork it over until I left.

It's gonna drive the stupid bills lower. So people can actually pay there own bill. Before you were already paying for other people's medical claim just in a different way and didn't even know it. Sliding scales in most hospitals means most people got expensive emergency care for free which somebody had to pay for... you. That homeless guy/Poor people you hate so much yeah you were already paying for him. Now we all pay for him. Instead of only the people who got sick or hurt by chance best part is it's going to be cheaper for you since everybody else pays to and you get actual full coverage.
(I don't even want to know what people went through who were born with a health risk where insurance wouldn't even touch them when they actually made money).

Drug testing for welfare and tanf is pointless(You do realize that would cause a tax increase right that you would be paying for since they don't pay *facepalm*) unless they are using something other then cash to get drugs(which would be small not many people would go out and whore for drugs unlike what the media shows you most of them end up dealing to make their drug money. Most of the time I've seen people got off it by doing that they didn't want state to pop in and check and see drugs so they dropped it)

China and Russia are doing what we should be are doing. Importing more unfinished products then finished products to their country. Why because that means the work actually stays in our country(more people working, more taxes come in, do I need to go further). America has even been outsourcing our own defense contracts for years. Can't blame the Presidents on this they get blackballed hard (both Republicans and Democrats have to play to those who gives them money)

I swear common sense isn't so common anymore.
ObamaCare doesn't have anything to do with any of that.  The idea that you will be covered for everything is ludicrous...but, you are correct about 'paying taxes for everything'...except of course the part about being happy to do it...you won't be.  You are going to be seriously pissed when you realize in real life terms what this atrocity means.

Let's employ a bit of 'common sense' shall we.  First, we know from obama's own mouth that the plan is to get to Single Payer.  The way to get there is to drive up the cost of Insurance  until everyone opts into the least expensive plan which is the Government One...the Insurance Companies will not be able to compete and will go out of business....there you go...Single Payer.   Next, when that happens, everyone is paying high taxes on everything to pay for everyone's 'free' healthcare, what you will begin to understand is that there is no way on god's grey earth that anyone is going to be covered for everything...especially with the babyboomer's coming into old age.  So, who gets what, and when and why...and why...become critical questions for the providers.  And the 'providers' are government workers you will never have the displeasure of knowing.

But here is the rub...because it will all be Government deciding what....and because of course...government is corrupt as hell...who get's what, when, and why...the crucial questions (replacing of course the real crucial questions of What does my doctor think?) will become a political football...

....the end result of ObamaCare...when people begin to understand that the way they vote affects the Healthcare choices they are given...when they begin to understand that voting Democrat means Aunt Mildred gets a heart by-pass in time to actually save her life...but voting Republican or Third Party means that Uncle Joe is just given a pill for pain rather than the surgery he needs...then, people will vote Democrat and that will be that....The Democrat Party becomes equal to The Communist Party...which of course is the real end game!

But most people don't think Russia is a player anymore...they are THE player.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#37    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,219 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

View PostLucidElement, on 08 November 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

funny part though, USA is still the most wealthiest country in the world.. witht he strongest military. its crazy to think we are the wealthiest even though we are in depth but every article ive read shows we are.

http://www.aneki.com/richest.html

But USA isnt the richest per capita.

Good to see progress, the government is making people think you are rich in fact you are far from that.. Well about the military i agree i think there is no match for your firepower...

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#38    CommunitarianKevin

CommunitarianKevin

Fact Corrector

• 1,279 posts

• Now we know that heedless self-interests is bad economics.-FDR

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:46 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 07 November 2012 - 07:29 AM, said:

Some states are opting out of Obamacare. If we make it to 2016 without any major economic events happening, I will be amazed. I had an interesting thought earlier. Why not divide the country in half, democrats in one half, republicans in the other. Each side has its own form of government. We could actually let the democrats pay for their own welfare programs and then watch how fast it all crumbles.
I have said this before. Give them their Confederate states of America. Hell, let Texas have their own country too...

View Postdocyabut2, on 07 November 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

Like my daughter had said  Mom I tired of being in the middle class working by ass off everyday to get a head for my family,paying half my check to day care, struggling to buy a house and putting food on the table.  And now the government want to raise my taxs to pay more, and tax the more wealthy business, so I may end up loseing my Job anyway.Might as well join the Obama crowd and pop out a few more kids to get all the free support, housing ,food , day care, and then take a trip to the bahamas:) :)
I do not think you understand how government assisstance works...

My screen names may change. My real name is Kevin. You can call me that in the threads...
My "about me" page...
http://www.unexplain...showentry=24860
http://athans-athansblog.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/KevinAthans

#39    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostHuttonEtAl, on 08 November 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

I have said this before. Give them their Confederate states of America. Hell, let Texas have their own country too...

'Scuse me!   Texas already IS its own country.  We like to call it  The United States of Texas!
Posted Image

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#40    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:03 PM

View PostRender, on 07 November 2012 - 07:41 AM, said:

You pay taxes I pressume?
Then surely you must realise you're paying for roads you've never even heard off, you're paying for parks you've never visited, you're paying for police departments you have no direct business with, you're paying for fire fighters when it's a possibility you never have to go through a fire, you're paying for libraries even though you may never have read a book in your life.

You are not alone in the world. Everyone has to chip in for a country to work.

Very well said Render! There are just decisions that have to be made, that are just what is best for the common good. For me, that is that  everyone has access to health care and the idea that I have to pitch in, do my part, is an honor not some awful fate.

#41    Sherapy

Sherapy

Sheri loves Sean loves Sheri...

• 21,714 posts

• The giving of love is an education in itself.
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

View Postjoc, on 08 November 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

ObamaCare doesn't have anything to do with any of that.  The idea that you will be covered for everything is ludicrous...but, you are correct about 'paying taxes for everything'...except of course the part about being happy to do it...you won't be.  You are going to be seriously pissed when you realize in real life terms what this atrocity means.

Let's employ a bit of 'common sense' shall we.  First, we know from obama's own mouth that the plan is to get to Single Payer.  The way to get there is to drive up the cost of Insurance  until everyone opts into the least expensive plan which is the Government One...the Insurance Companies will not be able to compete and will go out of business....there you go...Single Payer.   Next, when that happens, everyone is paying high taxes on everything to pay for everyone's 'free' healthcare, what you will begin to understand is that there is no way on god's grey earth that anyone is going to be covered for everything...especially with the babyboomer's coming into old age.  So, who gets what, and when and why...and why...become critical questions for the providers.  And the 'providers' are government workers you will never have the displeasure of knowing.

But here is the rub...because it will all be Government deciding what....and because of course...government is corrupt as hell...who get's what, when, and why...the crucial questions (replacing of course the real crucial questions of What does my doctor think?) will become a political football...

....the end result of ObamaCare...when people begin to understand that the way they vote affects the Healthcare choices they are given...when they begin to understand that voting Democrat means Aunt Mildred gets a heart by-pass in time to actually save her life...but voting Republican or Third Party means that Uncle Joe is just given a pill for pain rather than the surgery he needs...then, people will vote Democrat and that will be that....The Democrat Party becomes equal to The Communist Party...which of course is the real end game!

Joc, Obama care has simply created choice and in choice one keeps the playing field level. It keeps the Insurance companies from being a monopoly. It is not the end of world hun.

#42    Spiral staircase

Spiral staircase

Breaking

• 3,607 posts

• Such an ugly feeling that won't leave.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

View Postjoc, on 08 November 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

Oh please, National Healthcare Plan puts us on par with Canada. Not exactly the end of the world.

The national problem is not that we are getting a fairer system of healthcare but that half the country actually believes in the delusional conspiracy you just recited. I know at times the lunatic fringe is mentioned but it is more like a little under half of the population.

While some believe the sky is falling to treat healthcare as a service like public roads, everyone rich or poor can use the same roads, instead of as a private toll road, that is as a business, is not going to harm anything except the useless insurance companies.

Inusrance companies are exactly like tolls in the middle of the road. And if we let you guys have it 100% all your way you would privatize roads.

But no matter how much one attempts to suffocate the Spirit of Compromise it will resurrect itself more times than Jesus on Easter, the Energizer Bunny, or the 1980s.

#43    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,391 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

View PostChasingtherabbit, on 08 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Oh please, National Healthcare Plan puts us on par with Canada. Not exactly the end of the world.

Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a National Healthcare Plan where we pay taxes and everyone can go to the doctor for free. You are required to buy insurance, from an insurance company, according to your income. The only good thing about it is that maybe the insurance companies can't keep going up on you every year until you can't afford it anymore.

I guess this is going to require people to submit their tax returns to the insurance company so they can adjust your rates accordingly. If you can afford to pay more you will and if you can't you won't. The people that could never afford insurance still won't have to buy insurance and will be able to get free healthcare...just like they have always been able to.

#44    joc

joc

• 12,671 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostMichelle, on 08 November 2012 - 11:03 PM, said:

Contrary to popular belief, this isn't a National Healthcare Plan where we pay taxes and everyone can go to the doctor for free. You are required to buy insurance, from an insurance company, according to your income. The only good thing about it is that maybe the insurance companies can't keep going up on you every year until you can't afford it anymore.

I guess this is going to require people to submit their tax returns to the insurance company so they can adjust your rates accordingly. If you can afford to pay more you will and if you can't you won't. The people that could never afford insurance still won't have to buy insurance and will be able to get free healthcare...just like they have always been able to.
You are required to buy insurance, from an insurance company...but guess who is paying for your Health Care?  The Insurance Provider you are forced to acquire...there is not a chance that they will be able to make any money when THEY are forced to pay for anything the Government says is covered, which, at first will be, EVERYTHING...there isn't any such thing anymore as Pre-existing.  So, one by one, the Insurance Companies will go out of business until we have...ta da...Single Payer Healthcare.  That is when you really find out what this HealthCareNot Bill was all about.

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#45    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• 1,735 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:03 AM

Some people take advantage of wellfare and the food stamp problem.instead of going out and working they let the government take care of them..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users